Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi coming to New Orleans for a visit:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Nnamdi coming to New Orleans for a visit: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Saints are one of the teams interested in cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. And now Asomugha is interested in the Saints.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Asomugha will visit the Saints on Sunday.

As recently explained, the relationship between Asomugha and Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan could be a huge factor. “[Asomugha] loves him and trusts him,” a source with knowledge of the situation recently told PFT.

The Nnamdi-Ryan connnection, which traces to their mutual time together in Oakland, nearly resulted in Asomugha joining the Cowboys in 2011.

At last word, Asomugha was in “serious discussions” with the 49ers. Other interested teams include the Cardinals, Broncos, and Texans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/nnamdi-visiting-saints-on-sunday/

What you guys think... will Loomis get it done? If so, who might be out... Greer???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
thesolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that 2. Who knows who they cut. Possibly Greer. Maybe Harper. Probably could trade PT.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
I just read that 2. Who knows who they cut. Possibly Greer. Maybe Harper. Probably could trade PT.

If I was cutting (trading you have to find someone else to trade with) Greer, if we're bringing in another corner one is going. Strief, if LT gets figured out Brown should start at RT, if not Brown plays LT and Jones at RT. Thomas, let Baby Brontosaurus shine. Jenkins, just let Quddus start any way possible.

I'm not to crazy about Nnamdi, but I won't be mad if we get him. We don't have the money to bring him in without cutting someone or a really big restructure.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
thesolution wrote:

If I was cutting (trading you have to find someone else to trade with) Greer, if we're bringing in another corner one is going. Strief, if LT gets figured out Brown should start at RT, if not Brown plays LT and Jones at RT. Thomas, let Baby Brontosaurus shine. Jenkins, just let Quddus start any way possible.

I'm not to crazy about Nnamdi, but I won't be mad if we get him. We don't have the money to bring him in without cutting someone or a really big restructure.

The Colts owner says they have a deal they been working on for 5 days and is close to being done... Could that be tied into this?

I know it's just speculation but with Ed Reed also in town, how wild would it be if the Saints announce that they have traded a running back and Malcolm Jenkins to the Colts for draft picks, restructured Greer and signed Reed and Nnamdi!

Then I woke up... Crying or Very sad

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it's a pipe dream. He's going to cost too much, and we still have Colston, Brees, Graham, Grubbs, and Evans to pay in the future. Unless he wants to come on a back loaded 2 year deal, it would be really tough to bring him in without really moving some money around.

That said, now that we have Lewis and a good shot to draft a defensive playmaker at #15, couldn't our money be better spent than on a 32 year old CB? I for one would much rather spend that money on an OT, OLB, ILB, S, or Mr. Graham.

That's just the way I feel. We have more pressing needs and very limited money.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I still think it's a pipe dream. He's going to cost too much, and we still have Colston, Brees, Graham, Grubbs, and Evans to pay in the future. Unless he wants to come on a back loaded 2 year deal, it would be really tough to bring him in without really moving some money around.

That said, now that we have Lewis and a good shot to draft a defensive playmaker at #15, couldn't our money be better spent than on a 32 year old CB? I for one would much rather spend that money on an OT, OLB, ILB, S, or Mr. Graham.

That's just the way I feel. We have more pressing needs and very limited money.

He's coming off the worst 2yrs of his career. Plus the corner market is down. On top of that, he just made 20 plus million from the Eagles. Stop worrying about the money and the way contract or structure. Brees have 20 mill left guarnteed on his contract. Expect a Tom Brady type restructure next year.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love him, but we'd definitely need to make some space. I'm not confident it's going to happen, but I'm glad we're bringing him in atleast.

Still:

Aso, Lewis, Greer, PRob, White?

That CB depth is great. Considering Ryan's scheme needs a good secondary, this goes along way.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did land Nnamdi, do we have any CBs who could make the move to S besides White?

White would make a mean SS.

CB: Robinson, Nnamdi, Lewis, Greer.
FS: IAQ, Jenkins
SS: White, Bush

Trade Harper?

(Not because I don't like Harper, I'm a big supporter of him. He's just the odd man out in this scenario)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with trading Harper is who wants an aging SS, who struggles in coverage, making good money and coming off the worst year of his career. We'd be lucky if someone offered us a crappy backup for him Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
The issue with trading Harper is who wants an aging SS, who struggles in coverage, making good money and coming off the worst year of his career. We'd be lucky if someone offered us a crappy backup for him Laughing

True... if the Saints would find a taker for Harper I don't think they'd expect nothing much in return because it would be a salary dump but like you said, nobody gonna fall for that!

That being said, if we stay with Harper and I think we will... I have a new DRAFT man crush and his name in Jonathan Cyperin!!! I think he'll end up going somewhere between picks 20-30. I'd love to see us trade back and take him. Boy simply knows how to play the position!!!

justo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NnOLA
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Harper has value. Not much, but something. If the Ravens can with Bernard Pollard as their SS, a player who I think is quite similar to our dear Harper, then it can be done.

I'd guess some team with an excellent FS, and could use a useful albeit limited SS.

Biggest thing for us would be to get the salary off the books. Return isn't as important in that case.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
I actually think Harper has value. Not much, but something. If the Ravens can with Bernard Pollard as their SS, a player who I think is quite similar to our dear Harper, then it can be done.

I'd guess some team with an excellent FS, and could use a useful albeit limited SS.

Biggest thing for us would be to get the salary off the books. Return isn't as important in that case.

Say the scenario TD said works out. Doubt you'd find a trade partner for Harper and cutting him just save $700k or so this year. Cutting me would be the way to go IMO so you get him off the books for good. Actually try to trade/get rid of Jenkins too IMO. Give IAQ a shot at FS and White a shot at SS. That is all. Then come draft time, you have more than just 2 possibilities to think about.

^NS922 on the sig^
Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm not sure about Nnamdi. He's 32, had two very bad seasons and we already have three good corners. He would cost a lot of money and I doubt he would sign a one year contract. Just stay with Lewis, PRob and Greer in the slot and spend the money on Butler/Philips, an OT and sign some D line depth!

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people who have brought up the worst two.seasons of Scrabbles career...you do realize the difference of schemes he went through going to the Eagles? Please don't forget h had some of his best seasons under Ryan in a man cover scheme. I woildnt mind a signing for the right price. Just wondering who would get the axe.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: