Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Bradshaw?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...that's why I said we should pass because of his medical situation.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind him on the cheap cheap. Pair him with a rookie like ball or something and you have an instant improvement and an insurance if Bradshaw gets hurt. All for a total price significantly less than Jackson.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahmad Bradshaw
DuJuan Harris
Zac Stacy

Would be a nice little trio. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one have wanted to get him here since he was released. He's a good back and gets little to no credit. Yes he has injury concerns, but never catastrophic injuries. Plus we have other backs and could add one through the draft to add depth.

Steelers have 0 cap space and are strapped right now. I am guessing they are wanting him on the cheap as well, could be interesting, but no need getting hopes up.
PackersGuy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
Ahmad bradshaw is a perfect fit for Green bay

But no running back with a bad wheel is a good fit anywhere. That's the problem.

Agreed
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradshaw a few years ago sure but there is a reason he is being released and its his health. I say we chase Bell or Ball in the draft

Last edited by bigKev2011 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wouldn't need him to be the bell cow back in this offense. This will always be an pass 1st offense. So i believe he could stay healthy, plus playing all home games on grass will help with his ankle and foot problems. That way we could trade back and draft Lacy for our power bell cow back and use Harris the same way the Lions used Jahvid best and now Bush.

Just imagine we jump on teams early and then go into smash mouth mode With Lacy, Bradshaw and Starks. We keep our D fresh and keep the other offense off the field. We would match up nicely with the 9ers and Hawks They both can air it out and pound the rock.

Last edited by Jsitton71# on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Blink wrote:
I wish he had a clean bill of health because I think a RB with that attitude could really do wonders for our offense. Dude goes full tilt all the time, might be a bit hot headed but he wants to win.

That being said I would pass because of his feet. If we can't pony up that measly cash for Jackson, I don't see the point in dropping a few mill on an injury risk.

Sigh...the Jackson signing would've solved a lot of problems in one move, can't believe ATL could outbid us with that offensive roster.

If he did he wouldn't be a FA.

Do we really want to sign another RB with injury issues? Confused

The big difference is that Bradshaw plays through his injuries, whereas the guys currently on the Packers' roster don't. I don't know if that's purely because of the Packers' medical team's approach, or if its a lack of individual toughness. For all we know, the Giants might just list every little nick to prevent being fined by the NFL for withholding injury information. Bradshaw was listed on the injury report 13 out of 16 weeks, but only missed 2 games.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigKev2011 wrote:
Bradshaw a few years ago sure but there is a reason he is being released and its his health. I say we chase Bell or Ball in the draft

Who is to say we can't do both?
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
We wouldn't need him to be the bell cow back in this offense. This will always be an pass 1st offense. So i believe he could stay healthy, plus playing all home games on grass will help with his ankle and foot problems. That way we could trade back and draft Lacy for our power bell cow back and use Harris the same way the Lions used Jahvid best and now Bush.

Just imagine we jump on teams early and then go into smash mouth mode With Lacy, Bradshaw and Starks. We keep our D fresh and keep the other offense off the field. We would match up nicely with the 9ers and Hawks They both can air it out and pound the rock.

If we sign Bradshaw, I highly doubt we draft Lacy even if he is available at 26. So many more spots we need to fill.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:

If we sign Bradshaw, I highly doubt we draft Lacy even if he is available at 26. So many more spots we need to fill.
Well he did say trade back and draft Lacy but I agree, it just seems like a poor use of resources, sure wouldn't keep four backs either so many other places that roster spot could be used. Also seems that Jsitton is suggesting Alex Green is cut, which I don't see happening at this point.

I also don't get the Javhid Best-Dujuan Harris comparision. What makes Dujuan the preferred passing down, screen back? Because he's small? I'd much rather have Bradshaw or Green out there then Harris.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
bigKev2011 wrote:

Who is to say we can't do both?

We could but I feel the FA running back value went away with Jackson going to Atlanta after all the reports had our hopes up. Plus I think we should all remember the last injury prone back we got really excited about becoming a downhill ride after his injuries. So Bradshaw scares me is all.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:

Well he did say trade back and draft Lacy but I agree, it just seems like a poor use of resources, sure wouldn't keep four backs either so many other places that roster spot could be used. Also seems that Jsitton is suggesting Alex Green is cut, which I don't see happening at this point.

I also don't get the Javhid Best-Dujuan Harris comparision. What makes Dujuan the preferred passing down, screen back? Because he's small? I'd much rather have Bradshaw or Green out there then Harris.

We have so many needs, DL, S, TE, WR, I just feel like we have bigger priorities then RB. If we dont draft Bradshaw, I would be all for it. But if we sign him I would be more then content with Bradshaw and Harris, and maybe even a pick used later on a RB.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:

I don't think we even need to be a team that can "pound it out." Honestly just making defenses think twice about defending the run.

Adding Lacy as well would surely make an even bigger improvement, but it would also mean we'd have to give up on another guy, we currently have, prematurely.

If we only keep 3 guys on the roster, and Saine coming back, we've already gotta get rid of someone(Saine, Starks, Green, or Harris). Then Bradshaw, one more goes.
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Lol I'm expecting the Steelers to sign him, just because it saves me the disappointment.

Funny, both teams linked the Bradshaw are NOT known to be spenders in FA, both teams draft and develop. Kevin Colbert and TT both top 5 GMs

Laughing LMAO, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but like I said, the Steelers are tight on cap space, even after all those cuts/restructures (I believe they're somewhere around $12 mil or so under the cap, and that's not even taking into account the money needed to sign all their draft picks), so it's not impossible, per se, unless he's willing to sign a cheap, discount-type deal, like less than $1 mil in base salary with a hefty signing bonus or something like that, which won't affect them this year, but it would cripple them a couple years down the road.

But in the end, I think you're probably right. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: