Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Austin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Tavon Austin Reply with quote

We have other needs but I think he will be the overall BPA at 14. He can return kicks, punts and is a top notch threat anytime he has the ball on offense.

We had a private workout with him a few days ago.

http://ewallstreeter.com/panthers-to-have-private-workout-with-tavon-austin-4982/#

His highlights are unreal.
"Hardest player to tackle I have watched on tape."-Mike Mayok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

Bottom line, he will help us get more wins than any other player that should be available at 14 in my opinion.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Austin Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
We have other needs but I think he will be the overall BPA at 14. He can return kicks, punts and is a top notch threat anytime he has the ball on offense.

We had a private workout with him a few days ago.

http://ewallstreeter.com/panthers-to-have-private-workout-with-tavon-austin-4982/#

His highlights are unreal.
"Hardest player to tackle I have watched on tape."-Mike Mayok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

Bottom line, he will help us get more wins than any other player that should be available at 14 in my opinion.

we still need to find smitty's replacement and IMO austin could be it. IF none of the linemen drop to us Austin could be the pick and I wouldn't be mad. I've heard rumblings however that the patriots are eyeing him bc of their losses and they might try to leapfrog us. April can't come fast enough.
as far as austin i know he's got wiggle and speed but how are his hands and route running?

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands are very good and his route running even better, he proved and showed that at the WVU pro day.

He will help Carolina more than any other player in this draft.

Punt returns, kick returns, stud WR/RB. We don't have to hold onto Joe Adams then either and have him take up a roster spot.

He will be a better Percy Harvin who doesn't have the migraines and concussions.
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lane and Star are gone and i would rather trade back into the 20's and pick up an another 2nd round pick this year. If there is no trading partner than yes i would like Tavon here. I like him more than the tennessee kid, Austin is a more polished WR and does more.

STILL HOPING THE CHARGERS DONT TAKE LANE AND WE CAN GET HIM AT 14 TO MOVE GROSS TO RT AND RESTRUCTURE HIS DEAL NEXT YEAR OR JUST FLAT OUT CUT HIM.

Also would love to take DJ Fluker in the second
Franck8666

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I with you with this one, Cam need weapons in the passing attack and this Tavon Austin seem to be special ! We can draft a guard in the second round or a dt because there is plenty of depth in this draft at these positions
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin won't make it out of the top 15 I'd say, Ron Jaworski agreed with that after watching him at his pro day. Saying, "No way this guy makes it out of the top 15."
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
Austin won't make it out of the top 15 I'd say, Ron Jaworski agreed with that after watching him at his pro day. Saying, "No way this guy makes it out of the top 15."

Yeah, I think St. Louis's first pick (16) is the absolute latest he'll go.
in cam we trust

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a player with the same or better skill set as Percy harvin and Seattle gave up more the a 1st round pick and we don't have to pay him big money it.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would rather not take a slot guy in the top 15.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon austin is a game changing wideout and we have needed one for years great vision ,great speed ,good Hands so what he is small. If anybody should know the damage a small wideout can do it should be panther fans I.e Steve smith
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go bold and say we should draft Tavon Austin in the 1st round... and Stedman Bailey in the 2nd!

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes down to BPA at 14 and he is still on the board I wouldn't really mind taking him. I would love to address our secondary in the first with either Vaccaro or Rhodes but they will most likely be gone.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in cam we trust wrote:
Tavon austin is a game changing wideout and we have needed one for years great vision ,great speed ,good Hands so what he is small. If anybody should know the damage a small wideout can do it should be panther fans I.e Steve smith

Smitty doesn't play small though, which is why he stands out. He's not afraid of being knocked, blocking, or running into someone. Does Austin show that in his tape? Would rather go Patterson or Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
in cam we trust wrote:

Smitty doesn't play small though, which is why he stands out. He's not afraid of being knocked, blocking, or running into someone. Does Austin show that in his tape? Would rather go Patterson or Hopkins.

I understand that he plays the slot be he is the polished Wr over Patterson and Hopkins does not have the same dynamic WR play style that Patterson or Austin have so to me Austin is the pick at 14
Smitty89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is a Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin all put into one.

The guy is simply electric and when he has the ball he can score on any play, no matter how many guys have an angle on him. He will make an entire defense miss and look silly doing so.

Austin is the pick at 14 or I'm bummed out.

Imagine an offense with...

Cam
Williams & Stewart
Smith
Lafell
Austin
Olsen

Could be tops in the NFL if Shula pulls through for us, which he will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: