Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi coming to New Orleans for a visit:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be changing my tune on Nnamdi and here's why...

I understand a lot may not hold NFL Network commentator and former NFL GM Charlie Casserly in as high reguard as I do but he made a comment today on Path to the Draft that stood out to me.

Casserly said that Nnamdi isn't as good as our current top 3 corners on the roster. He said "I feel the guy can't run anymore".

This is a major statement from a talent evaluator that I respect. While no NFL GM's go through their career's making all the right decisions, Casserly to me typically made tough decisions throughout his time as GM that were looked at the time as mistakes and cost him his job but eventually turned out to be the right moves.

Trading with New Orleans in the Rickey Williams deal and targeting Champ Bailey was though to be a mistake at the time but eventually turned out to be a great decision. The Same goes for the selection of Mario WIlliams over Reggie Bush in my opinion.

I personally feel that Casserly is a top notch talent evaluator who isn't perfect but is typically spot on in his assessments. Now with his evaluation on Nnamdi compared to our current corners and his statement that Nnamdi can't run anymore...

If that is true, then scheme is pointless guys. It doesn't matter, press man or zone... if a guy can't run, he can't run!

Now i'm thinking... are we putting to much investment into this guy? Are we holding off pursuing other free agents while waiting for Nnamdi to make his decision? Is Nnamdi really worth the contract the Saints will offer or even the roster spot of the corner that he would most likely take???

Sometimes the best moves you make are the ones you don't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casserly is an idiot. There I said it.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

I understand a lot may not hold NFL Network commentator and former NFL GM Charlie Casserly in as high reguard as I do but he made a comment today on Path to the Draft that stood out to me.

Casserly said that Nnamdi isn't as good as our current top 3 corners on the roster. He said "I feel the guy can't run anymore".

This is a major statement from a talent evaluator that I respect. While no NFL GM's go through their career's making all the right decisions, Casserly to me typically made tough decisions throughout his time as GM that were looked at the time as mistakes and cost him his job but eventually turned out to be the right moves.

Trading with New Orleans in the Rickey Williams deal and targeting Champ Bailey was though to be a mistake at the time but eventually turned out to be a great decision. The Same goes for the selection of Mario WIlliams over Reggie Bush in my opinion.

I personally feel that Casserly is a top notch talent evaluator who isn't perfect but is typically spot on in his assessments. Now with his evaluation on Nnamdi compared to our current corners and his statement that Nnamdi can't run anymore...

If that is true, then scheme is pointless guys. It doesn't matter, press man or zone... if a guy can't run, he can't run!

Now i'm thinking... are we putting to much investment into this guy? Are we holding off pursuing other free agents while waiting for Nnamdi to make his decision? Is Nnamdi really worth the contract the Saints will offer or even the roster spot of the corner that he would most likely take???

I refuse to believe that as soon as he went Philly, he simply aged... Immediately. there's absolutely no logic to that whatsoever. it's 50/50.
50% He got paid and slacked off
50% Philly was a MESS in every sense of the word.

In his prime, QB's flat out didn't throw his way. He has plenty of tread left on those tires. Now whether or not he has the will to succeed depends on him now more than ever.

Casserly is an idiot of epic proportions for saying that. I hate NFL network. They put the DUMBEST frigging analysts on there that I am CONVINCED know NOTHING about football.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:

Casserly is an idiot of epic proportions for saying that. I hate NFL network. They put the DUMBEST frigging analysts on there that I am CONVINCED know NOTHING about football.

Seems like we agree. Casserly is stupid, and so is NFL Network. (except for Darren Sharper, Eric Davis, and Mike Mayock. I actually think they're good.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
potus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

I refuse to believe that as soon as he went Philly, he simply aged... Immediately. there's absolutely no logic to that whatsoever. it's 50/50.

In his prime, QB's flat out didn't throw his way. He has plenty of tread left on those tires. Now whether or not he has the will to succeed depends on him now more than ever.

+1

The tape don't lie. The two seasons for the Eagles, when Nnamdi played man, he was a shutdown corner. When he was moved to zone (which was alot) he was lost. That's on the Eagle staff, not him. Just like any player in the NFL, the player has to be used to his strengths and correct scheme.

This deal needs to happen. A caliber player like him at such a discounted price doesn't come along very often.
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

+1

The tape don't lie. The two seasons for the Eagles, when Nnamdi played man, he was a shutdown corner. When he was moved to zone (which was alot) he was lost. That's on the Eagle staff, not him. Just like any player in the NFL, the player has to be used to his strengths and correct scheme.

This deal needs to happen. A caliber player like him at such a discounted price doesn't come along very often.

And, What better place to have a rebirth than in New Orleans?

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

+1

QFT

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha is still torn between #49ers and #Saints, I'm told. But New Orleans pushing really hard to get him. #Staytuned

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha is still torn between #49ers and #Saints, I'm told. But New Orleans pushing really hard to get him. #Staytuned

I'm calling it now. Nnamdi will be a saint. Got a good feeling about this.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Quote:

I'm calling it now. Nnamdi will be a saint. Got a good feeling about this.

Same here. Total 180 from where I felt when we first learned he was coming to visit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice...mainly just to put the Xavier Rhodes in the 1st round talks to rest. Next...lets sign another WR to put the WR in the 1st round talks to bed.
thesolution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Quote:

The only reason he's torn in my opinion is because San Fran is in the bay area. Other than that why would he be? San Fran mite have a better front 7 but they play a lot of Cover 2 and 3. Which is his weakness..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Would be nice...mainly just to put the Xavier Rhodes in the 1st round talks to rest. Next...lets sign another WR to put the WR in the 1st round talks to bed.

Would need to be a legit signing for that to happen.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Quote:

The only reason he's torn in my opinion is because San Fran is in the bay area. Other than that why would he be? San Fran mite have a better front 7 but they play a lot of Cover 2 and 3. Which is his weakness..

Cover 2 and 3 can both be ran with man underneath in any number of combination from single man to all man.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: