Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Bradshaw?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Lol I'm expecting the Steelers to sign him, just because it saves me the disappointment.

Funny, both teams linked the Bradshaw are NOT known to be spenders in FA, both teams draft and develop. Kevin Colbert and TT both top 5 GMs

Laughing LMAO, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but like I said, the Steelers are tight on cap space, even after all those cuts/restructures (I believe they're somewhere around $12 mil or so under the cap, and that's not even taking into account the money needed to sign all their draft picks), so it's not impossible, per se, unless he's willing to sign a cheap, discount-type deal, like less than $1 mil in base salary with a hefty signing bonus or something like that, which won't affect them this year, but it would cripple them a couple years down the road.

But in the end, I think you're probably right. Sad

I bet he signs with a team other then the Steelers and the Packers. Laughing

Credit: TheDeeeeej
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:

I bet he signs with a team other then the Steelers and the Packers. Laughing

Agreed, he'll probably go to some team that doesn't even need a RB like New England or something. I'd give us a 8% chance of landing him... But I'd be extremely excited if TT decided to sign him. Something like 2 years 6 million would be nice...
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
We wouldn't need him to be the bell cow back in this offense. This will always be an pass 1st offense. So i believe he could stay healthy, plus playing all home games on grass will help with his ankle and foot problems. That way we could trade back and draft Lacy for our power bell cow back and use Harris the same way the Lions used Jahvid best and now Bush.

Just imagine we jump on teams early and then go into smash mouth mode With Lacy, Bradshaw and Starks. We keep our D fresh and keep the other offense off the field. We would match up nicely with the 9ers and Hawks They both can air it out and pound the rock.

If we sign Bradshaw, I highly doubt we draft Lacy even if he is available at 26. So many more spots we need to fill.

Over the years TT has shown he will draft whoever is the BPA, and pay little attention to need. Even if Bradshaw was on the roster, I'm sure TT would be more than willing to draft Lacy at 26 if he's the top player left on their board, especially since there may be questions about Bradshaw's health.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT isn't going to draft a RB in round one. He clearly does not put a high value on that position. It would be a shocker if he selected Lacy. We're more likely to see Ced Ben or Grant back again.
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you guys think Bradshaw is worth/looking for/gonna get? IMO $2mil/ seems likely, but I'm guessing.
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
TT isn't going to draft a RB in round one. He clearly does not put a high value on that position. It would be a shocker if he selected Lacy. We're more likely to see Ced Ben or Grant back again.

I actually think that we might see TT change his approach a bit. The Packers offense got exposed in 2012, as teams continually overloaded deep and dared the Packers to run. I'm pretty sure McCarthy is going to make sure that TT gets a real RB threat this offseason, whether through FA, or more likely, the draft. I'm not saying that the Packers will draft Lacy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back to get Bernard.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
How much do you guys think Bradshaw is worth/looking for/gonna get? IMO $2mil/ seems likely, but I'm guessing.

Yea I'd guess somewhere between 2-3 mil a year...
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, the injuries are a major red flag. It's like signing a QB with multiple surgeries on his throwing arm. Yeah, maybe he won't get sacked/hit in that shoulder, but it's more likely that he will, numerous times. Will that injured part of him hold up? I'm not sure I'm willing to find out for $3mil.

R-E-L-A-X
packerfanman4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradshaw is the guy I have wanted in Green Bay since free agency started at the RB position. I've hoped we would target a back via FA since it opened, and Bradshaw should have been our number one target since day one. Jackson is the bigger name, but Bradshaw would be MUCH preferred for me in Green Bay.

Jackson is going to be 30 in July and has carried the ball in St. Louis almost 2,400 times. That's a hell of a lot of mileage for a bruising back, so you have to wonder how much more he can take. Over his career in STL, Jackson barely averaged over 4 yards a pop and hasn't scored 6+ TDs since 2008. He just isn't the All-Pro back that he once was; no need to really want him for over a million or two in GB.

Bradshaw on the other hand is going to be 27 tomorrow (nice birthday present contract from the Packers?). He isn't exactly a spring chicken, but he's only carried the ball 900 times in his NFL career and only played significant snaps for two years at Marshall. He should have quite a bit left in the tank. In NYG he averaged over 4.6 YPC and has scored 6+ touchdowns each year since '09.

I know FA isn't TT's biggest source of talent infusion, but with the RB market being so favorable to buyers at this point, I really hope Thompson goes after Bradshaw. Unless the money is bigger than I expect, I will be disappointed if he goes elsewhere.

Thrillhouse wrote:
Scarlett's my top babe. She's like, Aaron Rodgers' tier. If mortals were worthy of Aaron's affections, that is.
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers don't really sign Free Agents either, right?

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:
Steelers don't really sign Free Agents either, right?

Much like T n co they're build through the draft-ers.

If it's bidding war between us two, I like out odds.
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently, the Steelers have dropped out of the Ahmad Bradshaw sweepstakes, if a mere non-ESPN/sporting newssource Tweet is to be believed...

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/313740411724234752

Looks like we might be in good hands for landing him after all. Very Happy I got this off the FootballGuys website BTW.

EDIT: apparently, we're also one of 3 teams interested in FS Michael Huff, with the Cowboys and Titans being the other 2... I wouldn't put too much faith in signing him over those other 2 teams. And personally, if TT were to sign a FA FS, I'd rather they go after Kerry Rhodes, he's by far the best Safety in FA, and fits what we want to do (get a FS so we can finally move Burnett back over to SS).
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Well, apparently, the Steelers have dropped out of the Ahmad Bradshaw sweepstakes, if a mere non-ESPN/sporting newssource Tweet is to be believed...

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/313740411724234752

Looks like we might be in good hands for landing him after all. Very Happy I got this off the FootballGuys website BTW.

EDIT: apparently, we're also one of 3 teams interested in FS Michael Huff, with the Cowboys and Titans being the other 2... I wouldn't put too much faith in signing him over those other 2 teams. And personally, if TT were to sign a FA FS, I'd rather they go after Kerry Rhodes, he's by far the best Safety in FA, and fits what we want to do (get a FS so we can finally move Burnett back over to SS).

Lets get bradshaw in here, if there is noone else involved, obviously he has to take TTs money.

In regards to the safties, its interesting to hear the TT is interested. There are so many one the market TT can wait it out, just like he is doing with RB. This just tells me that TT does not want to draft a RB in the early rounds, and wants to add a safety to let McMillian/Jennings develop a little more, before expending a high draft choice on it. I expect a lot of trench guys to be added in the draft, and a WR.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news of this guy coming in for a visit? I've been checking all over the web to see if hes coming in to discuss a possible deal. Atleast we got jackson to the table. Not getting my hopes up until i know they're talking numbers.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Any news of this guy coming in for a visit? I've been checking all over the web to see if hes coming in to discuss a possible deal. Atleast we got jackson to the table. Not getting my hopes up until i know they're talking numbers.
As far as its been reported, Bradshaw hasn't scheduled any visits at this time.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: