Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JPP moving to LE; Tuck to RE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: JPP moving to LE; Tuck to RE Reply with quote

Check out this passage of the NFP Sunday Blitz (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-4049.html)

Dan Pompei wrote:
Things I Didnít Used To Know

*It is expected that free agent Osi Umenyiora will not return to the Giants, so the team is planning to compensate by using its remaining pass rushers differently. Instead of playing a rotation in which three men split the snaps pretty evenly as the Giants did last year, Iím told Jason Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck will get the majority of the snaps. And Giants coaches donít want the ends flipping sides as much. The early talk out of the Timex Performance Center is Pierre Paul may become a full-time left end, with Tuck concentrating on the right side.

Interesting idea. I do think JPP fits the role of a LE more than a RE, but I don't know how Tuck will do at RE. I can't recall him ever lining up there and making a splash play. One thing will be certain though, and that is our DEs are very good at stopping the run.

I think it's a move that will ultimately leading the Giants to drafting Tank Carradine in the 1st, who would be a perfect complement at RE to JPP for the future. There's very little chance he lasts until the 2nd round, but I think by the time draft day comes he will be securely in the top 25.

What do you guys think about the changes?
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: JPP moving to LE; Tuck to RE Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
Check out this passage of the NFP Sunday Blitz (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-4049.html)

Dan Pompei wrote:
Things I Didnít Used To Know

*It is expected that free agent Osi Umenyiora will not return to the Giants, so the team is planning to compensate by using its remaining pass rushers differently. Instead of playing a rotation in which three men split the snaps pretty evenly as the Giants did last year, Iím told Jason Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck will get the majority of the snaps. And Giants coaches donít want the ends flipping sides as much. The early talk out of the Timex Performance Center is Pierre Paul may become a full-time left end, with Tuck concentrating on the right side.

Interesting idea. I do think JPP fits the role of a LE more than a RE, but I don't know how Tuck will do at RE. I can't recall him ever lining up there and making a splash play. One thing will be certain though, and that is our DEs are very good at stopping the run.

I think it's a move that will ultimately leading the Giants to drafting Tank Carradine in the 1st, who would be a perfect complement at RE to JPP for the future. There's very little chance he lasts until the 2nd round, but I think by the time draft day comes he will be securely in the top 25.

What do you guys think about the changes?

Yes, yes, and yes to Tank. I've seen mocks where the guys going 3rd, 4th rounds, and I guess that's what sets the tone for people not sharing the love when I've been raving about him, because no one wants to "waste" a first on a reach... but the truth is, his injury progressed really well and he's on track for being just about fully healthy by the draft, and I don't even think his health for the regular season should be a concern. Honestly, just youtube search Carradine's tape and you'll also be able to compare him to Bjoern Werner on the other side (you can also see Xavier Rhodes as well). When I ask myself which player will be the bigger beast and more disruptive force out of the two, I'm taking Tank.
edit- Florida/Florida St. game being the only exception

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very interesting move. Could it be to help out Cullen at UT? Tuck is the better run defender.

^Stone85 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: