Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buffalo_kid's not sexy mock 3/17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Buffalo_kid's not sexy mock 3/17 Reply with quote

A serious, yet non-sexy mock draft.

Round 1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee

We need a WR, and Patterson has loads of potential for the position. To be honest I feel as though Stevie hasnít been at the same form the past two years as he was during his breakout year. I think Patterson comes in and is our #1 from day one. If he realizes his potential, look out.

Round 2. Arthur Brown LB, Kansas State

This is where the draft starts to get un-sexy. Brown is a stout LB that can play any of the LB positions. That versatility will be key for Pettineís defense. I would love for our second round pick to be Barkley, and would also be ok with Manuel, but I donít see either of them being there. I think that we go with the immediate starter in Brown and finally make good of one of our second round picks.

Round 3. Mike Glennon QB, NC State

This is the QB that will battle Tarvaris Jackson for the starting gig. Out of those two I expect Jackson to be victorious and start the entire season. Glennon is more of a future talent. He has the big arm Buffalonians crave, but just needs some time to develop. The key to his success will be the work he puts into being a good pro. We could end up with a steal.

Round 4. Travis Kelce TE, Cincinnati

I love this guy, he has the TE mentality that the Bills position has been lacking since Jay Riemersma. This guy will be a good TE in this league. I think that he could come in a start right away, and keep starting even when Chandler is healthy. He is a stud and getting a guy like this in the forth round is icing on the cake.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Last edited by Buffalo_Kid on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bills123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and if if we have another bad year we then could draft our Franchise QB next year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I despise Glennon but I love the other picks (assuming Geno was taken). Seems realistic however.

QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I despise Glennon but I love the other picks (assuming Geno was taken). Seems realistic however.

Exactly my thoughts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would rather go Bray in round 2 (higher upside), then for LB go with Jelani Jenkins/Corey Lemonier/Jon Bostic in the 3rd..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Personally, I would rather go Bray in round 2 (higher upside), then for LB go with Jelani Jenkins/Corey Lemonier/Jon Bostic in the 3rd..

i honestly think Bray would be there in the third. I guess i wouldn't mind him or Glennon

and you with me.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Exactly my thoughts

Mine as well. I'm a huge Arthur Brown fan and think he's the best value pick in that mock! Personally, I'd rather wait until next year to get a QB or even trade that pick for Flynn (meh) than take Glennon in the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Exactly my thoughts

Mine as well. I'm a huge Arthur Brown fan and think he's the best value pick in that mock! Personally, I'd rather wait until next year to get a QB or even trade that pick for Flynn (meh) than take Glennon in the 3rd.

i believe that we will take a QB in this draft sometime in the first three rounds. i would much rather get Geno at 8 but i don't think that is going to happen. in the second i like Barkley and Manuel, but i believe they will both be gone. so in the third i gave us a high upside QB. i don't see any problem with him. it's not like third rounders are expected to come right in and preform he will battle for the starting job and if he wins we will see what he has and if not he will be our backup with starting potential.

and you with me.
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

i honestly think Bray would be there in the third. I guess i wouldn't mind him or Glennon

then I'd rather take Bray in the 3rd, I love everything I have seen from him, but of course there are those character issues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

then I'd rather take Bray in the 3rd, I love everything I have seen from him, but of course there are those character issues

Anyone but Glennon. He will bust. If you watch any of his games its eye-opening..

I'd prefer Bray, Nassib or Wilson if he's there.

jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'm worried about with Bray is his lazy drop backs and footwork. He's very carefree and isn't very motivated to set his feet. Just lazy in his overall attitude. Other than that, he's a beast.

TommyC376^^^
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about with Bray is his lazy drop backs and footwork. He's very carefree and isn't very motivated to set his feet. Just lazy in his overall attitude. Other than that, he's a beast.

I'm hoping that all changes when he makes it to the NFL and has coaches driving him, especially if he faces competition.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

I'm hoping that all changes when he makes it to the NFL and has coaches driving him, especially if he faces competition.

i was hoping the same thing his whole career at Tennessee, but it never happened. I wouldn't mind Bray in the third but i think that Glennon has a much better chance of being in the league for more than 4 years.

and you with me.
Buff Naked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a QB and can't afford to wait until the third round to draft one. If the Bills think Glennon is their guy we have to take him with the second or even trade up to bottom of round one.

Unfortunately its the position we are in now.
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, would prefer more of a 3-4 ILB like Teo or Minter in the 2nd if we took one there. Lawson helps solve the 3-4 OLB issue as I think they'll use a combo of Lawson, Anderson and Mario Williams there, and use a combo Williams, Williams, Dareus and Carrington on the d-line in 3-4.

I have a feeling they're going to go QB in round 1. Nix doesn't like to trade up, but he saw what happens when you don't for a guy you like (Russel Wilson) and might do that for Geno Smith. Failing that I think they'll take Barkley at 8, which disappoints me, but is how I think they'll go.

Kelce in the 4th round would be great. He's the exact kind of TE we need. I think he might end up being the best overall TE in the class.

I know they need WR, but if they get a big TE, that might mitigate the need for a bigger WR until the later rounds.

Not bad overall, I just personally see us going round 1 or 2 for a QB and I think Glennon is not the right choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: