Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Harrison can't find a job
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

Doesn't look like the Browns or Ravens are going to sign him. We take him back, right? Will he come back? At what price?

Last edited by JLambert58 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Doesn't look like the Browns or Raven are going to sign him. We take him back, right? At what price?

Tell him to become Goodell's body guard!!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Doesn't look like the Browns or Raven are going to sign him. We take him back, right? At what price?

Take him back?

We can resign him, but I don't know what it would cost. He may be bitter.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Subway hiring? I don't think he would come back.
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he didn't want to take out initial 30% cut offer I don't know if they can work anything out. But who knows maybe this showed him that the grass isn't greener on the other side.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Take him back?

Call it what you want JD. Do we resign him? He's a proud man, but I'm pretty sure he wants to play so he may suck it up and work out a deal to come back.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
If he didn't want to take out initial 30% cut offer I don't know if they can work anything out. But who knows maybe this showed him that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

As I said at the time Popie, bad business decision for Deebo. He let his pride get in the way and apparently forgot that he's a 35 yo linebacker in the NFL. Laughing
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Take him back?

Which is why if I'm Tomlin, Colbert, Khan, or Rooney, I'm not walking down any dark alleys any time soon and I'm upgrading my ADT to their Platinum Package! Laughing Laughing

Back on topic...I can't see him coming back at a reasonable price. Surprised AZ hasn't come a callin' yet!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: If Harrison can't find a job Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Take him back?

Which is why if I'm Tomlin, Colbert, Khan, or Rooney, I'm not walking down any dark alleys any time soon and I'm upgrading my ADT to their Platinum Package! Laughing Laughing

Back on topic...I can't see him coming back at a reasonable price. Surprised AZ hasn't come a callin' yet!

I guess Arians is too worried about the QB situation in AZ. If not AZ how about Whisenhunt recommending him for SD. He loves Steeler castoffs.
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
popie70 wrote:

As I said at the time Popie, bad business decision for Deebo. He let his pride get in the way and apparently forgot that he's a 35 yo linebacker in the NFL. Laughing

Yeah it's not that surprising. He has done what he wants for a lot of his career. So he lost out on some money, he has no one to blame but himself.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were to come back to Pittsburgh, it would be at 'our' price.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give Harrison a lesser contract than he walked away from and it'd be incentive laiden. I will never understand vets that won't take a pay cut so his team can improve and they might have a chance at one last ring, and the contract getting offered to them by their current team is better than anything they will get on the open market. Confused

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
definitely!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:

30%? Listen, I like Harrison, I'm sorry to see things didn't work out contract wise, but if he can't find a job...if it were me in the FO (and it's not) I wouldn't bring him back for any more than 50% of what he was making before. Imo, 70% is too much for a 35 year old LB who didn't want to take a paycut, considered signing with the Ravens, and now is 'desperate for a job'. If that's how things were to work out. I like Harrison..at a very reduced contract.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
popie70 wrote:

30%? Listen, I like Harrison, I'm sorry to see things didn't work out contract wise, but if he can't find a job...if it were me in the FO (and it's not) I wouldn't bring him back for any more than 50% of what he was making before. Imo, 70% is too much for a 35 year old LB who didn't want to take a paycut, considered signing with the Ravens, and now is 'desperate for a job'. If that's how things were to work out. I like Harrison..at a very reduced contract.
so.... 3 million?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: