Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Sign OT Jake Long
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
You'll have to excuse my doubts. Too many false alarms.

Wow a Rams fan that doesn't think their team is a Super Bowl favorite! Wink

No one eluded they were. Are you mad Greenbay isn't the favorite right now or something? Sounds like you are bitter about the signing.

I actually agree that the Rams fans on these forums have shown a very reasonable, tempered enthusiasm. Good job, Rams fans!(and I do think you have the makings of a good squad).

But it's "alluded", of course. "Eluded" means "escaped". Smile
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'd want a 2nd or a 3rd at worst(probably would want another pick with the 3rd). Can't speak for the Rams though. They might be willing to settle for a 3rd or even less.

He's a young LT who has shown the ability to be a top 10 player at his position when healthy. Durability is his biggest question mark.

Certainly wouldn't trade him cheap. Too talented.

I wouldn't trade a pick that high for him. He's due to be an UFA after this season. With his durability concerns, why not just wait until he's a free agent next season? Unless the Rams would accept a lower round pick for him...
Id take a 4th for him easily. Wont be back next year, Id rather get something for him.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice signing.

Rams are definitely headed in the right direction, but Im still not sold on Sam Bradford as a franchise QB, and until they get that settled, Im not sold on the Rams doing much in that division.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Emcee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Very nice signing.

Rams are definitely headed in the right direction, but Im still not sold on Sam Bradford as a franchise QB, and until they get that settled, Im not sold on the Rams doing much in that division.

If last year is any indications, it's outside the division we need to get work done. Wink
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'd want a 2nd or a 3rd at worst(probably would want another pick with the 3rd). Can't speak for the Rams though. They might be willing to settle for a 3rd or even less.

He's a young LT who has shown the ability to be a top 10 player at his position when healthy. Durability is his biggest question mark.

I wouldn't trade a pick that high for him. He's due to be an UFA after this season. With his durability concerns, why not just wait until he's a free agent next season? Unless the Rams would accept a lower round pick for him...
Id take a 4th for him easily. Wont be back next year, Id rather get something for him.

Not sure I understand this way of thinking. Why trade a good offensive tackle for a 4th rounder? IF and that's a big if, the rams are putting Saffold on the trade block, give me a 2nd rounder or I'm hanging up the phone.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Not sure I understand this way of thinking. Why trade a good offensive tackle for a 4th rounder? IF and that's a big if, the rams are putting Saffold on the trade block, give me a 2nd rounder or I'm hanging up the phone.

The thinking is that if you're going to lose him in a year anyway, then you might as well get something for him.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sam Bradford is smiling big right now. The Rams seem very serious about helping him out this year. Tavon Austin time soon? Very Happy

He has to be the Rams #1 target now. Imagine trying to cover Givens, Austin, Quick and Cook? They could even spread it out with Cook and throw in Kendricks. That would be sick. I hope Austin is the pick

Austin would be a great fit in St. Louis. When alls said and done I'd be shocked if he made it out of the top 20. More than likely it would have to be at #16 which I doubt Rams fans like.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Id rather have a guy that is a good fit for RT and isnt as much of an injury threat. Thats just me though. Guys from the previous regime are being moved and I cant say Saffold isnt next.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sam Bradford is smiling big right now. The Rams seem very serious about helping him out this year. Tavon Austin time soon? Very Happy

He has to be the Rams #1 target now. Imagine trying to cover Givens, Austin, Quick and Cook? They could even spread it out with Cook and throw in Kendricks. That would be sick. I hope Austin is the pick

Austin would be a great fit in St. Louis. When alls said and done I'd be shocked if he made it out of the top 20. More than likely it would have to be at #16 which I doubt Rams fans like.
Id prefer to take him at 16. Having him picked between 17 and 22 would be a huge blow.

Plush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond_007x wrote:
Jake Long on the Left, Rodger Saffold on the Right.

I love it. None of these NFCW Pass rusher, will touch Bradford.

Laughing

You mean none of the cardinals pass rushers. The niners and seahawks look to both have great to elite pass rushes next season. Solid pair of tackles for the Rams now, but there are very reasonable doubts about how effective they will be
Bond_007x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
Jake Long on the Left, Rodger Saffold on the Right.

I love it. None of these NFCW Pass rusher, will touch Bradford.

Laughing

You mean none of the cardinals pass rushers. The niners and seahawks look to both have great to elite pass rushes next season. Solid pair of tackles for the Rams now, but there are very reasonable doubts about how effective they will be

We'll have to see about that. But I like the Rams chances.

And the Rams have the best D-Line in the West.

My favorite players.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

If you guys actually sign Austin and get another receiver like Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, or Conner Vernon from Duke, I'm going to watch ALL of your games lol.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

If you guys actually sign Austin and get another receiver like Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, or Conner Vernon from Duke, I'm going to watch ALL of your games lol.

Keep an eye on 2nd rounders RB Pead and WR Quick. They could be huge this year. Pead is lightening fast and Quick is 6'3 220 and has all the tools.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud of the FO for getting this done. Too many speed bumps along the way but it looks good now.

RIP Robin Williams
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the moves the Rams are making and they are armed with high picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: