Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If the Bills take Barkley at #8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so on the fence with all of these QB's this year, each have their upsides and obvious downsides, and to me, not a single one stands out as the best QB (yes, even Geno). I wouldn't like to be the Bills trying to pick which one to take, and even harder, when to take them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
So he has the highest upside? Who cares. There is no guarantee he even cares, he didn't care in college, why would he care when a team pays him millions of dollars?

Give me Geno 10 times out of 10. I'm sick and tired of taking the "safe pick with upside" I want the star, I want the #1 guy. I WANT our franchise QB.

Truth is Bray is far from being the "safe pick with upside". There's upside to be sure, but no way no how is he a safe pick!

This may be surprising, but I really am not concerned about him doing stupid things once he turns pro. To a lesser extent, I also don't fear his passion for the game decreasing. What concerns me is his lack of leadership ability coupled with the whispers, from his own coaches nonetheless, that he wasn't a hard worker. Personally, I've never met a lazy person who suddenly became a hard worker. Further, I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that he has never even been voted a captain of any of his HS or college teams. That tells me the guys didn't respect him or like him and he was already playing a position that inherently had a leadership component! Reminds me of Ryan Leaf. No thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
So he has the highest upside? Who cares. There is no guarantee he even cares, he didn't care in college, why would he care when a team pays him millions of dollars?

Give me Geno 10 times out of 10. I'm sick and tired of taking the "safe pick with upside" I want the star, I want the #1 guy. I WANT our franchise QB.

Truth is Bray is far from being the "safe pick with upside". There's upside to be sure, but no way no how is he a safe pick!

This may be surprising, but I really am not concerned about him doing stupid things once he turns pro. To a lesser extent, I also don't fear his passion for the game decreasing. What concerns me is his lack of leadership ability coupled with the whispers, from his own coaches nonetheless, that he wasn't a hard worker. Personally, I've never met a lazy person who suddenly became a hard worker. Further, I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that he has never even been voted a captain of any of his HS or college teams. That tells me the guys didn't respect him or like him and he was already playing a position that inherently had a leadership component! Reminds me of Ryan Leaf. No thanks.

That's who I'v been comparing him too since before last season started.

I just don't think he'll succeed. He proves me wrong, great. But as far as I can tell he's just another guy with that damn "potential" that most likely will never live up too it.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

You can even argue that Matt Scott has the highest upside.
You could argue any QB has the highest upside because upside for a QB is between their ears. I mean it would be quite the compliment to say a guy has the upside to be a Tom Brady. But no one would have conceded that Tom Brady himself as a prospect had that kind of upside.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
jsnydes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I've never met a lazy person who suddenly became a hard worker.

That's another concern. Even more so after watching his combine interview. He was kinda slouched over, terrible posture, and mumbling through the questions. Just screamed lazy to me.

TommyC376^^^
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I've never met a lazy person who suddenly became a hard worker.

That's another concern. Even more so after watching his combine interview. He was kinda slouched over, terrible posture, and mumbling through the questions. Just screamed lazy to me.

I didn't see that interview, but from a HR point of view, when an interviewee does those things, it's considered a sign of insecurity/lack of confidence. Again, not what you want from someone who is supposed to lead. It's actually really too bad...ideally, lots of teams would love to snag a guy with his cannon arm.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

The thing is, wanting Geno to be THAT guy, does not mean he is..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

I think Geno could be that guy...I just don't believe he'll be available to us!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

I think Barkley can be that guy too. The more I actually take a look at what Barkley has done the more I like the idea of him at 8. In fact as of right now I am officially on the Barkley @ 8 bandwagon.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

I think Barkley can be that guy too. The more I actually take a look at what Barkley has done the more I like the idea of him at 8. In fact as of right now I am officially on the Barkley @ 8 bandwagon.

I wouldn't say I am on the bandwagon yet, but the idea of taking him has grown on me a lot. I would love to grab Patterson first then get Barkley, that would be amazing.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

I wouldn't say I am on the bandwagon yet, but the idea of taking him has grown on me a lot. I would love to grab Patterson first then get Barkley, that would be amazing.

I still like Da'Rick Rogers and Justin Hunter more than Patterson. I'd be perfectly happy to grab Barkley then whichever of those WR is available in the 2nd. Or Robert Woods, or Terrance Willams.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We all want THAT guy..

I still like Da'Rick Rogers and Justin Hunter more than Patterson. I'd be perfectly happy to grab Barkley then whichever of those WR is available in the 2nd. Or Robert Woods, or Terrance Willams.

If that is the case, why take Barkley at 8 if we dont have to..

As far as I can tell, after us QB is not a real need until the top of the 2nd round..

No reason why we cannot trade from 8 to 18-22 range and pick up some more picks (maybe a 2nd rounder in 2014)

Also, if we take a WR in round 2 it HAS to be Woods.. Has so much more consistent of a history on the field and has the tools for the NFL..

Would be like a 2nd Stevie J..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not keen on Barkley especially at 8. I guess after Geno Smith and EJ Manuel I'd rather deal for Ryan Mallett (2nd) or Nick Foles (3rd). Ryan Nassib I'd be OK with as well
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Barkley came out last year, we would be talking about him and RGIII and who is the #2 QB In the draft. Truth is Barkely is going to be a good player, his Oline sucked at USC and he wast constantly being blindsided by the opposing team, he has all the ingredients to make a good QB, he just need to put it all together

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Barkley but not at 8.
For some reason though, he reminds me a little too much of Blaine Gabbert.
I don't really know why, but he does. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: