Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions for remainder of free agency:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Predictions for remainder of free agency: Reply with quote

The Saints have been very discreet in their approach to free agency thus far but by no means have they been lazy. As fans, we typically don’t hear much from the franchise these days and I think that stems from Sean Payton’s fallout in trust factor with local and national media in general following the bounty scandal. He runs a much tighter lipped ship these days and not much if any internal business news leaks out until Payton wants it to.

Taking a close look at the type of players the Saints have been targeting gives us a clear view of the direction this franchise is heading. Players the Saints went after but missed out on like Paul Kruger & Rickey Jean Francois to players they are rumored to be interested in like Victor Butler & Kellen Davis all the way back to the two players already signed in Junior Galette & Keenan Lewis. The Saints are clearly targeting young promising players entering their prime who can be gotten at cap friendly deals. With this approach in mind, here are my predictions for the remainder of the Saints free agency haul this offseason…

1. Victor Butler OLB Cowboys
All is quiet on the Butler situation but that’s when you know something is up… Butler to New Orleans makes too much sense not to happen. He wants to be here and Rob Ryan is rumored to covet him so it’s likely just down to hammering out a deal that both sides can agree to.

2. Winston Justice OT Colts
Justice is exactly the type of player the Saints can bring in to man the fort at left tackle. He’s a solid player but not spectacular that would look much better than he really is blocking for Drew Brees. His addition would allow his former USC teammate Charles Brown to remain on the right side and give the Saints two young unspectacular but promising tackles that can get the job done at a bargain price.

3. Vaughn Martin DT/DE Chargers
I really feel the Saints need to add some defensive line help and the interest in Rickey Jean Francois shows the Saints feel that way as well. Martin is another young up and comer with experience in the 34 similar to Francois that could provide quality depth and competition up front for the Saints.

4. Darious Heyward Bey WR Raiders
Every FA addition on this list fills a role on the team and Bey would be no different. Joe Morgan will likely step in for Devery Henderson next season but Bey would provide the Saints with a big body receiver with deep speed that they have lacked since Robert Meachem left for San Diego.

5. Kellen Davis TE Bears
Like Bey, Davis would fill a role in New Orleans offense as the primary backup to Jimmy Graham and as the position of Sean Payton’s coveted blocking TE. In New Orleans, Davis would see the field a lot with Payton’s new found commitment to establishing a better running game in 2013.

Thoughts…

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before I'm content with what we have. The only move I really want us to make is resigning Roby. One of the best special teams players. But bring some guys in cut a few guys I'm fine with that two.

Kellen Davis: not a fan
Vaughn Martin: don't know much about
Victor Butler: would be a nice addition to the team
Hey Bay Bay: like saying the name and wow he has some wheels. I want him
Winston Justice: Laughing

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
As I've said before I'm content with what we have. The only move I really want us to make is resigning Roby. One of the best special teams players. But bring some guys in cut a few guys I'm fine with that two.

Kellen Davis: not a fan
Vaughn Martin: don't know much about
Victor Butler: would be a nice addition to the team
Hey Bay Bay: like saying the name and wow he has some wheels. I want him
Winston Justice: Laughing

This...but no WR...the ones we have work for next year at least.

^NS922 on the sig^
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on with Ivory ?? Are you guys really going to sign him for $2M a yr as a 4th rb ? What do you think his trade value would be ?

Personally I don't see you guys signing him, just want to keep an asset for the trade market...

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: