Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If the Bills take Barkley at #8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I was super high on Barkley after his junior year. Then this previous year. Not so much. Reminds me of Locker.
I would be ok with that. Locker is a solid QB.

I wouldnt be mad if we took Barkley @ 8, but I wouldnt be ecstatic, at least we are trying to get a franchise QB here.

Barkley does show the ability to throw he ball down the field, check out the :15 second mark of this video, he releases the ball at his 19 yard line, and the WR catches it at the opponents 25 yard line. Great touch on the throw too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2wwkeKtH8

Locker has not been good. Ask anyone lol.

LOL. Thats why signing Fitz was good for them.

As for what you said about Barkley TommyC376 I would say that is where I fall about Barkley as well. Wouldn't jump for joy (like I would Geno) but I wouldn't be upset. His arm strength doesn't concern me. In college he moved the ball down field in a pro style offence and if it wasn't for his o-line last year he would be the clear cut number 1 this draft.

Hasn't Marrone raved about him before too?

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I was super high on Barkley after his junior year. Then this previous year. Not so much. Reminds me of Locker.
I would be ok with that. Locker is a solid QB.

I wouldnt be mad if we took Barkley @ 8, but I wouldnt be ecstatic, at least we are trying to get a franchise QB here.

Barkley does show the ability to throw he ball down the field, check out the :15 second mark of this video, he releases the ball at his 19 yard line, and the WR catches it at the opponents 25 yard line. Great touch on the throw too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2wwkeKtH8

Locker has not been good. Ask anyone lol.

LOL. Thats why signing Fitz was good for them.

As for what you said about Barkley TommyC376 I would say that is where I fall about Barkley as well. Wouldn't jump for joy (like I would Geno) but I wouldn't be upset. His arm strength doesn't concern me. In college he moved the ball down field in a pro style offence and if it wasn't for his o-line last year he would be the clear cut number 1 this draft.

Hasn't Marrone raved about him before too?

Tk3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely prefer to take Patterson at 8, then trade back up to get Barkley if he is our guy..

Barkley with Spiller, Stevie, and Patterson actually is a pretty solid (although young and largely inexperienced) group of players..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
I would definitely prefer to take Patterson at 8, then trade back up to get Barkley if he is our guy..

Barkley with Spiller, Stevie, and Patterson actually is a pretty solid (although young and largely inexperienced) group of players..

I actually prefer Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rogers, and probably Robert Woods to Patterson, and all of those guys might be available at 41.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
GN87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Woods plays like STEVE J. So he knows how to throw to that type of receiver plus he can throw deep. I've seen all of MATT's games been a starter since day 1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

I actually prefer Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rogers, and probably Robert Woods to Patterson, and all of those guys might be available at 41.

I just don't see us going WR at 8 for many reasons. No doubt we get value at 41 to fill that need
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma. Listen to Buddy Nix after last draft. Mentioned the truly elite Left Tackles are found in the Top 8 Selections. A safe pick, shifts Glenn inside where he could be completely dominant. Or Johnson plays Right Tackle.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock
Quote:

“If I was going to make a mistake I was going to do it with a big, athletic kid with arm talent. The more I talk to coaches and general managers I get more support in that thinking. There are so many question marks about this quarterback class because if you want to like Matt Barkley or Landry Jones or the Wilson kid from Arkansas to like them. Then the question becomes can they just be game managers or game winners? I think when you’re talking about Geno Smith at West Virginia and E.J. Manuel you’re talking about two potential kids that can win football games.”

Mayock and Kiper both agree Bray has the greatest upside of all the QBs. Including Geno.

TommyC376^^^
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Mayock
Quote:

“If I was going to make a mistake I was going to do it with a big, athletic kid with arm talent. The more I talk to coaches and general managers I get more support in that thinking. There are so many question marks about this quarterback class because if you want to like Matt Barkley or Landry Jones or the Wilson kid from Arkansas to like them. Then the question becomes can they just be game managers or game winners? I think when you’re talking about Geno Smith at West Virginia and E.J. Manuel you’re talking about two potential kids that can win football games.”

Mayock and Kiper both agree Bray has the greatest upside of all the QBs. Including Geno.

Agreed..

ANY of these QBs have significant chance of being a "mistake" so why not go for the one who also has the highest upside..

I am team Bray..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Mayock
Quote:

Agreed..

ANY of these QBs have significant chance of being a "mistake" so why not go for the one who also has the highest upside..

I am team Bray..

Because he also has the highest risk of ending up in jail or taking his payday and losing whatever passion he has for the game.

Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Mayock
Quote:

Agreed..

I am team Bray..

Because he also has the highest risk of ending up in jail or taking his payday and losing whatever passion he has for the game.

Jail comment is unwarranted..

I agree he has the "So Cal" type of attitude that could hurt, but I think labeling him as a prison-risk is blowing things so far out of proportion..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he has the highest upside? Who cares. There is no guarantee he even cares, he didn't care in college, why would he care when a team pays him millions of dollars?

Give me Geno 10 times out of 10. I'm sick and tired of taking the "safe pick with upside" I want the star, I want the #1 guy. I WANT our franchise QB.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Mayock
Quote:

Agreed..

I am team Bray..

Jail comment is unwarranted..

I agree he has the "So Cal" type of attitude that could hurt, but I think labeling him as a prison-risk is blowing things so far out of proportion..

*Looks at own Location* Never realized that was such a bad thing...

Laughing

I agree about the prison comment though...
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma. Listen to Buddy Nix after last draft. Mentioned the truly elite Left Tackles are found in the Top 8 Selections. A safe pick, shifts Glenn inside where he could be completely dominant. Or Johnson plays Right Tackle.
Nix has said more than that though. He has said he wants his first pick to be a 'difference maker.' I really thought that 'top 8' talk was his way of saying that we were not going to take an OT in the 1st last year.

On top of that, we have a lot of needs and Glenn played well before his injury. I doubt that is the way we go at #8 unless we see a lot of our targets to in the top 7.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
So he has the highest upside? Who cares. There is no guarantee he even cares, he didn't care in college, why would he care when a team pays him millions of dollars?

Give me Geno 10 times out of 10. I'm sick and tired of taking the "safe pick with upside" I want the star, I want the #1 guy. I WANT our franchise QB.

You can even argue that Matt Scott has the highest upside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: