Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign LB Kevin Burnett
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
I just hope that I'm not cussing on draft day.

For me, I think the only way I'd end up cussing on draft day is if we took Floyd. Wouldn't be very happy with Milliner either for the reasons you mentioned though.

Strap in, because Floyd is the pick IMO. Kelly will be cut after the draft IMO along w/ McClain (no rush to cut them). Raiders will be light at DT and Floyd is presenting himself as the best option.

This of course happens only if they can't find a trade partner which I am sure is the #1 goal right now.

If Floyd ends up a Raider, you'll change your tune. He's going to be a sound player. I've went back and watched nearly all of Florida's games, he's got the goods. Quick feet, variety of inside moves and just doesn't quit on the play.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope we go after Rhodes.

I would love Vollmer or Smith however they are going to cost a little more and we have options at OT in the draft. Biggest blunder so far is not signing a top CB or pass rusher when the prices are so cheap.

At OT, Nate Garner is very underrated and he would be an upgrade for us at RT. It would be nice to sign Rhodes while prices are cheap. Winfield and Grimes, Porter are the only guys left I would want starting at CB and one of them is a nickel. We have plenty of money to get at least an OL, S, and CB.

Branch and Marks are the only two DL I could see us going after. No DE's that I would want starting in any situation. Wouldn't mind bringing T. Scott back for depth at DE(4-3)OLB(3-4).
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Strap in, because Floyd is the pick IMO. Kelly will be cut after the draft IMO along w/ McClain (no rush to cut them). Raiders will be light at DT and Floyd is presenting himself as the best option.

This of course happens only if they can't find a trade partner which I am sure is the #1 goal right now.

If Floyd ends up a Raider, you'll change your tune. He's going to be a sound player. I've went back and watched nearly all of Florida's games, he's got the goods. Quick feet, variety of inside moves and just doesn't quit on the play.

He gets stood up or tossed whenever he doesn't win right off the snap. And he can't put on more weight to avoid that because it'll take away his quickness which is the only thing he has going for him. He can't play DE that well even though scouts say he can and there's no way in hell he'd be a NT so I don't understand where these scouts get off speaking about his supposed versatility. I hope KC takes him and makes another Glen Dorsey kind of mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

He gets stood up or tossed whenever he doesn't win right off the snap. And he can't put on more weight to avoid that because it'll take away his quickness which is the only thing he has going for him. He can't play DE that well even though scouts say he can and there's no way in hell he'd be a NT so I don't understand where these scouts get off speaking about his supposed versatility. I hope KC takes him and makes another Glen Dorsey kind of mistake.

Post me some examples. I don't see what you're talking about. I see a guy who is stout and a great run defender. Commands doubles and was an anchor to one of the nations top defenses.

I'm a Gator hater and I still like his game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** His pass rush is limited, i agree he is a decent run defender. But you don't draft run defender types in the top 10 unless they look like Seymour,Raji or Ngata aka freaks.

6'3 295 on a maxed out frame seems daunting.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Post me some examples. I don't see what you're talking about. I see a guy who is stout and a great run defender. Commands doubles and was an anchor to one of the nations top defenses.

He does get doubled and sometimes splits them but I've seen him get stood up one on one too much to consider him top 5. I just look at the games that are on youtube that show his every snap. He has some good games but other he looks like just another guy who makes a play sometimes. The only Gators I'd like in this draft are Gillisee (5th or later) and Bostic (4th).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Burnett wrote:
I want to make sure that we all understand that Iím coming in here to assist my brother, first and foremost, and come in here and play the best I can, provide leadership, and ownership of your responsibilities. Other than that, I canít go out and win games solely by myself. Itís a team game, so this is going to be a true test of every man on the teamís ability to come together and play as one and be one heartbeat

Guy is going to be the leader of this D.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I've recently moved Floyd down on big board in favor of Richardson. Floyd has excellent fundamentals however I moved him down for two reasons:

1) measureables: Floyd doesn't have great length. Richardson has longer arms (34.5" v 32") Accomplishing 30 reps at 225 with arms over 34" is impressive. Floyd has yet to perform the bench press. Richardson's improved 4.81 40, combine broad jump and vertical suggest quick twitch explosion.

2) best performances: Iirc, Floyd had his best games against the likes of Mizzou while Richardson routinely beat arguably the best interior OL in college football in Alabama.

Both prospects are UTs, penetrators so understandably they do get washed out from time to time when doubled (which means the NT should have an extreme advantage over most OCs and be pushing him into the backfield). I definitely would not draft Floyd expecting him to be a NT. Imo, Star is a 34 DE, Floyd & Richardson are UTs, Jesse Williams, Brandon Williams are 34 NTs, Hankins is a 43 NT (maybe 34 NT as well).

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGNnSr6vyk

First play.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

First play.

Lmao that was perfect. He got bulldozed.

"Show me an example"
"First play"

haha this is way too funny to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Kevin Burnett wrote:
I want to make sure that we all understand that Iím coming in here to assist my brother, first and foremost, and come in here and play the best I can, provide leadership, and ownership of your responsibilities. Other than that, I canít go out and win games solely by myself. Itís a team game, so this is going to be a true test of every man on the teamís ability to come together and play as one and be one heartbeat

Guy is going to be the leader of this D.

yea i got pumped when i read the transcript, no non sense type of dude...we need guys like that on our team, no more BS's, everyone is accountable!
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
HvacRaider wrote:
3-4 DEF ???

More like Burris heading to the bench

I'd bet on Maiava not being a starter but seeing extensive action on nickel packages.

Agreed. Burris would come out in passing situations like 3rd and long.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

First play.

Lmao that was perfect. He got bulldozed.

"Show me an example"
"First play"

haha this is way too funny to me.

So 1 play? What DT hasn't gotten off balanced and pancaked in his career.

It's cool, I can understand some of you not feeling the love. For me, I see a similar skill set to what I saw with Atkins at UGA. Now if only he was a 4th round prospect instead of top 5 Laughing Laughing

I just don't think you can go wrong w/ Floyd. I'd take Fisher or Jordan over him, but he wouldn't disappoint me if picked.

Trade down and add Richardson, I'd be all over that option.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

That's more like it. I like him better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That's more like it. I like him better.

Jeez is there anyone you don't like? Very Happy

A lot of options which means draft day is going to be very interesting.
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: