Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ny giants draft pick 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tehzl


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 155
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
With Myers, Robinson, and Pascoe I highly, highly doubt they take a TE first overall. DE and CB seem like the two likeliest options.. I think a projected top 10 pick has a good chance of falling to us at 19


So like a bjoern werner?? That's who I think will fall to us

I think Werner is a very probable option and I think theres a good chance he'll be there at 19. Although most people wouldn't, I'd personally prefer his teammate Carradine, but I think both would make great picks. I think we are a pass rusher and a corner away from being SB contenders.


Right..knowing the giants we might carradine with the first and johnathan banks with the two and a te with 3 and tyran mathieus with 4

I personally think that would be pretty damn awesome.. but I think the Giants will look to add another versatile talent to the OL, probably another guard, before they pick up their fourth TE, but it really depends on who's the highest value on their draft board, so who knows what will happen... but we'll have a better idea once Free Agency ends.


The only reason I keep putting the whole te think out there is that I heard on twitter thah pope the giants te coach has is eye on a tight end in this draft clasd so I asumed it was eifert but idk I would love johnathan banks and tyran mathius doe to add to are cb alsome


The quote on Mike Pope was that he had an eye on a player in the mid rounds, so that takes out Eifert. With the addition of Myers, we have now 3 tight ends on the current roster with another on the practice squad so I am almost 99 percent sure we don't draft one before the 2nd round. All bets are off at the mid rounds though.






Dion Sims possibly? He is a projected 4th round pick. Has good size at 6-5 262, ran a 4.75 and is one of the better blocking TEs of this draft.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12069
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Dion Sims. Reminds me of a more athletic Ballard. Runs routes in a similar fashion. I don't think it's him though. I think it's Vance MacDonald or less likely, Travis Kelce.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vulcan_Prime


Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 200
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
With Myers, Robinson, and Pascoe I highly, highly doubt they take a TE first overall. DE and CB seem like the two likeliest options.. I think a projected top 10 pick has a good chance of falling to us at 19


So like a bjoern werner?? That's who I think will fall to us

I think Werner is a very probable option and I think theres a good chance he'll be there at 19. Although most people wouldn't, I'd personally prefer his teammate Carradine, but I think both would make great picks. I think we are a pass rusher and a corner away from being SB contenders.


Right..knowing the giants we might carradine with the first and johnathan banks with the two and a te with 3 and tyran mathieus with 4

I personally think that would be pretty damn awesome.. but I think the Giants will look to add another versatile talent to the OL, probably another guard, before they pick up their fourth TE, but it really depends on who's the highest value on their draft board, so who knows what will happen... but we'll have a better idea once Free Agency ends.


The only reason I keep putting the whole te think out there is that I heard on twitter thah pope the giants te coach has is eye on a tight end in this draft clasd so I asumed it was eifert but idk I would love johnathan banks and tyran mathius doe to add to are cb alsome


The quote on Mike Pope was that he had an eye on a player in the mid rounds, so that takes out Eifert. With the addition of Myers, we have now 3 tight ends on the current roster with another on the practice squad so I am almost 99 percent sure we don't draft one before the 2nd round. All bets are off at the mid rounds though.






Dion Sims possibly? He is a projected 4th round pick. Has good size at 6-5 262, ran a 4.75 and is one of the better blocking TEs of this draft.



Dion Simms was exactly who I thought of when Mike Pope said someone caught his eye. Hes a great blocker and is sneaky good at catching the ball. Reminds me of a less athletic version of Bennet, but as good of as a blocker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no chance Tank Carradine falls to the Giants 2nd round pick unless he has a complication at his workout before the draft. This guy is a top 10 pick if it weren't for the ACL tear. That being said, I can see the Giants taking him at 19 if he looks decent at his workout. Perfect complement to play RE opposite JPP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jerseyboy257


Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 586
Location: Northern Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
There's no chance Tank Carradine falls to the Giants 2nd round pick unless he has a complication at his workout before the draft. This guy is a top 10 pick if it weren't for the ACL tear. That being said, I can see the Giants taking him at 19 if he looks decent at his workout. Perfect complement to play RE opposite JPP.


That's what im saying Smile
_________________
G. Robinson, K. Mack, J. Matthews, M. Evans, A. Donald,
O. Beckham, H. Clinton-Dix, J. Verrett, M. Smith, J. Ward,
D. Lawrence, J. Matthews, W. Richburg, J. Amaro, J. Attaochu, D. Adams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonynygiants10


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
I have a gut feeling that Star will be the pick. Haven't heard anything about his health lately.

Jarvis jones is another I can't seem to shake the idea of.

If Cruz somehow moves on. Wouldn't be upset with tavon Austin


Great points I just think jones ain't gettin pasted steelers and star wont gey pasted bucs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tonynygiants10


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
I have a gut feeling that Star will be the pick. Haven't heard anything about his health lately.

Jarvis jones is another I can't seem to shake the idea of.

If Cruz somehow moves on. Wouldn't be upset with tavon Austin


Great points I just think jones ain't gettin pasted steelers and star wont gey pasted bucs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 168
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
There's no chance Tank Carradine falls to the Giants 2nd round pick unless he has a complication at his workout before the draft. This guy is a top 10 pick if it weren't for the ACL tear. That being said, I can see the Giants taking him at 19 if he looks decent at his workout. Perfect complement to play RE opposite JPP.


That's what im saying Smile


I wouldnt mind Tank at 19 but something tells me we will be in the running for whichever guard is left over (chance or cooper)... theres a chance the cowboys snatch the 2nd guard up right before us but my gut says one of them falls and we pounce

As much as DE makes sense at 19 something tells me we wont be addressing DE until later in the draft
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
There's no chance Tank Carradine falls to the Giants 2nd round pick unless he has a complication at his workout before the draft. This guy is a top 10 pick if it weren't for the ACL tear. That being said, I can see the Giants taking him at 19 if he looks decent at his workout. Perfect complement to play RE opposite JPP.


That's what im saying Smile


I wouldnt mind Tank at 19 but something tells me we will be in the running for whichever guard is left over (chance or cooper)... theres a chance the cowboys snatch the 2nd guard up right before us but my gut says one of them falls and we pounce

As much as DE makes sense at 19 something tells me we wont be addressing DE until later in the draft


Unless Sheldon Richardson, Sharrif Floyd or someone else falls, the cowboys won't pass on the best remaining OL in the first...

I'm praying Rhodes falls to us but I doubt it. I could handle Johnathan banks maybe in the second
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonynygiants10


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
There's no chance Tank Carradine falls to the Giants 2nd round pick unless he has a complication at his workout before the draft. This guy is a top 10 pick if it weren't for the ACL tear. That being said, I can see the Giants taking him at 19 if he looks decent at his workout. Perfect complement to play RE opposite JPP.


That's what im saying Smile


I wouldnt mind Tank at 19 but something tells me we will be in the running for whichever guard is left over (chance or cooper)... theres a chance the cowboys snatch the 2nd guard up right before us but my gut says one of them falls and we pounce

As much as DE makes sense at 19 something tells me we wont be addressing DE until later in the draft


Unless Sheldon Richardson, Sharrif Floyd or someone else falls, the cowboys won't pass on the best remaining OL in the first...

I'm praying Rhodes falls to us but I doubt it. I could handle Johnathan banks maybe in the second



Those are some really good points but I believe werner will be there at 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Noles73


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 178
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonynygiants10


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.


If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 168
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.


If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs


No to Mathieu in the 4th... I would not take him earlier than the 6th round... no to Denard Robinson altogether. He will be out of the league within a few years... He is not fast enough to be a receiver in the nfl
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3709
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.


If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs


i am not buying a 4.3-40 wide receiver from a legit football program lasting to the fifth round...
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonynygiants10


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
Noles73 wrote:
As a huge Seminoles fan I am loving this thread as well as some mocks I see out there. I have seen some mocks have us taking Tank, some taking Rhodes and this is the first one I have ever seen Werner's name thrown around as a possibility for us.

If we are sitting at #19 and both Tank and Werner are available you have to take Tank. I loved Werner at FSU and he has been great for us but Tank's ceiling in the NFL is so much higher. When he was put in as the starter when Jenkins went down he quickly became my favorite player. He is so similar to JPP in the way he can pass rush but still play the run so well, string out running plays and chase plays down backside. I am taking nothing away from Werner as he was amazing this year as well but I just don't see him having the same impact as Tank in the NFL.

It is pretty amazing that these guys are in the position they are considering their experience. This was Tank's 1st year out of JUCO and Werner's 2nd year out of JUCO.

Personally I hope we take Tank with our 1st pick as JPP and Tank on the outside will be fun to watch. I could not stand 1 more year of watching Osi play run defense.


If u go to walter football and check his mock he has werner to the giants for about to weeks he updates his mock once a week. But I agree with tank and I would keep an eye on johathan banks in the second and the mlb out of ruckers and tyrann mathiues in the forth and either kenny stills or denard robison in the fifth but that te is somewhere in this mixs


i am not buying a 4.3-40 wide receiver from a legit football program lasting to the fifth round...


True but I seen a few mocks with stills goin in the fifth round.
And mathieus ill take in the forth round hes a game changer plus kick return ability and a dou kick return team with wilson and mathiues.. Im also interged by teo but I have tank higher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group