Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Jennings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was Tim Jenning a good cornerback while on the Colts?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

seriously27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Tim Jennings Reply with quote

Not that I am trying to prove a point, I just thought it was a good idea.

Me and Wayne87Reggie were having a discussion about Tim Jennings. I personally think he was terrible while he played here. He obviously turned it around after he left but for his time on the colts roster he was constantly being abused by opposing offenses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Jennings Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:

Me and Wayne87Reggie were having a discussion about Tim Jennings. I personally think he was terrible while he played here. He obviously turned it around after he left but for his time on the colts roster he was constantly being abused by opposing offenses.

Thank you, since it was mine!!!

And to prove a point, not sure what that is, I am the first to tell you that I am the only 1 on this forum that likes Jennings.. So that is a joke line!! JOKE!!! Laughing seriously!! Laughing

Anyway it is great that I can look back at my thoughts on the Colts not even tendering him, and be right...Let him walk for what could of been Original round tender!!! Horrible decision!

Anyway, Tim Jennings was a good player for the Colts, and it went outside just playing CB... He was probably the best SPT player we had when he was here, always the first down on punts making tackles..

You guys blame Jennings playing 10 yards off the ball, when in actuality that is what he was coached to do in practice! Jennings isn't the only CB we ever had do that!!!

Good post... Rolling Eyes
80tds (1 behind 22nd)

Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
seriously27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Jennings Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
seriously27 wrote:

Thank you, since it was mine!!!

And to prove a point, not sure what that is, I am the first to tell you that I am the only 1 on this forum that likes Jennings.. So that is a joke line!! JOKE!!! Laughing seriously!! Laughing

Anyway it is great that I can look back at my thoughts on the Colts not even tendering him, and be right...Let him walk for what could of been Original round tender!!! Horrible decision!

Anyway, Tim Jennings was a good player for the Colts, and it went outside just playing CB... He was probably the best SPT player we had when he was here, always the first down on punts making tackles..

You guys blame Jennings playing 10 yards off the ball, when in actuality that is what he was coached to do in practice! Jennings isn't the only CB we ever had do that!!!

Good post... Rolling Eyes

Man I am trying to be really friendly and have a discussion on here. I'm not sure why you are taking everything like it is a personal attack against you.

Tim is that you???

The colts played in that system for a really long time and had quite a few cornerbacks come through and have great success playing ten yards off the WR. The difference was Jennings did not have the close out speed/height to be that type of cornerback. I am not unhappy at all that they didn't tender him. You said it yourself, he couldn't be succesfull playing ten yards off the wr. The colts played that way to limit all large plays downfield, i.e. Jennings would not have been succesfull for them had they brought him back.

The bottom line is that he was a second round pick who didn't play well in our system. I never said he was a bad player, in fact my whole point was to put a positive possibility on the Eric Walden signing and why it might turn out better than most think, I just stated he was not a good player for us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Jennings Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:
I never said he was a bad player

seriously27 wrote:
I personally think he was terrible while he played here.

I like Tim Jennings, did then, do now!! Done talking about him!
80tds (1 behind 22nd)

seriously27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Jennings Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
seriously27 wrote:
I never said he was a bad player

seriously27 wrote:
I personally think he was terrible while he played here.

I like Tim Jennings, did then, do now!! Done talking about him!

It's really easy to take words out of context. I said he was terrible while he played here. I stated many times that he was awful in our system. He is a great cb for the Bears now. You haven't given one reason supporting why you think he is a good player.

Man I remember when the guys one the colts forum used to get along and didn't have egos when they talked about things. Has it been that long?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently so!

And there is plenty of threads from a couple years ago...go check em out, done wasting time with you today!
80tds (1 behind 22nd)

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember a single good play he made while with the Colts even though he had 4 INTs in 4 years. I can remember about 4-5 times that he got burned badly.

You can possibly ring it up to a change of scenery or a wake up call when we didn't attempt to bring him back or maybe better coaching.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was beyond bad during his stint in Indy.

I hated him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was woefully terrible then, and he's a phony now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether he was bad because of the system or whatever, he was still bad in his time as a Colt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was great in 07 playing nickel.
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he play well? No. He just wasn't.

Apparently he had the potential to be good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: