Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi coming to New Orleans for a visit:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4545
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on Nnamdi?
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Any news on Nnamdi?


you know as much as I do. Think he wants to meet with all of the teams interested first before he talks money. This might take a week or two.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2518
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors out there that he agreed on terms with the Saints. Larry Holder just tweeted this:

Quote:
Receiving a ton of tweets about Asomugha agreeing to terms with the #Saints. Talked to Sean Payton about 40 minutes ago on Nnamdi.


Quote:
When asked if he had a sense of where Asomugha was leaning, Sean Payton said, "“Nothing right now. Just waiting to see.” #Saints


Quote:
I'll have more of an update coming on Nnamdi/Saints in a few minutes. Will post updated link soon.

_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2518
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From his wikipedia article:

Quote:
New Orleans Saints

Mickey Loomis, the cap space genius that he is, MADE IT HAPPEN again by signing Asomugha on March 18, 2013. Back in San Francisco, the head brass there were said to be scratching their collective heads.


LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 5175
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So me might have actually got him? YESSSSSSSSSSSS
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2518
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
So me might have actually got him? YESSSSSSSSSSSS


We can hope, but nothing official here. But right now I feel like it's more likely he'll sign with the Saints (or already signed) before signing with anybody else!
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts on the current situation between Nnamdi and New Orleans...

1. Why hasn't Nnamdi left town yet?
2. Larry Holder suggest via twitter that both Nnamdi and Saints want him in Saints uniform.
3. Why is Loomis and Payton being so open about a player not under contract... that's rare.
4. If Nnamdi is signed, someone will likely either be cut or restructured.
5. Could a deal be in the works but are taking their time to move money around and create cap space?

Here's hoping... Anxious
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17959
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
A few thoughts on the current situation between Nnamdi and New Orleans...

1. Why hasn't Nnamdi left town yet?
2. Larry Holder suggest via twitter that both Nnamdi and Saints want him in Saints uniform.
3. Why is Loomis and Payton being so open about a player not under contract... that's rare.
4. If Nnamdi is signed, someone will likely either be cut or restructured.
5. Could a deal be in the works but are taking their time to move money around and create cap space?

Here's hoping... Anxious


1/4/5. They are working on a contract that's fair and need to make sure the money is there. I expect Greer to be cut/moved that saves us 1.5 million overall, 3 yr 11 million, first year 1.5 million deal.

2/3. All parties involved want him to be a Saint and the thought makes them giddy.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...

On to Butler, Could it be that the Saints simply see him as a reserve and luxury but not the dynamic pass rusher they seek?

Maybe Ryan likes Butler but feels Wilson is a much more talented player with more potential?

Draft's 15th pick likely to have a good pass rusher available as well.


THoughts...
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17959
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Agreed...

On to Butler, Could it be that the Saints simply see him as a reserve and luxury but not the dynamic pass rusher they seek?

Maybe Ryan likes Butler but feels Wilson is a much more talented player with more potential?

Draft's 15th pick likely to have a good pass rusher available as well.


THoughts...


I like having options, Butler, if cheap enough, should be picked up regardless due to the fact that he adds depth and let's us use Wilson either inside or outside, or both, same with Butler.

Truthfully I would personally prefer to try to trade Greer right now, send our 1st and Greer to Minnesota for their 1st and 2nd, sure we might miss out on a player that falls like Star or Jones, but we get a 2nd rounder that could likely be used on someone like Jamie Collins and use the 1st on a guy like Keenan Allen that would immediately make our offense unstoppable even more so.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see another person suggesting we get another playmaker on offense in the first I might just lose my mind. We have play makers on offense! How about just one playmaker on defense? We need a guy on our defense that offenses need to account for every play. You can try to convince me that he is on our team already...but I am going to call BS. We need a beast OLB. Galette and Wilson isn't that guy...Victor Butler isn't that guy...that guy is likely first rounder in the draft.

And BTW...who's playing offensive tackle for the Saints this season. Zach Strief opposite Charles Brown? ..yeah...bringing in Hasselbach might not be a bad idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
If I see another person suggesting we get another playmaker on offense in the first I might just lose my mind. We have play makers on offense! How about just one playmaker on defense? We need a guy on our defense that offenses need to account for every play. You can try to convince me that he is on our team already...but I am going to call BS. We need a beast OLB. Galette and Wilson isn't that guy...Victor Butler isn't that guy...that guy is likely first rounder in the draft.

And BTW...who's playing offensive tackle for the Saints this season. Zach Strief opposite Charles Brown? ..yeah...bringing in Hasselbach might not be a bad idea.


It's obvious to anyone that a defensive playmaker is the top need but just because you say you need one dosen't mean one will be available in the 1st round. It isn't that simple! If that guy is there, absoutly the Saints would be fools to pass on him but in NO way should we reach on a defensive player that is graded well below offensive players that are available at 15 simply because we feel we NEED a defensive playmaker.

You would be talking yourself into thinking that player is something he's not and that has BUST written all over it.

If the Saints feel that defensive guy is there, great... if not go offense.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading between the lines... what does this tell ya'll?

Quote:
GM Trent Baalke says the 49ers are still considering free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

"Nnamdi is someone we're considering, as well as a lot of other players," Baalke said. "We had a great visit when he came in." Baalke also claimed Asomugha won't be guaranteed a starting job if he signs. "It's still about competition. It's still about earning your role within that locker room, within our team." Thus far, Asomugha has only visited the Saints and 49ers.


http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

No offense, I get the hole competition thing and the Niners are in a position to do that defensively but the sad fact is that if Nnamdi was to sign in New Orleans he would likely be looked at as not only a starter but a major upgrade at the position.

Our two units are just in two completely different stages and I think this is another aspect in Nnamdi's decision.

I also think this could be what Sean Payton was talking about when he said that he was curious to see what Nnamdi's decision was going to be. Does he come here and be the guy or does he go there and be just a guy?
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this grace period here is a good thing. I mean honestly, if Nnamdi wanted to play for the 49ers, I think he would have signed by now. they are absolutely loaded in the front seven which puts him in a good position to get back to form due to the pass rush they generate.

I honestly believe he wants to play here, he wants to come home, and he wants to be reunited with Ryan. On the other side of the coin though, I think he needs to realize that if he comes here, he most definitely has his work cut out for him. In SF, he can be at best, a part of that dominant defense; another cog in the machine if you will....But here, he can either be another terrible player on a bad defense, or THAT playmaker that he was back in Oakland. Not getting my hopes up or meaning to get anyone else's, just telling ya what's on my mind.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
I think this grace period here is a good thing. I mean honestly, if Nnamdi wanted to play for the 49ers, I think he would have signed by now. they are absolutely loaded in the front seven which puts him in a good position to get back to form due to the pass rush they generate.

I honestly believe he wants to play here, he wants to come home, and he wants to be reunited with Ryan. On the other side of the coin though, I think he needs to realize that if he comes here, he most definitely has his work cut out for him. In SF, he can be at best, a part of that dominant defense; another cog in the machine if you will....But here, he can either be another terrible player on a bad defense, or THAT playmaker that he was back in Oakland. Not getting my hopes up or meaning to get anyone else's, just telling ya what's on my mind.


I honestly feel Nnamdi is playing us to get a better deal from San Fran.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group