Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Thread™ [Vol. IV]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles brought in Trevor Scott, vet DE/OLB, for a visit
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1288961&nid=6459254&fhn=1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChampionCHIP!

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat ankle tape Shocked

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I think he clarified via twitter and the eagles released a statement today too.
It's a non issue we won't lose anything.

Every team in the nfl had udfa deals worked out before the draft ended.

It is legal to do, you can't tamper with someone that doesn't belong to another team.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:

Very impressive combine numbers in 2008, but he got a knee injury in 2011 I think. This guy could be a good backup SAM.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9238587/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-sets-sights-2500-yards

Quote:
I've got my bar set for 2,500. If I could go up to that, the record is shattered

Quote:
It's definitely out there. I feel like it's definitely attainable," Peterson told the NFL Network. "... Enjoy this last year because the record's going down, with ease.

Setting your goals high I guess?

If anyone could do it in the NFL, it is him, but I just don't see an RB ever running for 2500 yards, even if he does touch the ball a ridiculous number of times.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he get 400 carries (25 a game) and averages 6.25 it's possible. (I did the math quickly in my head, so it might be off).

I doubt it happens, but if they force feed Peterson it might be possible.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
If he get 400 carries (25 a game) and averages 6.25 it's possible. (I did the math quickly in my head, so it might be off).

I doubt it happens, but if they force feed Peterson it might be possible.

That is right, and those are godly numbers. To do that he needs to get the ball 52 more times then last year, and he has to bring up his average some. Like I said, if anyone can do it, he can, but I agree that I doubt it happens.

If he runs like that, the Vikings will be right back in the playoff race and Ponder will improve a ton.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF has Mathis at the 6th best player of 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/03/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-top-10/

Quote:
6. Evan Mathis, LG, Philadelphia Eagles (18th)

It’s easy to ignore guards, but when you’re looking at an ‘all players created equal’ list, then you simply have to have Mathis this high. The Eagles may have struggled, but the continued brilliance of Mathis was unavoidable. He might not have the same impact blocks as others, but his continued ability to create movement at the point of attack makes Mathis the best guard in the league.

Best Performance: Week 12 versus Carolina, +6.8

Key Stat: Earned a positive grade for his run blocking in all bar one game.

I can't believe the HUGE stiffy they have for this guy. I'm not denying that he is great for us and everything... but seriously? The best offensive lineman in the league? The 2nd best player on offense behind only AP?

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
PFF has Mathis at the 6th best player of 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/03/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-top-10/

Quote:
6. Evan Mathis, LG, Philadelphia Eagles (18th)

It’s easy to ignore guards, but when you’re looking at an ‘all players created equal’ list, then you simply have to have Mathis this high. The Eagles may have struggled, but the continued brilliance of Mathis was unavoidable. He might not have the same impact blocks as others, but his continued ability to create movement at the point of attack makes Mathis the best guard in the league.

Best Performance: Week 12 versus Carolina, +6.8

Key Stat: Earned a positive grade for his run blocking in all bar one game.

I can't believe the HUGE stiffy they have for this guy. I'm not denying that he is great for us and everything... but seriously? The best offensive lineman in the league? The 2nd best player on offense behind only AP?

LOL. The best part about this article is that Peyton is ranked one spot behind Mathis... Laughing Please, Mathis is a good guard and he played at an All Pro level last year, but he is not a top 10 player in the NFL. They are insane. Also, Rodgers and Brady aren't even in the top 10 on that list... That list is total garbage.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back and reading the article, they do say that it is based off how people played in the 2012 season. It makes more sense, but it still isn't justifiable.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Going back and reading the article, they do say that it is based off how people played in the 2012 season. It makes more sense, but it still isn't justifiable.

Yeah it's for the 2012 season. Just like the the one NFL Network does now. But like you said, he doesn't belong in the top 10 regardless.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that in back to back years using what ever metrics they use to evalute lineman, people continue to downplay or scrutinize their findings as though "He just can't be". Of course when you think of the best players in the NFL QB and skilled position players get all of the hype and credit. Defensive players already have calculated stats to prove how good they were in Sacks, FF, TFL, INT, Stuffs etc, but when the same is applied to the least appreciated position in football OG/OC , it can't be! Especially given how poor the line looked last season as a whole. Evan Mathis for all intents and purposes has performed according to those metrics as one of the best in the NFL. Top 10...?..?.. who knows but very good none the less.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Very impressive combine numbers in 2008, but he got a knee injury in 2011 I think. This guy could be a good backup SAM.

We should do it. Cole, Graham and Hunt are all predators and four man line DEs. I don't like the idea of any of those guys in coverage 20-30% of the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I find it funny that in back to back years using what ever metrics they use to evalute lineman, people continue to downplay or scrutinize their findings as though "He just can't be". Of course when you think of the best players in the NFL QB and skilled position players get all of the hype and credit. Defensive players already have calculated stats to prove how good they were in Sacks, FF, TFL, INT, Stuffs etc, but when the same is applied to the least appreciated position in football OG/OC , it can't be! Especially given how poor the line looked last season as a whole. Evan Mathis for all intents and purposes has performed according to those metrics as one of the best in the NFL. Top 10...?..?.. who knows but very good none the less.

No one is down playing that he was very good for us. Our best lineman over the past 2 years by far. But the best offensive lineman, not guard, and second best offensive player in the entire league? Come on Nabbs. They even mentioned in their write up that he doesn't make as many impact plays as some of the other linemen. So how does he become the 6th best player overall for the 2012 season? If you are the 6th best player in the league, you better be an impact player and make impact plays consistently more than those ranked below you. Think about how Jason Peters played his last full season before his injury. That's an impact player, a lineman that can change a game. Evan is a great, all-pro caliber player but not a game changer worthy to be in the top 10 overall.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: