Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brent Grimes? your thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is brent grimes the solution for #2 CB
Yes, Solid Pick up
77%
 77%  [ 31 ]
No, just a band-aid for now
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 40

buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Buno you took the words right out of my mouth.

I feel exactly how you do.

like looking at all the advance stats...

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=CB

it seems like Skrine avg is the low 40s high 50s. He is in the company of what looks like some below avg #2 DBs, some avg #3s, and great #4s. Basically has Skrine about avg with the #3 DBs in the league.

Numbers dont lie!

Maybe he'll perform better in a lesser role this year. But one things for sure, I don't ever wAnt to see him starting again.

No one wants to see him starting. It means someone is hurt.

I actually wonder how he would perform if he had the chance to start with Joe Haden because I don't think that ever happen last year. I think he could make a decent #2 by injury if joe Haden is across from him. I just don't want to see him as a regular starter. Fill in starter I'm fine with put pencilled in starter or given the job I wouldn't like

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some background on CB Brent Grimes' visit w/ #Browns on Sat: Met w/ Chud/Horton; underwent medical evaluation; wife & son made trip, too.

Quote:
Source on free-agent CB Brent Grimes and his family visiting CLE: "They enjoyed the visit and will discuss it moving forward." #Browns

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
Some background on CB Brent Grimes' visit w/ #Browns on Sat: Met w/ Chud/Horton; underwent medical evaluation; wife & son made trip, too.

Quote:
Source on free-agent CB Brent Grimes and his family visiting CLE: "They enjoyed the visit and will discuss it moving forward." #Browns

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burleigh Grimes was a pretty fair pitcher at one time.

Actually I would not mind signing Brent Grimes as long as the contract protected us against injury.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'm unclear on your stance. Are you saying you want Grimes?

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young CB great upside. Why would he leave for Cle though? Hopefully he's not just trying to get Atl to dig a little deeper in their pockets.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^.

I think the only reason he leaves Atlanta is because the Falcons have already signed players to replace him. I would really like the browns to get him, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he took a very cheap/short contract to stay with the falcons and chase a ring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimes when healthy is a top 10 CB. He can run with pretty much any #1 you put against him. IMO was best CB we have had since Sanders. Don't let his height fool you if he still has same athleticism he can jump like a 42+" vertical if not more. He has great reaction skills and even better make up speed when he is beat a little which rarely happens to often.

Should never put him in man to man much as he is a much better zone guy he gives a lot of effort in run support but because of his size sometimes can get handled a bit there but he can usually get the RB down might be after 2 or 3 yards on his back Razz

Would love for him to come back to the Falcons and i hope he retires with us 1 day. He came from nothing but roster fodder and with pure effort and determination never stopping trying to get better became a elite CB.

Plus he is what Drew Brees see's in his nightmares he owns that guy XD

Also my favorite nickname on the team for sure.

He is the good guy to Calvins bad guy

Meatron vs Optimus Grime Or Grime Time for some falcon fans.

Here is a nice little highlight video some falcon fan made a bit back for ya if ya haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps Eminem as the music so mute if ya don't like rap. About 5 min long.

If ya get him i'll root for him to good there but i hope ya don't get him and he comes back home.

The one thing you gotta watch out for though is his Wife Miko Grimes. She is a bit crazy Very Happy She snaps on people quite a bit on twitter and is sorta the mouth piece of the family. It will be a love hate relationship with any team he lands on fans and her. I like her but more can't stand her.

If ya need to know anything else shoot me a pm i would love to chat with yall about anything Smile
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Grimes when healthy is a top 10 CB. He can run with pretty much any #1 you put against him. IMO was best CB we have had since Sanders. Don't let his height fool you if he still has same athleticism he can jump like a 42+" vertical if not more. He has great reaction skills and even better make up speed when he is beat a little which rarely happens to often.

Should never put him in man to man much as he is a much better zone guy he gives a lot of effort in run support but because of his size sometimes can get handled a bit there but he can usually get the RB down might be after 2 or 3 yards on his back Razz

Would love for him to come back to the Falcons and i hope he retires with us 1 day. He came from nothing but roster fodder and with pure effort and determination never stopping trying to get better became a elite CB.

Here is a nice little highlight video some falcon fan made a bit back for ya if ya haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps Eminem as the music so mute if ya don't like rap. About 5 min long.

If ya get him i'll root for him to good there but i hope ya don't get him and he comes back home.

The one thing you gotta watch out for though is his Wife Miko Grimes. She is a bit crazy Very Happy She snaps on people quite a bit on twitter and is sorta the mouth piece of the family. It will be a love hate relationship with any team he lands on fans and her. I like her but more can't stand her.

If ya need to know anything else shoot me a pm i would love to chat with yall about anything Smile

Thanks for the info dude.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard we didn't offer him a contract before he left.

Crying or Very sad

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems very hands on when he is in man coverage. If he is smart he will go somewhere other than Cleveland because that will be the death of his career here. His hands on playing style is going to draw him a lot of PI calls where in Atlanta it got him a lot of interceptions.

As much as fans don't want to admitt it(espcially of the other 31 teams) players wearing orange and brown have to overcome a lot more than just the other 11 players on the field across from them. A perfect example of this is Brian Robiskie who has made exactly 1 great play his entire career and that play he made got called for OPI. He went up over the corner and made a great adjustment in air to get the ball. I have seen many great recievers make this play and everyone blow up about what a great play it was and how athletic he was to be able to make it. The very next drive Derrick Mason shoves out DB to the ground int he back of the endzone and catches a TD pass with no flag because he had the name and he was wearing a Ravens jersey. It is sad, but officials do officiate differently based on what name is on the back of the jersey and what jersey you are wearing.

Jamison on the sig
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Thanks for the info dude.

+1

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

I don't know if i buy that.

The article said he wants to mull over his decisions. I would assume that if we didn't offer him a contract, then there wouldn't be much to think about.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

The article said he wants to mull over his decisions. I would assume that if we didn't offer him a contract, then there wouldn't be much to think about.

Mulling over being a primary player and earn more money for the Browns while trying to break .500, or a lower level player earning less money for the Falcons while trying to win a Super Bowl ring....

Again, love him to come to Cleveland, but if not I hope he stands in Atlanta....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Mulling over being a primary player and earn more money for the Browns while trying to break .500, or a lower level player earning less money for the Falcons while trying to win a Super Bowl ring....

Again, love him to come to Cleveland, but if not I hope he stands in Atlanta....

Well here you go...

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/free-agent-cornerback-brent-grimes-enjoys-visiting-browns-but-leaves-without-contract-offer-1.382135?%3F%3F=

Apparently he hasn't taken any offers from anyone yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: