Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green's Mid-FA Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Green's Mid-FA Mock Reply with quote

I'll try to focus more on the draft. I'm not going to include financials because the details of the Goodson and Garay contracts have not been released yet. I'm not going to include a Revis trade. Assume we dump Tebow.

Free Agency
Arrow Jets sign OLB Victor Butler to a 3-year, $9 million deal ($2M cap hit)
Arrow Jets sign OG Kevin Boothe to a 2-year, $5 million deal ($2M cap hit)
Arrow Jets sign FS Michael Huff to a 3-year, $7.5 million deal ($2M cap hit)
Arrow Jets sign QB Kevin Kolb to a 2-year, $5 million deal ($2M cap hit)
Arrow Jets sign K Nick Folk to a 2-year, $2.5 million deal ($1M cap hit)

The Draft

Trade:
Jets trade: 1(9), 3(72)
Vikings trade: 1(23), 1(25), 6(190)

1(23). Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
Cyprien has been the darling of the Senior Bowl, but this hype is not undeserved. Due to playing at Florida International, Cyprien had not been receiving the attention that he deserved. He plays at SS, although he has the ability to play some FS. He excels in coverage and also can deliver a lot of big hits. He is an excellent blitzer, which Rex will love. I think he every bit as good as Kenny Vaccaro, who is likely a top 10-15 pick. I think Cyprien can be a star in this defense.

1(25). Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi
Just like Cyprien, Collins has shot up draft boards recently. Also like Cyprien, much of the reason that Collins wasn't this highly regarded earlier in the draft process is his small school pedigree. Collins played for 0-12 Southern Miss, although he was far from the cause for that. Collins racked up 10 sacks this season and was a lone bright spot for the Golden Eagles. Thanks in large part to his eye-popping combine numbers, Collins has garnered DeMarcus Ware comparisons. I don't know if Collins will be that good, but I think he can emerge as one of the best players from this draft.

2(39). Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
Wheaton is a very impressive receiver that has both the production and physical attributes to be worthy of being selected this early. He put together a fine season at Oregon State with 91 receptions for 1244 yards and 11 TDs. He also ran the ball 20 times for 142 yards and 2 TDs. He ran a 4.45 40 yard dash at the Combine. I think he is a receiver that can be a great replacement for Santonio Holmes after the season. Wheaton, Kerley, and Hill can be a fine WR trio going forward.

Trade:
Jets trade: 4(106), 5(143), 2014 4th
Rams trade: 3(78), 7(222)

3(78). Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
The brother of Eagles C Jason Kelce, Travis possesses great size at 6'5 255 lbs. Kelce produced this year on a mediocre passing team, although he has missed all offseason drills due to an abdominal injury. Kelce has earned comparisons to a poor man's Rob Gronkowski. I think Kelce can be a Day 1 starter for this team.

6(179). Joe Kruger, DE, Utah
Kruger is the younger brother of now Cleveland Browns OLB Paul Kruger. Joe is not as good as his older brother, but he can still make it in the NFL as a role player. He can help fill in the void left by the departure of Mike DeVito and be the primary back-up to Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples.

6(190). Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard
He is an upgrade over Lex Hilliard at the FB position. He is the best true FB in this draft class.

7(215). Jordan Kovacs, S, Michigan
Kovacs is a former walk-on at Michigan who went on to be 4 year starter. I think he will remind Rex of Jim Leonhard.

7(222). Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Williams was the TE for the BCS National Champions, but will likely just be a role player in the NFL.

Depth Chart
QB: Kevin Kolb // David Garrard // Mark Sanchez // Greg McElroy
RB: Bilal Powell // Mike Goodson // Joe McKnight
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Santonio Holmes // Stephen Hill // Clyde Gates
Slot WR: Jeremy Kerley
TE: Travis Kelce // Jeff Cumberland // Michael Williams // Hayden Smith
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson // UDFA
LG: Kevin Boothe // Vladimir Ducasse
C: Nick Mangold // Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Willie Colon
RT: Austin Howard
WR: Markus Wheaton // Jordan White

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson // Joe Kruger
NT: Kenrick Ellis // Antonio Garay
DE: Quinton Coples
OLB: Victor Butler // Garrett McIntyre
ILB: David Harris // Josh Mauga
ILB: Demario Davis // Nick Bellore
OLB: Jamie Collins // Ricky Sapp
CB: Darrelle Revis // Ellis Lankster
FS: Michael Huff // Josh Bush
SS: Jonathan Cyprien // Antonio Allen // Jordan Kovacs
CB: Antonio Cromartie // Darrin Walls
NCB: Kyle Wilson

K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
LS: Travis Tripucka
KR: Joe McKnight
PR: Jeremy Kerley

Last edited by green24 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like we should draft an OL, but otherwise solid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all your picks but I think the trade value on the first trade is too much in the Vikings favor (1580 - 1495)
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I like all your picks but I think the trade value on the first trade is too much in the Vikings favor (1580 - 1495)

In this year's draft, you can't expect to gain full value in a trade down. Most teams want to trade down.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the Markus Wheaton pick to one of Patton/Woods/Hopkins and ill be a very happy jets fan

JMG on the sig
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your love for Kelce.... i like evrything but that trade up in the 3rd

I'd rather see who falls to the 4th.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
Change the Markus Wheaton pick to one of Patton/Woods/Hopkins and ill be a very happy jets fan

I wouldn't mind any of those receivers, but I think Wheaton has better skills than all of them. He can be the next Mike Wallace.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:

I wouldn't mind any of those receivers, but I think Wheaton has better skills than all of them. He can be the next Mike Wallace.

Wheaton then replaces Holmes as the #1 in 2014 with Hill stepping in across from him, Kerley in the slot, Kelce at TE and Powell/Goodson manning the run game

Thats a solid offense, add in a young QB in 2014 we're looking good

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
You and your love for Kelce.... i like evrything but that trade up in the 3rd

I'd rather see who falls to the 4th.

I think Kelce is a second round prospect that we are able to grab in the third round. I don't know if there will be anyone available in the 4th that can be an instant starter for us.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:

Wheaton then replaces Holmes as the #1 in 2014 with Hill stepping in across from him, Kerley in the slot, Kelce at TE and Powell/Goodson manning the run game

Thats a solid offense, add in a young QB in 2014 we're looking good

Yep. These moves might take us out of the Bridgewater sweepstakes, but there still are other QBs that we can draft.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Like mentioned a G would be nice in the 2-3 but I wouldn't be upset with a draft similar to this. If we do trade Revis we will have a lot to work with especially if we can manage to get the #13 pick. I'd try to trade down both of those if our top prospects weren't on the board.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I like it. Like mentioned a G would be nice in the 2-3 but I wouldn't be upset with a draft similar to this. If we do trade Revis we will have a lot to work with especially if we can manage to get the #13 pick. I'd try to trade down both of those if our top prospects weren't on the board.

While I do think we could survive with Boothe, Colon, and Ducasse, I understand the need for more OL depth. Ideally we should at the very least add an OT for jumbo packages. That was an oversight on my part.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

While I do think we could survive with Boothe, Colon, and Ducasse, I understand the need for more OL depth. Ideally we should at the very least add an OT for jumbo packages. That was an oversight on my part.

It's not depth we need at OL, it's starters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the love affair for this Collins guy. I'm not impressed at all. Since when is he a first round prospect?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see recent mocks have the Jets not drafting a QB. That would be fine with me. I am patient enough to wait for a better crop of QBs to choose from in the 2014 draft. All your picks makes since except for your 1st round. Make it Eddie Lacy as your first round pick and I'll give your mock an A. B as it stands right now.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: