Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical situation: Ben suddenly retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Troofax wrote:
Don't tease me. What do I do? Get drunk probably, there won't be a tear shed for that jacka$$...Good riddance, now can our next QB be a little bit smarter than a rock please?

The sooner, the better. Ben will never get it. He's been giving chance after chance, but he's still all about Ben and F everyone else. Last year was his year to step up and make it his team. He did the exact opposite. We aren't strong enough on defense anymore to make up for his mental limitations anymore...

We are blowing it half way up anyways, blow it all up I say. Including Tomlin and Ben.

And maybe the next quarterback can be less talented and less successful too. Confused

yeah I guess he'd rather go thru another stretch of guys like Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart.

First successful starter we've had in over 20 years and some idiotic people want him gone... lol.... ridiculous

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all of the post, but I would consider he either gets traded or retires.

1. DO NOT draft Geno Smith, I do not trust the guy.

*** Yes, tank the season for Jadeveon Clowney, that could "possibly" help this team fill a need.

2. Zac Dysert would be my pick, if he works out then he does, if not next year's class is much better so grade one them or trade in 2014.
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want Ben to retire but if he did before the season I would force Lebeau to retire also. After the season without those to I would select Teddy Bridewater. Bam were back to being competitive again!
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason why this would be good is we would get rid of a crap load of band wagon fans. Smile Very Happy
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guy in this draft I would consider (outside of Geno because it would cost to much to get him) would be Scott form Arizona. If we couldn't get him than I would get a vet for a year (Grad, Fitz, Lefty, whoever) and play out the year and than use our high 1st to pick a guy in 2014.

Not the sexiest idea but I wouldn't want to panic and pick a guy this year if we didn't think anyone would be worth it. That would mean we would struggle big time but I would rather struggle for a year or two and get the right guy than have to spend 5 years with a guy we rushed in to pick.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksoh1 wrote:
Don't want Ben to retire but if he did before the season I would force Lebeau to retire also. After the season without those to I would select Teddy Bridewater. Bam were back to being competitive again!

What does Lebeau have to do with Ben???

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First this team would really suck without Ben so why bother too keep Lebeau around he would only make us competitive, and I wouldn't want that to happen.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksoh1 wrote:
First this team would really suck without Ben so why bother too keep Lebeau around he would only make us competitive, and I wouldn't want that to happen.

wow.... thats seriously your answer?

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Le-Morte-dJames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if LeBeau retires our defense won't change much other than maybe some minute play calling differences.

Keith Butler is the obvious next choice and he's been trained under LeBeau for how long now
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
bucksoh1 wrote:

]

You can't be too old cause, cause you think QBs grow on trees. Usually takes a long time before teams find their next frachise QB unless you get lucky. Alot of teams have gone 30+ years and still haven't found a frachise QB. I know I don't have 30 years to wait around on another Franchise QB. What's so hard to comprehend?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksoh1 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
bucksoh1 wrote:

]

You can't be too old cause, cause you think QBs grow on trees. Usually takes a long time before teams find their next frachise QB unless you get lucky. Alot of teams have gone 30+ years and still haven't found a frachise QB. I know I don't have 30 years to wait around on another Franchise QB. What's so hard to comprehend?

I'm probably older than you...

I get what you're saying now. Don't expect Lebeau to coach much longer anyway, and Ben will be on the team past Lebeau's tenure anyway.

And of course I don't think QBs grow on trees.... I'm someone who has been doggin those who want to trash Ben.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the tread where Ben retires, I don't believe I have ever bashed Ben before could be wrong though.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksoh1 wrote:
Isn't this the tread where Ben retires, I don't believe I have ever bashed Ben before could be wrong though.

I'm not saying you did... others have. Just using that as my point that no I do not think starting caliber QBs grow on trees.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its your right to be content with a career under-achiever, personally I expect more from a guy given 100mill and the keys to the city. You're delusional if you think there isn't 10 or so other QB that couldn't have won with our defense. Ben often played poorly and put the team in bad spots the first 3 quarters, defense constantly bailing him out keeping him in the games. He puts together one good drive and is considered a hero and clutch. LMAO, been 3 years since Bens seen clutch. Or since Holmes left,hmmmm...Ive said it before ,Ben has hall of fame talent, but his poor work ethic both mental and physical, drama,and excuses, will keep him and this team from greatness. Sad,really.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly.. if Ben suddenly retired, I'd await the Raiders cutting Carson Palmer and then sign him. He'd be the best available option to get us to the 2014 Draft. THEN I'd take the BPA QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: