Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our situation at Safety
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
Any interest in Michael Huff?

I'm just looking at stats real quick, and admittedly not having seen much Raiders football this season, but I'm going to say no. He had nearly identical production to MD Jennings, is older and will cost a lot more. I did read that he switched to CB the past year which may have impacted his tackle total, but also probably added to his PDs. Add to that MD shared snaps with McMillian and Woodson. I'll pass.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I just don't know about McMillian. There's ceiling there, but I'm just not real confident for whatever reason.

McMillian could be very good at his game at the pro level. Thing is, his game is not very complete. That's a stiff athlete and I doubt he is ever very good in the deep half. I think he is damn near ideal for that 3rd safety gig Capers likes so much though. Just have him run around in the short field and try to make plays. I think he has real upside in this area though and see no real need to draft the like.

Richardson would take a few of the other SS types in this class out of it as well. Though "that guy" is going to see far more time on the teams unit than he ever will at safety with Capers running the show.

Powell is a teams guy as well. Played both ways at PSU. Better athlete than football player. Just lacks a real feel for the game. Good athlete though and a tough SOB.

Must say that Jennings played much better ball last year for the Packers than I felt he would going into the season. I don't see much upside there though and feel the Packers have far too much stock into him right now. Finding another guy that can cover some ground back there and play the deep ball would be a huge plus in my eyes.

Burnett is a very good all around football player. Think he is just doing what is asked right now. Get a stud next to him and his game should take off. Think he is the only one on this roster that could start at either spot also. That said, his set looks a hair more special on paper at the SS position in todays NFL.

In terms of the draft. I would take a long look at any of the FS's that could be an upgrade over Jennings but I would only take a long look at a few of them at SS(Elam & S.Thomas)with the young players in house now.

You've been saying that in bold for a while now, and I do agree that I love those players. What free safties do you really like? Any besides that Vacarro?

That's what kinda sucks. This is a much better SS class IMO. Vaccaro grades out much better than the next FS in this class. I do like the FS idea more than the SS idea though with the players in house. In that, Vaccaro, Reid, Rambo, P.Thomas, and Jefferson all could be a upgrade over Jennings long term. Might add a few CB's in there as well that could make the move.

I just go value hunting for that one though. I keep bringing up those two because I'm just about sure Vaccaro will be gone and those two are the best of what could be had that make sence in my eyes with those on roster. I might like Burnett at SS a bit more long term but a talent like Elam could make that go away quick.

Palmy, who are some of those cb's that can make the move to S?
justo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amerson, Commings, Hyde are guys that could make the move.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

Some people have no manners

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

#JDI
justo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

Just trying to help. Don't make me go up north...
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TT believes McMillian is the future, and he he has some nice upside, however, no one knows if he will become a starter or just be another guy. Jennings to me is just a backup, and Richardson has some upside as a UDFA. I still hope/expect TT to draft a safety this yr as it seems to be a deep class. There are a lot of guys I like such as, Cyprien, Reid, Rambo, Shawn and Duke Williams, etc... My money is on TT drafting another mid rd safety for depth/competition.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

No reason others can't answer a question, regardless of who it was geared towards. Remember, this is a forum and Webby wants discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I feel like Phillip Thomas is the only FS worth taking in this class.

Vaccaro, Cyprien, Elam, Reid all seem to be SS.

Cyprien and Elam, yes.

However, Reid and Vaccaro are both FSs, and I'd be happy with either one. Especially Vaccaro, though we'd have to trade up for him.

I'd also be happy with Baccari Rambo in the 3rd (and I'm not concerned about his "character" issues because all he did was get caught with a little weed, pretty benign if you ask me)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34

Gotta love the "Rambo!" chant at the beginning of this vid.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

No reason others can't answer a question, regardless of who it was geared towards. Remember, this is a forum and Webby wants discussion.

Guys, he wasn't being serious. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

Someone obviously doesn't speak Humor fluently.
Toga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised how many people feel Burnett is a better fit at SS. I think his game is better suited to play FS, but he definitely has the talent to play in either role. I just think he'd excel as a center-field type. Assuming he's not asking for the bank, I would love to see Kerry Rhodes come in for a tryout. He's another guy that can be pretty good at both spots
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation isn't a good one. Honestly feel S and RB could be some of the weaker units in the entire NFL.

Burnett is a solid player, honestly hope he goes back to SS. Burnett is a guy I feel like could really thrive next to a quality FS.

Need to see more of McMillian. He showed some flashes but overall pretty lackluster. I'm hoping he's more than just a guy, but I have a feeling he's going to hover around where he is now. I have no faith in any of the other starters.

I'm at the point where I'm not happy with the Burnett/McMillian combo but can live with it for now, but one injury to those guys and I feel like we have only poor options at backup.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start this with the good. We've got Morgan Burnett. He's a really good player and is only 24 years old. Morgan has a ton of football ahead of him and seems to get a bit better each season. I expect a little bit more out of Burnett this year. Not only production on the field, but as a leader as well. He's the 'guy' back there at safety. At 24 years old, he's the most seasoned guy we have back there.

The wildcard is McMillian. I feel like he can be a good player in this league, but I can also see him completely flopping. He's got speed and has ability to lay the wood. I would agree that I do not see him as the type of player capable of playing the deep middle. McMillian is a good athlete and I just don't know whether he is the answer or not.

MD Jennings is the perfect backup in my opinion. Doubling up with a special teams role. He played pretty well last year. He's just not a good fit with Burnett as Jennings is just not a physical player.

I fully expect the Packers to bring in someone at the safety position to compete. This is an extremely deep position with lots of good prospects. We'll get one. Franky, I really hope it's either Eric Reid or Matt Elam.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

He clearly asked palmy.

Sorry cwood, its just just don't like justo. Something about him. He should be more like palmy

But yes it was a joke, a poor one at that. My bad

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

#JDI
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Packers cut Charles Woodson I expect them to draft a safety fairly high - in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere. I see TT attempting to get more physical and better up the middle on defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: