Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steeler Forum March Madness challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popie70

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
Pitt with the early exit!

I figured with the lower expecatitions Pitt might actually do some damage in the Tournament. I should have known better. Same ol' Pitt.

They did do some damage....to their reputation!! Laughing

Speaking of doing damage to their reputation how about Harvard beating New Mexico! Surprised

Totally jacked up my bracket...I can't remember the last time so many high seeds won in the 1st round.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Duke pulls off the win here, and Florida easily beats this year's George Mason; I'll have 5 of the 8 teams in the Elite 8 right still Cool
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sittin tied for 1st, but Kansas f'd me. Looks like i'll be dropping in the standings, since they were my champ.

Go Noles!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does our loss to Wichita St sting less now???

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the most gruesome basketball injury I've ever seen. Sad

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Adams going pro after saying all year that he was going to come back next year. No ill will towards him but with Khem transferring last year, Malcolm Gilbert transferring this year (to play with his brother), and now Steve leaving we have lost 3 top 100 recruits who all play center. 4 if you include Dante Taylor graduating. Zanna is our only big for next year besides incoming recruit Mike Young (also top 100 but only 6'8].

One day after the Rushel Shell fiasco.

Another day in the life of a Pitt fan recently........ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
Steven Adams going pro after saying all year that he was going to come back next year. No ill will towards him but with Khem transferring last year, Malcolm Gilbert transferring this year (to play with his brother), and now Steve leaving we have lost 3 top 100 recruits who all play center. 4 if you include Dante Taylor graduating. Zanna is our only big for next year besides incoming recruit Mike Young (also top 100 but only 6'8].

Another day in the life of a Pitt fan recently........ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I understand that a lot of players come out but I don't think it's the right decision on his part. Maybe he will change his mind. He should have stayed to become a better player and to work on his deficiencies. I don't feel he is ready at all for the NBA.

grubs10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:

I understand that a lot of players come out but I don't think it's the right decision on his part. Maybe he will change his mind. He should have stayed to become a better player and to work on his deficiencies. I don't feel he is ready at all for the NBA.
Ya agreed but everyone is talking about how weak this draft is and how strong next years is so I guess that played a part. He has a huge family (17 siblings) so the money might be enticing. I honestly think he has a better chance to go high next year too even though its a deeper class. Jamie has helped develop tons of bigmen in the past ten years and there aren't any big time centers for next years draft so he had a chance to go early. But at the end of the day you can see his potential and athletic ability from watching him and he will be a first round pick so I can't blame him for making money. The worst case scenario if he doesn't make it in the NBA is to go back home/somewhere else overseas and play basketball.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:

Ya agreed but everyone is talking about how weak this draft is and how strong next years is so I guess that played a part. He has a huge family (17 siblings) so the money might be enticing. I honestly think he has a better chance to go high next year too even though its a deeper class. Jamie has helped develop tons of bigmen in the past ten years and there aren't any big time centers for next years draft so he had a chance to go early. But at the end of the day you can see his potential and athletic ability from watching him and he will be a first round pick so I can't blame him for making money. The worst case scenario if he doesn't make it in the NBA is to go back home/somewhere else overseas and play basketball.

That makes sense then if he feels that he has a better shot at going higher in this draft compared to the one after that. You're right if he can get that money now then he might as well go for it. I didn't know he had that many siblings. Wow.

grubs10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:

That makes sense then if he feels that he has a better shot at going higher in this draft compared to the one after that. You're right if he can get that money now then he might as well go for it. I didn't know he had that many siblings. Wow.
Ya his back story is pretty darn interesting. I believe he is the youngest of 17 but all of his siblings are huge. He has a couple brothers that are 7 feet tall as well and one of his sisters has won an olympic medal in track and field (shes a thrower but I can't remember what). I believe both of Steve's parents have passed away and that he lived with one of his brothers family for a while.

I just remember watching an interview where the guy asked him if he could recite his siblings' names and he said that he couldn't. Sounded weird to me at first but I guess 17 is a lot and most of them are probably quite a bit older than him. Apparently some of these siblings aren't living too well back in New Zealand and that is the major reason for changing his mind. I am worried about him that this decision isn't in his best interest but in the interest of his family but I am most definitely rooting for him. From everyone I have heard who met him he is just a really nice kid and fun to be around.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:

Ya his back story is pretty darn interesting. I believe he is the youngest of 17 but all of his siblings are huge. He has a couple brothers that are 7 feet tall as well and one of his sisters has won an olympic medal in track and field (shes a thrower but I can't remember what). I believe both of Steve's parents have passed away and that he lived with one of his brothers family for a while.

I just remember watching an interview where the guy asked him if he could recite his siblings' names and he said that he couldn't. Sounded weird to me at first but I guess 17 is a lot and most of them are probably quite a bit older than him. Apparently some of these siblings aren't living too well back in New Zealand and that is the major reason for changing his mind. I am worried about him that this decision isn't in his best interest but in the interest of his family but I am most definitely rooting for him. From everyone I have heard who met him he is just a really nice kid and fun to be around.

Steve Adams=Chris Taft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Stefan!

Should of went with WSU instead of Pitt. I swear next year whoever Pitt plays I taking them all the way to at least the elite 8.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have finished last (or near last... haven't looked today) but I picked the National Champion and in my mind that makes me a WINNER!!!!!! Wink

Good turn out, thanks everyone for playing.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Congrats Stefan!

Should of went with WSU instead of Pitt. I swear next year whoever Pitt plays I taking them all the way to at least the elite 8.

Thanks! Kethnaab thanks for letting me use your crystal ball. Lol

I might use the Pitt strategy next season as well.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: