Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis4President Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you rate this draft?
5 Stars
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
4 Stars
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
3 Stars
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
2 Stars
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 Star
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
Revis4president


Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Revis4President Mock Draft Reply with quote

New York Jets 2013 Mock FA and Draft

Free Agency
Jets Signed
David Garrard
Mike Goodson
Willie Colon
Antonio Garay
RS-Hilliard

Signings to come
Antwan Barnes
Kevin Boothe
Dawan Landry
- Im not going to predict any free agency signings, Il just say we sign these guys because we have shown interest in them.

Jets Cut Tim Tebow

NY Jets trade Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay for 2013 1st round pick 2013 4th round pick and 2014 4th round pick.
- The jets clearly want two firsts but there is no possible way they get them. The Jets want the 13th pick, therefore they lower the demands alittle. From what I’ve heard, I think the jets best offer is a 2013 2nd round and 2014 1st round. I think they really value this draft though, therefore they take the lower deal to get the 13th pick in the draft.

2013 NFL DRAFT


1st Round Pick 9- The New York Jets Select “Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
- Everyone is pinning the jets to take Mingo here. Kiper and Mcshay, are both guilty. I know Mingo is a freak pass rusher but I think Jones if healthy has a higher ceiling. If the jets received a very good medical report, id take any bet that they would take Jones. Jones is the type of guy that could strive in every aspect of the game with the jets, stopping the run, getting after the passer. He may not be great in coverage, but neither is Mingo. Its Mingo vs Jones right here, I just think Jones is more versatile against the run.

1st Round Pick 13- The New York Jets Select “Kenny Vaccaro Safety Texas”
- This is the kind of trade off we want for Darrelle Revis. Our Secondary is missing that ultimate play maker. Vaccaro may have ran a somewhat slow 40 yard dash at the combine but you cannot undermine his ability to play man coverage in the slot. Vaccaro in my mind would be a no brainer for Rex right here especially if Revis is gone. Vaccaro can step up and cover slot recievers and as well be able to fight through blocks to take away the outside run. Instead of running Dime and Nickel Packages, Vaccaro may allow the jets to actually take more chances and blitz more on early downs. I just see Vaccaro as an extremely smart pick. I honestly see more teams valuing this guy extremely high. I think the jets want Tampa Bay’s pick so bad because they want Vaccaro.

2nd Round Pick 39- The New York Jets Select “Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
- Wilson has a big arm and has the ability to be pro quarterback in this league. I feel that the jets like Wilson and Nassib. I think they like Nassib a tad more than Wilson but I do not see Nassib falling this far, therefore the jets draft Wilson. Ive been a big Wilson fan since Day 1. He was surrounded by a Terrible offensive line and last year his weapons dwindled drastically. Im pretty sure the Arkansas recievers led the SEC in drops. Wilson has the bravado but carries himself in a way a prototypical big time quarterback does. If you watch his interview process, he honestly sounds the most confident out of all the quarterbacks. He values work and knows what it takes to be a Quarterback in this league.

3rd Round Pick 72- The New York Jets Select “Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State”
- Another reason why I think the jets got rid of Keller rather than his injury woes and the money, was because he is undersized. Escobar will probably be a steal at this pick. Hes got the size at 6-6 255. Hes the kind of big target tight end the jets need to have in this WC offense. Its definetly a pick the jets need to make at some point and somewhere in the draft. Escobar has high upside and provides a better competition at tight end as well.

4th Round Pick 103- The New York Jets Select “Christine Michael RB Texas A&M”
- We all from Day 1 realize that the jets have been interested in this guy. Michael one of the ideal running backs in this draft. Hes a complete back and has backed it up at the combine and during his play. He also is very good catching the ball out of the backfield. The only problem with him is that people see him as a “me” kind of guy. Not to mention he overslept at the combine. I see Michael falling to the fourth round where the jets see him as a no brainer type of pick. I love Knile Davis to but I see him going in the 3rd round. The jets have a Mcknight/Powell/ Goodson combination which would probably be just fine in my mind but adding a running back later than the 3rd round would be smart to up the competition.

4th Round Pick 109- The New York Jets Select “Montori Hughes NT Tennessee-Martin”
- I feel like this is a no brainer as well. Rex and the FO, both understand that DT is a position of need. In my eyes this Rex will go after a guy with high upside like Hughes. Hughes is kind of similar to Ellis in a way. In my eyes I think Hughes is way better than Ellis was when he came out. If you all don’t know the story, Hughes went to Tennessee where he was suppose to have very high hopes. Hughes failed classes and failed drug tests and was axed from Tennessee. He rebuilt his image by dominating at Tennessee Martin. At Mobile, Scouts say the guy was an absolute motor and has the power to be a big time player at the next level. Hes the type of guy that may be a sleeper in this draft. I would also like to point out that Garay will probably play some 3-4 End as well, therefore a rotation of Hughes, Ellis, and Garay would be most likely. Garay will probably be used like Devito.

5th Round Pick 134- The New York Jets Select “Brian Winters G Kent State
- Where I see the jets getting the best value late in the draft would be G, WR, and CB. I know people are looking for the prototypical Mathieu, Lattimores. I just don’t see the jets taking the chance on those guys. Id look for small school high potential guys. I really like Winters. I watched a few Kent State games this year and they really can run the ball. Winters is extremely fast laterally and athletically could be great depth behind the already would be veterans we sign. If hes not there, i would mind Herman or Gilkey.


6th Round Pick- The New York Jets Select “Ace Sanders WR South Carolina”
- Hes definetly one of the most elusive players in the draft and is probably the best punt return man in college football. If you don’t believe me, go watch some highlights. Hes also been very productive catching the ball this past year as well. If you want a wide receiver that can run after the catch. Ace Sanders can do that. Hes undersized and only put up 7 reps of 225 and ran a 4.58. But hes very elusive and has very quick acceleration and could be a huge asset eventually in this offense. But Special teams needs to improve and i think Ace would help that.

7th Round Pick- The New York Jets select “Micah Hyde CB Iowa”
- Hes the type of guy that can play man coverage and step up and be sure tackler. His ball skills are not great but he has the ability to play safety as well. Good depth signing for the jets.


---- In this draft i tried to mix realistic, with what direction i feel is best for this team. Each pick if you read into it and do research has upside. Some people may not agree with me on some of the picks but I hope you rate draft on the fact that you have read the whole page and have taken into consideration each aspect towards each pick. I myself would have rathered different picks at some points in the draft but some players i just didnt feel would be available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footballboss24


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 989
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on board wuth the first two picks. i dont think the jets are going to draft a qb this year.

larry woford, zach ertz, deandre hopkins

i hope to get one of those 3 in the 2nd round
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8452
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an extremely good draft. Only nit-pick I have is Wilson, but I'm on board with most of it.

I'd also like a WR earlier. We need a play-maker. Maybe sub out Wilson for Hopkins and it's a real good draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8452
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.


Then if it's going to happen why wouldn't you draft a better DB prospect? You're trading the best DB in the game and not working to fill the void. I know these are done for fun, just giving my opinion.

Drafting for a good front will be worthless if there is someone open. Go watch tape of the Jets defense. We get pressure because Revis and Cro have their man on lockdown. If you keep Revis, then draft pass rushers. If you trade Revis you better draft a DB in the first round.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Revis4president


Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.


Then if it's going to happen why wouldn't you draft a better DB prospect? You're trading the best DB in the game and not working to fill the void. I know these are done for fun, just giving my opinion.


I do not for one second want to trade Revis... hence my name "Revis4president" The truth is that i believe it will happen. With that being said, our defense was fine with Wilson and Cromartie last year. Why waste a draft pick on a cornerback early? when you draft Vaccaro who can step up and play man in the slot, theres absolutely no reason too. For all we know, Vaccaro could be the guy the jets can use to lock down an amendola for a whole game. Hes that good in the slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.


Then if it's going to happen why wouldn't you draft a better DB prospect? You're trading the best DB in the game and not working to fill the void. I know these are done for fun, just giving my opinion.


I do not for one second want to trade Revis... hence my name "Revis4president" The truth is that i believe it will happen. With that being said, our defense was fine with Wilson and Cromartie last year. Why waste a draft pick on a cornerback early? when you draft Vaccaro who can step up and play man in the slot, theres absolutely no reason too. For all we know, Vaccaro could be the guy the jets can use to lock down an amendola for a whole game. Hes that good in the slot.


True to that. I believe that this is a very good draft. I do not see us signing Kolb despite what others are saying. For that I fully expect us to draft a quarterback in the 2/3 round. I think we are really high on nassib but who knows. I like the whole draft though especially hughes and the other improvements on defense. I understand people want offense but theres kind of no point to go offense if you sign boothe. Theres no reason to waste a pick on a guard early when you have fill ins at that spot for the year. If the jets would have signed gibson, you can forget about a wide reciever in the draft. I still think the jets may target a reciever in FA. Not to sure who. But the best thing to do in this draft is to take the best prospects. I feel like this draft is loaded with defense. So theres no point to me to reach on a possible average-good nfl reciever when you may be getting a perennial pro bowl pass rusher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Revis4president


Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Revis4president wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.


Then if it's going to happen why wouldn't you draft a better DB prospect? You're trading the best DB in the game and not working to fill the void. I know these are done for fun, just giving my opinion.


I do not for one second want to trade Revis... hence my name "Revis4president" The truth is that i believe it will happen. With that being said, our defense was fine with Wilson and Cromartie last year. Why waste a draft pick on a cornerback early? when you draft Vaccaro who can step up and play man in the slot, theres absolutely no reason too. For all we know, Vaccaro could be the guy the jets can use to lock down an amendola for a whole game. Hes that good in the slot.


True to that. I believe that this is a very good draft. I do not see us signing Kolb despite what others are saying. For that I fully expect us to draft a quarterback in the 2/3 round. I think we are really high on nassib but who knows. I like the whole draft though especially hughes and the other improvements on defense. I understand people want offense but theres kind of no point to go offense if you sign boothe. Theres no reason to waste a pick on a guard early when you have fill ins at that spot for the year. If the jets would have signed gibson, you can forget about a wide reciever in the draft. I still think the jets may target a reciever in FA. Not to sure who. But the best thing to do in this draft is to take the best prospects. I feel like this draft is loaded with defense. So theres no point to me to reach on a possible average-good nfl reciever when you may be getting a perennial pro bowl pass rusher.


I agree and thats why i thought why pass on Vaccaro at a spot like 13 to draft a Keenan Allen or Warmack. I believe Warmack is a big time player but like others have said, guard is a position you can find deep in the draft. I just think a bigger impact on this team next year would be Vaccaro and Jones. We all want offense but those guys would make a bigger impact.

As far as wilson goes, I do not want to take a quarterback at all if its me (maybe in the 5-7). But I know the front office wants to take a young guy around 2-4. Whether its glennon, bray, wilson, nassib. They definetly take someone there, whether we all like it or not.

I tried to base my draft off kind of what i want but what i think the jets will do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8452
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Solid draft but I just don't agree with trading Revis. People just don't seem to get it.


Not that anyone wants to trade Revis (well maybe some do) but a lot of people think it's just going to happen.

I'm against the Revis trade also, but if were to go down this would be about the outcome I'd desire.


Then if it's going to happen why wouldn't you draft a better DB prospect? You're trading the best DB in the game and not working to fill the void. I know these are done for fun, just giving my opinion.

Drafting for a good front will be worthless if there is someone open. Go watch tape of the Jets defense. We get pressure because Revis and Cro have their man on lockdown. If you keep Revis, then draft pass rushers. If you trade Revis you better draft a DB in the first round.


Because the point of trading Revis is to liquidate a strength in order to improve other areas. The Jets would be comfortable with shipping Revis because they believe in Cromartie, and to a much lesser extent Wilson. I honestly think it would be downright silly to trade Revis and then attempt to replace him in the 1st round. whoever is chosen there more than likely won't even come close to the talent of Revis, so you essentially traded Revis for a lesser CB and another couple picks, diminishing the value of the trade. If you acquire a good (doesn't even have to be great) player at another position than the trade is closer to being "worth it" so it creates a more well-rounded team.

Again, trading a player at a position of strength is done in order to help OTHER positions. There's not really any sense of trading him otherwise.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that, but what makes our defense great is your top 2 WR's are taken away with Revis and Cro. Any more these days teams have more than 1 offensive weapon. Wilson was great his first few seasons but regressed ever so slightly last season. Possibly because he was facing tougher recievers, hopefully he returns to what he was this coming season.

That's why I say you draft a top DB if you get rid of Revis. Lets face it, Cro is getting a bit older who knows how long he can go before he suffers an injury. Now you just have Wilson and a bunch of no names.

Bad. Just bad. Bad planning, bad execution, and setting up for failure.

I'm a DB guy by trade and study film every single day. Some days I log 12+ hours of just film study. Almost everything funnels down to how your DB's perform which is one reason I hyperventilate when Revis trade talks happen. You can't be caught with a secondary full of scrubs. I was sad to see Landry go, too.

You would have to nail the draft and have straight Von Miller's hitting the field in order to make a difference with our defense without Revis. Just something to think about.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1525
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
I understand that, but what makes our defense great is your top 2 WR's are taken away with Revis and Cro. Any more these days teams have more than 1 offensive weapon. Wilson was great his first few seasons but regressed ever so slightly last season. Possibly because he was facing tougher recievers, hopefully he returns to what he was this coming season.

That's why I say you draft a top DB if you get rid of Revis. Lets face it, Cro is getting a bit older who knows how long he can go before he suffers an injury. Now you just have Wilson and a bunch of no names.

Bad. Just bad. Bad planning, bad execution, and setting up for failure.

I'm a DB guy by trade and study film every single day. Some days I log 12+ hours of just film study. Almost everything funnels down to how your DB's perform which is one reason I hyperventilate when Revis trade talks happen. You can't be caught with a secondary full of scrubs. I was sad to see Landry go, too.

You would have to nail the draft and have straight Von Miller's hitting the field in order to make a difference with our defense without Revis. Just something to think about.


You study film 12 hours a day for what reason? Are you working for an NFL team in some capacity?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Almost everything funnels down to how your DB's perform


I don't study film, but I disagree. Consistantly, offensively and defensively, everything funnels down to how your offensvie line or your defenvise front performs. You can have Revis, Deion Sanders, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu all in their prime. If the defensive line is 4 scrubs, it won't mean anything.

Conversely, if you have Warren Sapp, Haloti Ngata, Reggie White and Michael Strahan all in their prime, you can have 4 scrubs in the secondary and still have a very good defense.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Almost everything funnels down to how your DB's perform


I don't study film, but I disagree. Consistantly, offensively and defensively, everything funnels down to how your offensvie line or your defenvise front performs. You can have Revis, Deion Sanders, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu all in their prime. If the defensive line is 4 scrubs, it won't mean anything.

Conversely, if you have Warren Sapp, Haloti Ngata, Reggie White and Michael Strahan all in their prime, you can have 4 scrubs in the secondary and still have a very good defense.


The Jets defense is a great example. When Revis and Cro are playing well you can see the QB's eyes go through progression, then get sacked. Laughing Even in our '10 Super Bowl run against the Colts, we opened very strong on defense and got a few sacks purely because Revis had his man shutout. You could see Peyton drop back, see his man was shutdown and do his classic panic stomps before being taken down.

In that game, our offense had no creativity; running the ball primarily on first and second down leaving a QB at the time who had about 17 starts in the NFL under his belt to take on a strong Colts defense on obvious passing downs.

In classic Peyton Manning style he saw how our defense and Revis were playing and changed the offensive play calling. Boom, Pierre Garcon emerges as the dark horse that made the plays to move the ball down the field. Other than Revis and our safeties at the time (Leonard and Rhodes) we didn't have too fancy of a DB core. If we had someone like Cromartie at the time maybe that makes a little difference, but I still think our offense ultimately lost us that game with the lack luster offensive play calling. We had some great offensive weapons at the time so it's a shame. Jay Feely also missed two field goals which was a punch to the gut every time.

But anyway, I got off track there, my point being is "coverage sacks" are way easier to come by than straight up sacks. In the NFL 3 Mississippi's and the ball should be out. Whether that is a sack or the pocket collapsing, that's the time he has. Build a decent secondary that can cover a guy for 3 seconds and let your defensive front do the rest (in theory).

I'm not saying you can have any Tom, -, and Harry play defense in the trenches. It used to be your defensive front forced early passes and helped the secondary but in the new passing NFL the secondary helps out the guys in the trenches more so now than ever. Why do you think teams are starting to look for a guy who can scramble in the pocket more and more? It's not because David Harris is coming for you, it's because the secondary these days has everyone on lockdown and you need your receivers to improvise and go off-route to create separation while the QB runs around and creates the time for them to do so.

It's more of a defensive philosophy. Solid man-to-man secondary, and a decent d-line and LB core that can hold their own and stop the 3-4 RB's in the league that can actually do some damage. You can disagree and that's fine, that is what makes football so great and teams so diverse. The only thing is what I'm trying to explain is what ultimately wins games in today's NFL. The game has changed from the days of d-lines being the game changers.

To add to that, you have to realize that RB's are almost being phased out, as FB's already have. WR's and TE's are dominate now. Which means back in the day you had 1 Jerry Rice and then focused on the run game (which yes, then you needed a great d-line), now teams are trying to find 3 Jerry Rice's and 2 TE's that play like Jerry Rice. You need guys in your secondary who can play man-to-man tightly enough to take those throws away, then your defensive line comes in to play. Sure, I'll give you that elite d-line you mentioned and I'll three step pass to Roddy White, Julio Jones or Gronk all day while my Revis/Sanders/etc secondary high steps to the endzone to put more points on the board. It's just the way the game is played now.

By the way, in the playoff game.. Reggie Wayne had 3 catches for 55 yards and 0 TD's. Pierre Garcon had 11 catches for 151 yards and 1 TD. I'm sure you can guess who man'd up against Reggie Wayne. There were no rushing touchdowns.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets


Last edited by BenchSanchez on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JETSsuperbowl43


Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 843
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have Jones and Vaccaro in the first as well, but in the second I have Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA. The Jets have shown a lot of interest in him and he's a great fit in the WCO. I think the Jets take the best available QB in round three.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group