Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ny giants draft pick 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.

If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs

i am not buying a 4.3-40 wide receiver from a legit football program lasting to the fifth round...

True but I seen a few mocks with stills goin in the fifth round.
And mathieus ill take in the forth round hes a game changer plus kick return ability and a dou kick return team with wilson and mathiues.. Im also interged by teo but I have tank higher

I wouldn't touch the honey badger after the 6th round really. I mean we already drafted Jayron Hosley whos supposed to play in the slot and be our honey badger. And while he hasn't flashed elite, he was pretty good for a rookie to start on our secondary. I think we need to give him more time, and given Reese's track record on letting players develop before moving on I think he believes the same thing. Kenny Stills has a decent chance to fall in the fifth, but I am more interested in Marcus Wheaton or Aaron Dobson.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.

If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs

i am not buying a 4.3-40 wide receiver from a legit football program lasting to the fifth round...

True but I seen a few mocks with stills goin in the fifth round.
And mathieus ill take in the forth round hes a game changer plus kick return ability and a dou kick return team with wilson and mathiues.. Im also interged by teo but I have tank higher

I wouldn't touch the honey badger after the 6th round really. I mean we already drafted Jayron Hosley whos supposed to play in the slot and be our honey badger. And while he hasn't flashed elite, he was pretty good for a rookie to start on our secondary. I think we need to give him more time, and given Reese's track record on letting players develop before moving on I think he believes the same thing. Kenny Stills has a decent chance to fall in the fifth, but I am more interested in Marcus Wheaton or Aaron Dobson.

True I like hosley solid player I think one of those Florida state de will be our pick
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants could benefit with another d-end for sure, and it wouldn't be out of character to see it go down providing the right player falls. I also like the idea of getting better at down tackle, Giants did sign a couple from the market already. It seems like a position that Reese is not mad dogging over in the draft. Giants could pull the trigger on a corner and I'd be completely happy with that. I'm slowly sliding away from the hope of Thomas getting back to form. Ross was a filler signing. Webster played poorly last season and injuries dampened the Prince. Hosley impressed but undersized. What do you guys think of safety? Rolle is banking and he could take a pay cut, he isn't what I'd say earning his check. Some pretty solid safeties in this draft.

The big holes currently on the giants roster would have to be left guard and right tackle. Brewer could push for a starting role at right tackle and push David to left guard with Mosley backing him up. Either way, guard is a concern of mine.

The other would be linebacker, I like Williams and Paysinger (sp) but are we really expecting Conner and Rivers with their one year contracts to take us to the big house? Mathias IMO should be back playing d-end, never liked him playing the linebacker position.

Had our defense played better last year, the Giants struggled across the board. Perhaps its time to beef up the linebackers in the first. With that said, I'd love to see the Giants select Keith Pough near the 4th or 5th round. Howard Univ. small school I know but watch some tape on this kid, he can play the position.

btw...first time poster. Forum looks awesome. Always something going on it looks like. Way better than the dead that I came from. Look forward to talking Giants football.

Last edited by ny92jefferis on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a trade down?...I'm not trying to Jerry Jones this or anything but a handful of spots down to a team in need of a safety or d-end. Needs of our own I know but depth is good and it would give us more picks and the draft is where the giants build.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
What about a trade down?...I'm not trying to Jerry Jones this or anything but a handful of spots down to a team in need of a safety or d-end. Needs of our own I know but depth is good and it would give us more picks and the draft is where the giants build.

The problem with trading down is we have to find a trading partner to do the trade. Unfortunately, this draft doesn't have a lot of top heavy talent, but great depth through 2-4 rounds. So a team in the bottom half of the first or early second is probably going to think there isn't much difference in the prospects from mid 1st to bottom second anyway and are more inclined to stay put.

The only way I see it is if a team falls in love with a quarterback and think a team will leap frog them into the bottom of the first to take him away. If that's the case, maybe they think going mid 1st to jump start the other team could entice them, but I doubt there is any prospect out there to intrigue a team into doing that.

Besides, Jerry Reese never moves from the 1st round much. Always staying put and waiting on whoever falls down to them and snatching the elite player up like Prince. Maybe in the Mid-rounds, Jerry might move around but I doubt it.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

The problem with trading down is we have to find a trading partner to do the trade. Unfortunately, this draft doesn't have a lot of top heavy talent, but great depth through 2-4 rounds. So a team in the bottom half of the first or early second is probably going to think there isn't much difference in the prospects from mid 1st to bottom second anyway and are more inclined to stay put.

The only way I see it is if a team falls in love with a quarterback and think a team will leap frog them into the bottom of the first to take him away. If that's the case, maybe they think going mid 1st to jump start the other team could entice them, but I doubt there is any prospect out there to intrigue a team into doing that.

Besides, Jerry Reese never moves from the 1st round much. Always staying put and waiting on whoever falls down to them and snatching the elite player up like Prince. Maybe in the Mid-rounds, Jerry might move around but I doubt it.

I'm on the same fence you're on with Reese letting the talent fall to him in the draft. Hence the reason I haven't seen much if any talk about a trade in the forum, figured I'd toss it out there anyway.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

I'm on the same fence you're on with Reese letting the talent fall to him in the draft. Hence the reason I haven't seen much if any talk about a trade in the forum, figured I'd toss it out there anyway.

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine will be there and the giants wont let the defense line fall apart if its me ill draft cornellius over werner and in the second ill take sam Montgomery or so defense tackle
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine will be there and the giants wont let the defense line fall apart if its me ill draft cornellius over werner and in the second ill take sam Montgomery or so defense tackle

How is Tank's rehab going? I saw he did the pro day earlier this month and benched 32 reps but didn't run or jump.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

How is Tank's rehab going? I saw he did the pro day earlier this month and benched 32 reps but didn't run or jump.

I hears I was goin well and he would be ready to 100% by training camp that's good enough for me to have jjp and tank and if u think about it we could move jjp to left and put tank at right he played right in Florida state and he's a beast
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:

He's got a full workout scheduled for April 20th. If he can participate in a full workout, position drills included, less than 6 months after the injury, that is amazing.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

He's got a full workout scheduled for April 20th. If he can participate in a full workout, position drills included, less than 6 months after the injury, that is amazing.

Right. I remember when the recovery time frame for this type of surgery was a year.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

I hears I was goin well and he would be ready to 100% by training camp that's good enough for me to have jjp and tank and if u think about it we could move jjp to left and put tank at right he played right in Florida state and he's a beast

If tank isn't there at 19 ill go werner.. the saints have interest in tank and if they pick him well go with his team mate werner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: