Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Harrison can't find a job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
It's not exactly humble pie. The guy was cut because he didn't want to take a paycut, it isn't like he refused to play for us. We should HOPE he ends up coming back to Pittsburgh on the cheap. It would be huge for our defense.


That is the definition of humble pie. Even with the paycut the Steelers were offering him the best deal on the market and he didn't want to take it because he thought he deserved more. Even though his older, injured and has underachieved the last 2 years. So he went out there and now he'll probably end up getting pennies on the dollar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6966
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me wonder if the Steelers are interested in Dumerville at all. I bet they are just saying that so theRavens try and sign him and Harrison signs with us cheap if he wants to play.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanRayne


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 74
Location: Atlanta, Ga
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Stephan...Smokescreen...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
It makes me wonder if the Steelers are interested in Dumerville at all. I bet they are just saying that so theRavens try and sign him and Harrison signs with us cheap if he wants to play.


Makes sense. Looks like it might be working too. Only problem: Now we have to face Dumervil 2x a year. But B'more is already in cap trouble so that could hamper them further.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
It makes me wonder if the Steelers are interested in Dumerville at all. I bet they are just saying that so theRavens try and sign him and Harrison signs with us cheap if he wants to play.


I dont know.

I think talks died down between Harrison and the Ravens before the Steelers showed interest in Doom...and the talks probably died because he wanted too much.

Harrison isnt going to resign here for cheap, so people need to quit dreaming. He will wait until the dust settles, because once teams look at their rosters, Im betting a few will see a need at OLB, and will be able to pay him more than we will.

If we do get him back, it will be because we paid more than we wanted to get him back.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
It makes me wonder if the Steelers are interested in Dumerville at all. I bet they are just saying that so theRavens try and sign him and Harrison signs with us cheap if he wants to play.


I dont know.

I think talks died down between Harrison and the Ravens before the Steelers showed interest in Doom...and the talks probably died because he wanted too much.

Harrison isnt going to resign here for cheap, so people need to quit dreaming. He will wait until the dust settles, because once teams look at their rosters, Im betting a few will see a need at OLB, and will be able to pay him more than we will.

If we do get him back, it will be because we paid more than we wanted to get him back.


We're not going to get him cheap (maybe reasonable), but he's more likely to get a good deal from us than anyone else. If he really got offered 70% of his contract salary and he turned it down, he made a BIG mistake. He may get an offer, but I don't see the market warming up for him unless there are injuries in the preseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6966
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
It makes me wonder if the Steelers are interested in Dumerville at all. I bet they are just saying that so theRavens try and sign him and Harrison signs with us cheap if he wants to play.


I dont know.

I think talks died down between Harrison and the Ravens before the Steelers showed interest in Doom...and the talks probably died because he wanted too much.

Harrison isnt going to resign here for cheap, so people need to quit dreaming. He will wait until the dust settles, because once teams look at their rosters, Im betting a few will see a need at OLB, and will be able to pay him more than we will.

If we do get him back, it will be because we paid more than we wanted to get him back.


I see your point. My thoughts are pretty much that deep down it's still a business. If you can drive the price up on someone to a rival that you know can't afford yourself, why not. It's a business strategy. Smoke screens!
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13011
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely see the logic in your opinion 43 and I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I disagree with you. You may very well end up being right in the end however. I personally look at it like this, sure Harrison starting really getting back to his normal self later in the season, but in the beginning edges of the season he really wasn't producing like his old self. This was a significant injury for him and it hindered the pass rusher he provides. He isn't getting any younger and you could argue that it's easy to see he is in decline. Are people really going to pay big bucks for that?

If I were a GM (and I"m not, I know) the question I would ask myself is, "If we sign this guy, is he going to be productive like he was a season and a half ago or is he going to continue to decline and how much is that worth?"

I think it's very possible, albeit unlikely, that he ends up back in Pittsburgh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group