Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Austin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Loooking at Tavon Austin highlights, which are impressive; he reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin at Florida, just a little bit shorter. They seems to have been used the same way in college as a flanker pretty much, ran the ball, caught passes, returns, etc. Harvin played better competition at Florida is the only major difference that I see.

Thank you.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if we took Austin, I wouldn't be elated, but would open up to it. I always do.
But I would prefer Patterson if we went WR, fits our offense better.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just over the whole "finesse WR" experiment we've been doing. Kealoha Pilares, Armanti Edwards, Joe Adams... they all suck. All of them are short. They're all slot guys or gimmick players. Smitty and LaFell play big and are physical, so they rose to the top.

I want someone like Patterson or Hopkins over another guy like Austin.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
I'm just over the whole "finesse WR" experiment we've been doing. Kealoha Pilares, Armanti Edwards, Joe Adams... they all suck. All of them are short. They're all slot guys or gimmick players. Smitty and LaFell play big and are physical, so they rose to the top.

I agree. And I would much prefer Hopkins a round later than Austin round 1.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

I agree. And I would much prefer Hopkins a round later than Austin round 1.

See, a lot of these people we'd prefer in the 2nd round just won't be there. Hopkins, Swearinger, Elam, most of the guys that we all bring up that we'd love in the 2nd just aren't realistic. Tons of teams would love them in the 2nd. Some teams will love them in the late first.
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after listening to Mcshay and Kipers podcast.. Austin just sounds too good to pass up, but the way they talked about him sounded like he wont be there. They said he didnt miss one practice in his college career... not one. Thats raw for someone his size. Im sold..
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
after listening to Mcshay and Kipers podcast.. Austin just sounds too good to pass up, but the way they talked about him sounded like he wont be there. They said he didnt miss one practice in his college career... not one. Thats raw for someone his size. Im sold..

Kiper was also the one that hyped Clausen as a top 10 pick. His credibility is gone with me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

Kiper was also the one that hyped Clausen as a top 10 pick. His credibility is gone with me.

Slot receivers are taking the NFL by storm, don't you know?
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:

I'm sold on Lane Johnson or Star Lotulelei. I think one of those gentlemen will ge Gettlemans first draft pick.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

I'm sold on Lane Johnson or Star Lotulelei. I think one of those gentlemen will ge Gettlemans first draft pick.

I believe one of the two will be his first pick also, go back to the Giant's philosophy they built from the ground up.
jbegley8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we have other positions of need but to tell you the truth I wouldn't be mad if we got Tavon Austin. Not only could he be a replacement for the great Steve Smith but with Cam as his QB he could become the best Panther wide receiver of all times.
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbegley8 wrote:
I know we have other positions of need but to tell you the truth I wouldn't be mad if we got Tavon Austin. Not only could he be a replacement for the great Steve Smith but with Cam as his QB he could become the best Panther wide receiver of all times.

Homie, we said hes like* smitty, we didnt say he is smitty
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mcshay has him going to us at #14 in his latest mock draft
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see Austin being the piece we need on offense. Even if we take him I think we would still be looking at taking a WR again next year.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
I just don't see Austin being the piece we need on offense. Even if we take him I think we would still be looking at taking a WR again next year.

Agreed, I think we need a couple of WRs, unless Lafell really turns it up a notch this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: