You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AT23 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

1. WR Keenan Allen (A left-field pick that I will get blasted for. But, he has ideal WR size and more production than other WR's in this range. I believe Austin and Patterson will be gone. It'll surprise most fans)
2. OLB Jamie Collins (Need a pass-rusher to compete with Worilds)
3. S Shamarko Thomas (Everyone and their mom has Shamarko but he has decent speed, only lacks height which means he'll be injury-prone. Worth a 3rd though)
4. ILB Jon Bostic (Ideal size and speed to play the buck position)
5. RB Gillislee, Mike (we sure do like our Florida players)
6. CB Johnny Adams (Value pick just to add CB depth which we lacked last year)
6. ILB Vince Williams (We need all the linebacker help we can get. Sure, double-dipping is bad when you're talking about food, but this isn't food!)
7 TE Jake Stoneburner (What's a Steelers mock draft without an OSU player?)
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like it. I think Allen is underrated and he is more polished than Patterson and some of the other guys.

The only thing I would change would be Swearinger over Thomas (depending if he is available at our 3rd round pick).

If this was our draft I would be very happy.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft at23. If we got that haul I would be very happy.

Allen, Collins, & Thomas are all solid picks. Doubling up on ILB with complimentary skills sets is good. Gillislee, Adams, and Stoneburner are nice later round picks. Solid A.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins is a guy the number crunchers love, and he admittedly has good company when you look at the charts. I haven't liked what I've seen with my eyes. I'm in the middle on him but would role the dice.

My final opinion of Allen will be made when he works out in a few days. I still prefer Patterson.

Overall, I really like the mock. I think 4+ of those guys will pan out as starters.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
1. WR Keenan Allen (A left-field pick that I will get blasted for. But, he has ideal WR size and more production than other WR's in this range. I believe Austin and Patterson will be gone. It'll surprise most fans)
3. S Shamarko Thomas (Everyone and their mom has Shamarko but he has decent speed, only lacks height which means he'll be injury-prone. Worth a 3rd though)
4. ILB Jon Bostic (Ideal size and speed to play the buck position)

6. ILB Vince Williams (We need all the linebacker help we can get. Sure, double-dipping is bad when you're talking about food, but this isn't food!)

like it
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it so much I hate it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I love it so much I hate it.

huh?? Laughing Laughing
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

He may well be BPA, no argument here. Doesn't have the top end speed of some others to help in the KR game, but may well be more effective as a WR.

Very good pick. He has upside and would be good value here.

3. S Shamarko Thomas (Everyone and their mom has Shamarko but he has decent speed, only lacks height which means he'll be injury-prone. Worth a 3rd though).

Bob Sanders Part Deux. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt as much.

4. ILB Jon Bostic (Ideal size and speed to play the buck position).

I like him a lot. He is my second favorite ILB for us to draft. (Top 3 are Manti, Bostic, Klein). Fills need,has the tools and size we need and may be a better pro than college player.

Only if they don't get in trouble. Baron Batch Part Deux!

No complaint, but he is probably William Gay Part Deux! Maybe look for KR/WR.

I would prefer a kick returning WR as oppossed to another ILB. Denard Robinson if he is on the board from 5th on.

Too many back-up TE's already. I would rather wait until 2014 to look for a Heath replacement/back-up. Take the best available safety here.

Solid draft and I like it. Grade solid B. It should be titled AT23 Part Deux! Very Happy
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock. I'm not that big on Thomas as some are though. It's a draft that I would like for the most part.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only guy left that HATES seeing a WR in the 1st round? Troy Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and of all years to consider a 1st round WR, its a year when all the supposed "1st round talent" has BUST written all over them. Tavon is the only WR I somewhat like at the top of the draft, and thats only if he goes to a team with several other targets that can give him the ball in open space.

Other than that. Collins, Gillislee, Williams all solid picks.

We don't need a Buck ILB, we've never used a buck ILB. I must be wearing on you guys from wanting to constantly switch to the 1-gap in FFMD! Laughing

Don't really know much about Adams or Stoneburner.

Sorry, man. I just can't get on the wagon about drafting one of these WRs in the 1st round.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft class they took Holmes was considered "weak." Most fans didn't want to touch WR in R1. The top guys were all too small, after all. I liked Holmes, personally, and regardless of how things ended he became a Super Bowl MVP. He was a clutch [inappropriate/removed] and followed in the footsteps of some very good OSU WR's. Patterson will be a player and it will be a gift if he falls to 1.17.

Quote:
v
We don't need a Buck ILB, we've never used a buck ILB. I must be wearing on you guys from wanting to constantly switch to the 1-gap in FFMD!

This team could use another ILB. They are starting a 32 year old Larry Foote at one spot. He was one of the borderline starters years ago. They also have very little depth at the spot.

LB's are also the core of the defense, and that should never be forgotten.

I've yet to see a critic of Thomas find a flaw in his game beyond his size, which will supposedly lead to injuries. I don't view him as the next Bob Sanders as much as I see him as a hybrid between Sanders and Polamalu. He is going to be a player.

No safety in this class is involved more on a play-by-play basis than Thomas. If he slips to the 3rd round it's a blessing. Anyone who wants any of the overrated SEC safeties over him is a fool.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The draft class they took Holmes was considered "weak." Most fans didn't want to touch WR in R1. The top guys were all too small, after all. I liked Holmes, personally, and regardless of how things ended he became a Super Bowl MVP. He was a clutch [inappropriate/removed] and followed in the footsteps of some very good OSU WR's. Patterson will be a player and it will be a gift if he falls to 1.17

That class WAS weak.

And IIRC, Holmes and Chad Jackson were the only 2 WRs that most considered top 50 picks. I remember because those 2 were constantly compared that offseason, before and after the draft.

This year, there are 6 or 7 that most consider top 50 and some quality guys after that.

I do like Patterson, but he is definitely a boom/bust guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
The draft class they took Holmes was considered "weak." Most fans didn't want to touch WR in R1. The top guys were all too small, after all. I liked Holmes, personally, and regardless of how things ended he became a Super Bowl MVP. He was a clutch [inappropriate/removed] and followed in the footsteps of some very good OSU WR's. Patterson will be a player and it will be a gift if he falls to 1.17

That class WAS weak.

And IIRC, Holmes and Chad Jackson were the only 2 WRs that most considered top 50 picks. I remember because those 2 were constantly compared that offseason, before and after the draft.

This year, there are 6 or 7 that most consider top 50 and some quality guys after that.

Sinorice Moss was projected to us a lot as well because most of the media thought Jackson and Holmes would be gone before we picked.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

That class WAS weak.

Sinorice Moss was projected to us a lot as well because most of the media thought Jackson and Holmes would be gone before we picked.

Moss' stock dropped in the month before the draft, and alot of people had him in the 3rd round.

I know he was still taken top 50, but I remember alot of people calling it a bad pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: