Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If the Bills take Barkley at #8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: If the Bills take Barkley at #8 Reply with quote

How would you feel? Angry, disappointed, happy?

I have a feeling they might feel he's the guy.
And I don't necessarily not like him, I just worry about his arm strength in Buffalo's weather. It just seems like this would not be the ideal place for him, and I just feel it wouldn't work out.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be upset. We are talking about another Southern California pretty boy. He threw over 50% of his passes within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. You want the next Trent Edwards/Mark Sanchez? I doubt he will be a top 3 QB taken like everyone thinks.

I'm sitting here thinking about it. I think there is ZERO chance coach Marrone takes this guy. Coach Marrone has that tough guy attitude. I don't think he'd take him in the 4th round.

TommyC376^^^
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would jump off a building and I'm not even a Bills fan. He is the same as all of those USC QBs, a product of the players around him. DO NOT TOUCH, especially at #8 good God
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my friends at the my draft party would probably want to record my reaction Laughing

This

Then this.

With a little bit of this.

And then some heavy drinking.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
All my friends at the my draft party would probably want to record my reaction Laughing

This

Then this.

With a little bit of this.

And then some heavy drinking.

x2

I'v got some special scotch put aside just for an occasion like drafting Matt Barkley. Laughing
joutman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Matt Barkley Reply with quote

I want Corderelle Patterson but if they really feel they need a QB I would take Barkley over Geno Smith. His arm while not the strongest is strong enough to Play in Buffalo's weather. His pro day could really be the clincher that gets him drafted in top 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bold prediction.

1. Geno Smith
2. Ryan Nassib
3. Tyler Wilson
4. EJ Manuel

All drafted before Barkley ^^^^

TommyC376^^^
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
My bold prediction.

1. Geno Smith
2. Ryan Nassib
3. Tyler Wilson
4. EJ Manuel

Nah, I think Barkley is the second to go, although I still wouldn't feel he's worth our pick at #8. Now Nassib at 8 would make me furious. After some of his coaching selections, I'm already nervous that Marrone cares more about helping out his buddies than getting the best possible talent, so Nassib is a possibility.

But I consider him the 6th best QB in the draft, and a third-fourth round talent. If we took him at #8 I'd be livid. Not only because it's a wasted pick, but because it means Marrone is probably too loyal to his own QB, and might not even seize the chance to get Teddy Bridgewater next year if Nassib plays us into contention for him, preferring to give Nassib more time to develop.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
My bold prediction.

1. Geno Smith
2. Ryan Nassib
3. Tyler Wilson
4. EJ Manuel

Nah, I think Barkley is the second to go, although I still wouldn't feel he's worth our pick at #8. Now Nassib at 8 would make me furious. After some of his coaching selections, I'm already nervous that Marrone cares more about helping out his buddies than getting the best possible talent, so Nassib is a possibility.

But I consider him the 6th best QB in the draft, and a third-fourth round talent. If we took him at #8 I'd be livid. Not only because it's a wasted pick, but because it means Marrone is probably too loyal to his own QB, and might not even seize the chance to get Teddy Bridgewater next year if Nassib plays us into contention for him, preferring to give Nassib more time to develop.

Same here after Geno I think Barkley goes. I wouldn't be too upset, I mean, it is not like when we took Whitner at #8. I mean it is, but it is a QB as opposed to safety reach.

Interesting note, I think the notable QB reach will be QB Zac Dysert. Bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd. EJ Manuel I don't think being picked int he first will be a reach, seeing how Mayock has had him as his #2 QB since after the combine.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
My bold prediction.

1. Geno Smith
2. Ryan Nassib
3. Tyler Wilson
4. EJ Manuel

Same here after Geno I think Barkley goes. I wouldn't be too upset, I mean, it is not like when we took Whitner at #8. I mean it is, but it is a QB as opposed to safety reach.

Interesting note, I think the notable QB reach will be QB Zac Dysert. Bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd. EJ Manuel I don't think being picked int he first will be a reach, seeing how Mayock has had him as his #2 QB since after the combine.

pretty much the way i feel. I don't mind Barkley and at least we would be trying to upgrade the QB position.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be disappointed because I wouldn't draft Barkley at #8 myself, but I can understand how a GM struggling to keep his job after failing to acquire or develop a legit franchise QB for a few years would pull the trigger on that selection.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
My bold prediction.

1. Geno Smith
2. Ryan Nassib
3. Tyler Wilson
4. EJ Manuel

pretty much the way i feel. I don't mind Barkley and at least we would be trying to upgrade the QB position.

Same here. If Geno is gone I'd be fine with Barkley. I have Barkley as the clear #2 QB, so I wouldn't hate the pick.

As far as Nassib goes, I heard that our scouts didn't like him at all, and compared him to Fitzpatrick. Hopefully Marrone listens to them enough to stay away from him until at least the 3rd.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley is not good value at 8 overall..

However, I think the dislike for Barkley is unwarranted.. The fact that he is from USC makes him a bad QB?

While they had busts with Leinart and Sanchez, they also had Carson Palmer who was hugely successful before a major career injury, and now back with the Raiders was among the most underrated QBs in the NFL..

The fact is, the guy can throw, and is a confident leader on the offense..

I would be happy with him (just not at #Cool

Barkley, Glennon, Bray.. All are better options in the 2nd (or 3rd) than Geno is in the 1st..

I see no reason to believe Geno is the better QB, and it will come at a much lesser price..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Barkley is not good value at 8 overall..

However, I think the dislike for Barkley is unwarranted.. The fact that he is from USC makes him a bad QB?

While they had busts with Leinart and Sanchez, they also had Carson Palmer who was hugely successful before a major career injury, and now back with the Raiders was among the most underrated QBs in the NFL..

The fact is, the guy can throw, and is a confident leader on the offense..

I would be happy with him (just not at #Cool

Barkley, Glennon, Bray.. All are better options in the 2nd (or 3rd) than Geno is in the 1st..

I see no reason to believe Geno is the better QB, and it will come at a much lesser price..

I agree 100% with the bolded. The same thing was said about Cal QB's, that they were a product of Tedford's system, and not NFL caliber. Then this guy named Rodgers came along...

Not comparing Barkley to Rodgers AT ALL, just saying that where a guy plays college ball means nothing when it comes to talent.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing Barkley to Sanchez is just awful. I'd need a drink or 2 after Barkley at 8 and take it from there.

Updated QB Big boars

Geno Smith
EJ Manuel
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib
Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: