Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is DE now our top need?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say, Right Defensive End is our biggest need and the only guys that I think we can get without trading up or doing something drastic that are worth our pick are...

-Damontre Moore (Sure he has poor combine numbers but like Mike Mayock says, the tape doesn't lie and he stands out against good competition.)

-Bjoern Werner (Someone compared him to Robert Ayers. You must have never seen him play.)

-Margus Hunt (Classic Boom or Bust. Has potential through the roof as a pass rusher and run defender.)
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Last edited by Russell2Bailey on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Ansah, Mingo, Datone Jones and Carradine are 1st rounders in my opinion. Then Lemonier, Moore and Werner should get consideration from the teams at the bottom of the 1st to mid-2nd.

Outside of them, this class is pretty average. You have guys that had college careers like riding a roller coaster.

If the Dumervil fiasco doesnt work on our side, I can easily seeing us go DE 1st round.
Help me with all the love for Carradine around here. He is a nice player, but he hasn't shown anything that is explosive that I can find on tape.

I agree that I think he gets overhyped on this forum but the talent is there. I mentioned him a couple months back, following his injury, that it should likely bump him to the late-1st or early-2nd. He didnt start playing till Brandon Jenkins got hurt, so you have to do some digging. My favorite games of his was against Florida and Clemson. He has some really solid pursuit tackles and sacks, against 2 pretty good offenses.

Tanks a natural athlete. Excellent bend and flexibility, good closing speed, solid tackler and really strong with the use of his hands. His biggest weakness is his strength, which also is the easiest thing for him to get better at in the NFL. Everything points to him having a great work ethic, which seems like a big plus for this front office. I think hes better suited at LDE not RDE (Dumervil's old position) though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzp23 wrote:
i think you are over rating the value of pick 28 it is hardly a premium pick

First and second round picks are "premium" picks because they're picks where you draft players who expect to start and play a key role for your team. There aren't 10 premium picks in a draft, there's closer to 70.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Tanks a natural athlete. Excellent bend and flexibility, good closing speed, solid tackler and really strong with the use of his hands. His biggest weakness is his strength, which also is the easiest thing for him to get better at in the NFL. Everything points to him having a great work ethic, which seems like a big plus for this front office. I think hes better suited at LDE not RDE (Dumervil's old position) though.

Agree on the LDE spot. Or in the phrasing of some coaches, the "closed-side DE" spot.

Watch Tank in this video. He has good tackling and size. He doesn't have great speed or strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6c0QnvVV5k
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For other later-round players to draft for DE:
- Cornelius Washington (6'4 265lb) might be available in 4-5th rounds.
- Quanterus Smith (6'5" 250lb) was a very good pass rusher until an ACL injury ended his senior season. His injury and lack of OLB experience may mean he'll be available in 6-7th rounds.
- Mike Catapano (6'4" 265lb) will probably be undrafted but this Princeton player had the nation's 2nd best sack total.
RazorStar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy you guys are neglecting to mention is Alex Okafor. He has great technique, the production shows on the college level, and he was probably the best DE at the senior bowl practices.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our "top need" is strictly in the minds of the fans. Our FO will view it differently.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Our "top need" is strictly in the minds of the fans. Our FO will view it differently.

This is true, but on this board we've been fairly spot on about positions and players we will target in early rounds.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

This is true, but on this board we've been fairly spot on about positions and players we will target in early rounds.

True. Thus far, I have never witnessed us draft one player in the first round whom the majority of the forum thought we'd draft.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

True. Thus far, I have never witnessed us draft one player in the first round whom the majority of the forum thought we'd draft, just not that high.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Cruzp23 wrote:
i think you are over rating the value of pick 28 it is hardly a premium pick

First and second round picks are "premium" picks because they're picks where you draft players who expect to start and play a key role for your team. There aren't 10 premium picks in a draft, there's closer to 70.

the top 10 are the premium picks the chances of missing on a player after tje top 10 increase thus the value of the picks decrease as the draft goes on so what your saying is we used a "premium" pick last year on a player that we have no intention of starting for atleast another 2-4 years

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if we might throw everything but the kitchen sink to get Ziggy Ansah. History shows us it takes two first round picks, a second rounder, and two fourths, to get from late twenties to the back end of the top 10. This might be our year to throw the house at one player.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I wonder if we might throw everything but the kitchen sink to get Ziggy Ansah. History shows us it takes two first round picks, a second rounder, and two fourths, to get from late twenties to the back end of the top 10. This might be our year to throw the house at one player.

The way Elway has suprised me in two consecutive years of offseason now, it would not shock me. We have similar talent like the Falcons when they went after Julio Jones. In that case, I would go after Ansah or Sharrif Floyd.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

I would go insane with rage and see red for an extended period of time if this happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

I would go insane with rage and see red for an extended period of time if this happens.

Agreed. That would be awful if we mortgaged a future pick for Ansah.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: