Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign LB Kevin Burnett
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
This is a nice move. It means we have some LB depth and we don't have to rely on Burris/Maiava completely

Maiava may be a passing downs super sub. Its what he excels at.

Great signing. I havent looked at the entire thread for info on what we signed him for. But its probably a Reggie special. Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
So its looking like Dee Milner or a Dlineman at 3.

Wouldn't mind Milliner I think he's the real deal, but we've seen how valuable a stud CB is when you can't stop the run and have no pass rush...

If we take a cornerback number three overall I will personally drive to Reggie McKenzies house and spit in his face.

Sheldon Richardson would be a really nice selection at number three. I think he has Darnell Dockett type potential and would be an excellent fit next to Sims inside.

The team likes Bilukidi inside so he may be the guy next to Sims that we already have on the roster. Plus they coached Brandon Williams (6-2, 325, Missouri Southern) in the Senoir Bowl and he can be had in the 3rd. So I'm thinking either OT, DE or trade down.

And I have seen Reggie up close. Shocked

You go spit, you get hit. Laughing

But if we had in front of us the option of Milliner or a trade down, I would take the trade down. He isn't significantly better than anyone we could pick up in the 2nd round. Maybe even the top of the 3rd. I just didn't see dominant play out of Milliner this year or last year that set him apart.

Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people think this means the bench for Burris, he's shown more than maiava. He's a great nickel LB though. I think the starting 3 LB will be some combo of roach Burris and Burnett it never hurts to have depth.

Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sucks that there isn't a good pass rusher at the top of the draft. We desperately need to find a franchise pass rushing RE.

I've seen Shariff Floyd mocked to us at number three quite a bit since the combine. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Floyd, Richardson, Fisher, Smith, or Jordan at number three depending on who else we sign and who's on the board.

Does anyone know when we'll bring prospects in for private work outs?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Burnett's interview on Raiders.com

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/QA-with-LB-Kevin-Burnett/4c1269e2-5c80-44bd-a378-06a8d48c1323

Interesting that Burnett said that he was flying out to Oakland the night he got released. Reggie must have been on the phone as soon as the release hit the transaction wire. Way to be Johnny on the spot Reggie. Cool

He sounds like a no nonsense, don't ask me no dumb a$$ questions type dude. LOL!!!

3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
It just sucks that there isn't a good pass rusher at the top of the draft. We desperately need to find a franchise pass rushing RE.

I've seen Shariff Floyd mocked to us at number three quite a bit since the combine. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Floyd, Richardson, Fisher, Smith, or Jordan at number three depending on who else we sign and who's on the board.

Does anyone know when we'll bring prospects in for private work outs?

I think Floyd is more hype than the #3 pick. If joeckel is off the boards the only other player that sniffs bluechip its milliner. Fisher is a good option too. I just don't want a project.
mhuff24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any thoughts on why McClain is still on the roster? Would anyone not be shocked if we kept him around? I just don't understand why the guy hasn't been cut already.... Is their any chance we go 3-4? I might be missing something but I'm just confused why this guy is still around haha

EDIT- I just realized their is a thread discussing the 3-4 vs 4-3 defenses. I will post question there. Sorry. Carry on.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
So its looking like Dee Milner or a Dlineman at 3.

Wouldn't mind Milliner I think he's the real deal, but we've seen how valuable a stud CB is when you can't stop the run and have no pass rush...

If we take a cornerback number three overall I will personally drive to Reggie McKenzies house and spit in his face.

Sheldon Richardson would be a really nice selection at number three. I think he has Darnell Dockett type potential and would be an excellent fit next to Sims inside.

You know, i used to believe that also (that certain players couldnt be drafted high. I no longer believe that (barring K and P).

If you see a player you think can be a player who can be a long term starter, and a great one at that. You take him. I think Dee Milner is the truth, i think he can be a playmaking CB, I also believe that there are 4-5 DLine prospects that are also going to be legit.

I do perceive our pass rush as a big weakness and would prefer a dlineman.

I'm really high on Milliner as well. I find exponentially more physical in the running game than most CBs in addition to his elite athleticism. However, Milliner is not without limitations. This is a warning! Milliner is scheme specific as a lockdown man corner. His experience in zone is extremely limited and his back back-peddle needs work. In addition, Milliner does not have elite ball skills but he does have high awareness, he intuitively recognizes when the ball is in play.

If you were looking for a Asomugha clone and looking for a man corner than Milliner would be your man hands down. Allen runs a mixed coverage and I believe there are better options. I just hope that I'm not cussing on draft day.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I just hope that I'm not cussing on draft day.

For me, I think the only way I'd end up cussing on draft day is if we took Floyd. Wouldn't be very happy with Milliner either for the reasons you mentioned though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

For me, I think the only way I'd end up cussing on draft day is if we took Floyd. Wouldn't be very happy with Milliner either for the reasons you mentioned though.

Milliner is the only reason I'd be cussing and I'd be cussing into the following week. That would be the most absolute worst pick at 3. I would rather have Teo. Seriously.

I honestly have no clue. I still think it's gonna be Geno though. I honestly feel if we could get Vollmer and maybe a G that w/ the draft, we could field a competitive team. I like the moves we're making right now. It might be a long shot but I still think this offense has some firepower.

PM sig requests.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Milliner is the only reason I'd be cussing and I'd be cussing into the following week. That would be the most absolute worst pick at 3. I would rather have Teo. Seriously.

I honestly have no clue. I still think it's gonna be Geno though. I honestly feel if we could get Vollmer and maybe a G that w/ the draft, we could field a competitive team. I like the moves we're making right now. It might be a long shot but I still think this offense has some firepower.

I think with Vollmer we'd have a borderline elite OL and a nasty run game...if then we could trade back and go defense heavy in the draft we would be in great shape...I think Vollmer is the type of guy you spend money on and don't look back...he's borderline Pro Bowl at RT and just entering his prime...lock him and Veldheer up and don't worry about your Tackles for the next 5 years!
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
Not sure why people think this means the bench for Burris, he's shown more than maiava. He's a great nickel LB though. I think the starting 3 LB will be some combo of roach Burris and Burnett it never hurts to have depth.

I don't think it matters. They will be in a rotation and each will get reps each game. It's more a matter of who they announce as starter than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Strap in, because Floyd is the pick IMO. Kelly will be cut after the draft IMO along w/ McClain (no rush to cut them). Raiders will be light at DT and Floyd is presenting himself as the best option.

This of course happens only if they can't find a trade partner which I am sure is the #1 goal right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Strap in, because Floyd is the pick IMO. Kelly will be cut after the draft IMO along w/ McClain (no rush to cut them). Raiders will be light at DT and Floyd is presenting himself as the best option.

This of course happens only if they can't find a trade partner which I am sure is the #1 goal right now.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Admittedly, I have never taken the time to break down Geno. I have too many other prospects that I am working on. However, with SO many experts down on Geno and Reid passing, I will be upset with Geno. I haven't heard/seen very many Top 5 endorsements and that's not what you want at that position.

The number one reason why QBs fail is lack of supporting cast. The Raiders need to fix the OL before going after the QBotF. You don't take a QB that needs work and throw him in this situation. Publicity is a factor. If they Raiders want to change the culture and their image of being inept then drafting an "Everyone told you told he sucked" prospect and throwing him in a bad situation would be a step in the wrong direction.

Let Buffalo, who desperately needs a QB, make this bad choice. Choosing a prospect out of desperation is what bad organizations do. Unfortunately, many of us desperately think that the Raiders absolutely unequivocally MUST choose an edge rusher or QB at #3 in a draft that is weak on QBs and edge rushers. That's why we have been losing and I think McKenzie goes in another direction.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: