Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Threadô [Vol. IV]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Aso will play better than '12...its his last contract opportunity, SF has something to play for. All signs point to him playing better.

And if he doesn't show signs of playing at a high level, Harbaugh won't keep putting him out there. (see R. Moss). Speaking of SF I'm curious how the loss of Goldson will effect the back end of that D.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had to handicap the odds of Foles beating out Vick as the starter, would we say 5-1, or more like 20-1?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
In the end, Juan got the ring, we got 4 wins....

Do you think he really cares?
He and Andy were like brothers. Getting a ring is awesome (Andy already had one btw), but I'm sure Juan cried himself to sleep for days after his pal let him go. And his role with BAL wasn't exactly a major position.

But it was an offensive position, the side of the football he worked on until Reid inexplicably gave him the job of defensive coordinator. He was in over his head, but I don't blame him, I blame Andy. That said our defense got historically bad when Reid fired him so whos foolin who.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
If we had to handicap the odds of Foles beating out Vick as the starter, would we say 5-1, or more like 20-1?

I think Foles has a reasonably good shot at being the starter this season. All the "Foles will be traded" and "Foles doesn't fit the system" junk is just that. Junk. If Foles gets traded/released it will be because he sucked in training camp or something not because he "didn't fit". Chip legitimately wants to see what the kid's got. That said, I think 20-1 may be going a bit far. I'd give 5-1, though. Particularly if the Eagles don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
I think Foles has a reasonably good shot at being the starter this season. All the "Foles will be traded" and "Foles doesn't fit the system" junk is just that. Junk. If Foles gets traded/released it will be because he sucked in training camp or something not because he "didn't fit". Chip legitimately wants to see what the kid's got. That said, I think 20-1 may be going a bit far. I'd give 5-1, though. Particularly if the Eagles don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Agreed, and I personally want it to be closer to 5-1 (or better). I want to see what Foles can do with our weapons and quality protection from a better o-line.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
But it was an offensive position, the side of the football he worked on until Reid inexplicably gave him the job of defensive coordinator. He was in over his head, but I don't blame him, I blame Andy. That said our defense got historically bad when Reid fired him so whos foolin who.
Amidst the entire post, this is what stands out to me the most.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Amidst the entire post, this is what stands out to me the most.

Not sure whether you agree or disagree, but I feel a need to articulate my point.

Andy gave him a job he wasn't qualified for, if I was offered a promotion worth more money I would take it, and I can't blame Castillo for it. Reid should have never given him the job. I blame the Juan Castillo expirement on Andy Reid.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Not sure whether you agree or disagree, but I feel a need to articulate my point.

Andy gave him a job he wasn't qualified for, if I was offered a promotion worth more money I would take it, and I can't blame Castillo for it. Reid should have never given him the job. I blame the Juan Castillo expirement on Andy Reid.
Oh yeah, I agree. 100% agree actually. And Juan actually started to do better for a few games before he was let go. I think we all agreed that Washburn should have been fired when Juan was, but that's another story all in itself and old news. In the end, those miscalculations over the last few years cost Big Red his job, so I'm cool with that.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles#1 wrote:
I want Clabo at RT!!

Poor fit

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all over Clabo for a while, but not so much now. Please trade up Atlanta.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AdamSchefter:
Quote:
NFL will release its preseason schedule this afternoon. Regular-season schedule comes later this month.

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let's wrap this season up. There's no reason to even compete in this coming season.

The Redskins have a completely healthy RG3 who is ready to perform TODAY. Yes, that's right, they've brought back Rex Grossman III. Queue Dashing.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryans: 3-4 vs. 4-3 is not as big a difference for MLB as some people may think.
Quote:
Ryans on going back to 3-4: "A lot of people try to make it as different. It's not as big of a difference as it might seem."
Quote:
Ryans' biggest critique of his performance last season is not creating more turnovers.
Quote:
Ryans played with Connor Barwin in Houston, calls Barwin a "great friend" and "great pass rusher."
Quote:
Ryans: "I think change is good. The change is here and I think we're headed in a very good direction."

Kempes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On paper, after the draft this Defense will look FAR stronger than it did last year. Of course, that's just on paper and we'll have to wait and see but I'm quite excited to see how they play in 2013.

(Assuming we take a D-lineman with #4 and Kenny Phillips stays fit along with the other acquisitions)

We can transform the Defense this year and then build on Offense next year in time for SB 2016. Cool
Eaglesz1192

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like what we've done this offseason so far. No flashy, high price signings but some good, big, blue-collar guys that can put in work. All the right positions were addressed as well. I can already sense a culture change with this team, and I like it a lot.

I don't know about prospects, but I'd like for the O-Line to be the focus of the draft. The defense has more or less been addressed in free agency, although another pass rusher would be nice. We might also need to take a look at a big, possession type receiver as well.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 45 of 100

Jump to: