Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roscoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Mock Time Reply with quote

Other Players Released Not Resigned

Jamari Lattimore LB

Ryan Grant RB

Cedric Benson RB

Brandon Saine RB

Sean Richardson S

Jarret Boykins WR

Frank Zombo LB

Brad Jones LB

Jordan Miller NT

Greg Van Roten OG

Players Resigned

Sam Shields CB

Evan Dietrich Smith C

Robert Francois LB

Free Agency pickups NONE!

We receive a 4th Round Comp Pick for lost of Flynn

Draft

1st Round Pick

Kawann Short DE 6'3 308lbs Purde

Short comes in becomes our opposite DE on the other side from Neal. Pickett becomes rotational DT along with Raji. Short will help bring pressure on the quaterbacks.

2nd Round Pick

Terrance Williams WR Baylor 6'2 201lbs

Williams is our replacement for Jennings he should be a fine receiver who will give Rodgers another weapon.

3rd Round Pick

Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State 6'2 235lbs

Bell is our new starting running back he has moved up in the draft this is about where he will be drafted. Harris will become change of pace back with Green and Starks the backups. We get our work horse at this pick.

4th Round Pick

Dion Sims TE Michigan State 6'5 265lbs

Dion Sims becomes our second best tightend replaces Crabtree. Sims is a very good blocker and a good receiver could become future starter reminds me some of Bubba Franks.

4th Round Pick [comp]

Josh Evans S Florida 6'1 205lbs

Evans gives us some competition at safety he will battle Jennings and McMillian for starting spot opposite of Burnett. If all else fails solid backup.

5th Round Pick

Micheal Buchanan OLB Illionois 6'5 250lbs

This player will give us depth behind Matthews and Perry could challenge Perry for his spot. He brings us some pass rush and good depth with Walden departing to the Colts.

6th Round Pick

Matt Stankiewitch C Penn State 6'3 303lbs

Stankiewitch becomes our backup center could battle Evan Dietrich Smith for the starting job regardless Stankiewitch is the future starter.

7th Round Pick

Anthony Rashad White DT 6'2 330lbs Michigan State

White will become Pickett's replacement in the future for now he will be a backup to Raji and Pickett. Will give us a big body to plug the middle of the defense.

I did not draft a ILB due to already having Hawk Francois Bishop Smith
Manning. Plus we needed to address other positions in the draft.

Depth Chart

QB Rodgers/Harrell

RB Bell/Harris/Green/Starks/Kuhn

WR Jones/Nelson/Cobb/T Williams/Ross

TE Finley/Sims/Quarless/DJ Williams/Taylor

OL Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse/Lang/Sitton/ED Smith/Stankiewitch/Barclay

DL Pickett/Raji/Neal/Wilson/Short/Daniels/Anthony R White

Jerel Worthy PUP

LB Hawk/Francois/ Smith/Bishop/Manning/Matthews/Moses/Perry/Buchanan

DB Williams/Shields/Hayward/Bush/House/Jennings/Burnett/McMillian/Evans

Special Crosby/Masthay/Good

Please give me input on the draft thanks this is a no trades draft can't fill every position.

Last edited by Roscoe on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoe's like how the hell can I start a thread without it getting locked? Oh I got it! Laughing

But really, solid mock. Not a fan of some of the prospects but agree with the positions you went with in each round.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I laughed hysterically at "Big 10 addition"
Roscoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Roscoe's like how the hell can I start a thread without it getting locked? Oh I got it! Laughing

But really, solid mock. Not a fan of some of the prospects but agree with the positions you went with in each round.

Thanks lol!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Mock Roscoe you have influenced me to do my third mock. Like your picks. Would have like some extra picks but the way TT is he might be sleeping during the draft too.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really a fan of Short, particularly in our defense. In a Wade Phillips' defense, I'd like him as a nose but not in ours.

Really hate the fit of Terrance Williams in our offense. He's a vertical threat, not much of a short-to-intermediate threat. Poor route runner. Seems like the anti-TT receiver.

Not high on Bell or Sims either.

Buchanan is really the only pick I'm really liking tbh.
MUOH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That image of White makes It look liike he os going to ride a scooter off thé field.
Roscoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Never really a fan of Short, particularly in our defense. In a Wade Phillips' defense, I'd like him as a nose but not in ours.

Really hate the fit of Terrance Williams in our offense. He's a vertical threat, not much of a short-to-intermediate threat. Poor route runner. Seems like the anti-TT receiver.

Not high on Bell or Sims either.

Buchanan is really the only pick I'm really liking tbh.

Well Short is 6'3 300 plus and he knows how to get sacks he was one of the best DL in the Big Ten. We need DL that can get to the QB he is an upgrade over CJ Wilson! Plus Short can play DE and DT as well. We have 3 top wide receivers already on this team Williams would be our 4th receiver give him time to develop we could always use another deep threat besides what we have. Bell is a beast built similar to Steven Jackson guess you didnt care to get Jackson either did you. Bell is built to be a starting caliber RB something we lack deeply. Sims is a big pass catching tight end and a blocking tightend as well which we don't have much of a blocking tightend on the roster who knows whats going to happen to Quarless? Sims is also an upgrade over Crabtree. Don't understand your dislikes for. Their quality draft picks in the latter rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock, love the first 2 picks. I've always been high on Short, just watch his 2012 highlight tape vs Notre Dame on YT and you'll see my fascination with him right from the get go. He's also lined up at NT and DE in a 3-4 formation while at Purdue, so I think we can make it work (even though they used mostly a 4-3 front).

Love Terrance Williams, too.

Dion Sims is a nice pick, he can catch and block well, though I prefer Travis Kelce.

Bell is more of a 4th rounder to me, but not bad as a player.
packattack86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be the grammar police but it is loss, not lost. As for the mock I really like it. I'm not as high on Williams as some other WR's though. Love Short and Bell, Sims is good too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
Not to be the grammar police but it is loss, not lost. As for the mock I really like it. I'm not as high on Williams as some other WR's though. Love Short and Bell, Sims is good too.

Thanks for the input had some help from my fat little buddy boss hog!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Nice mock, love the first 2 picks. I've always been high on Short, just watch his 2012 highlight tape vs Notre Dame on YT and you'll see my fascination with him right from the get go. He's also lined up at NT and DE in a 3-4 formation while at Purdue, so I think we can make it work (even though they used mostly a 4-3 front).

Love Terrance Williams, too.

Dion Sims is a nice pick, he can catch and block well, though I prefer Travis Kelce.

Bell is more of a 4th rounder to me, but not bad as a player.

I agree with this assumption for the most part

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I've always been high on Short,

I chuckled. No lie.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams and Dion Sims aren't ideal scheme fits. If you're trying to predict Ted Thompson's draft you have to look at his preferences and history. Williams on the tape doesn't look like a TT receiver who can line up and play multiple roles, he's leggy, he falls down a lot, goes down easily and looks limited to an outside role only where he can hug a sideline and feel comfortable like a Bernard Berrian type. Watching him you can tell he has little hands which is one of the reasons why he's linked to dropped passes. Dion Sims is another guy that doesn't fit the mold. He's very heavy, big and has stiff legs. He runs like Glenn Robinson did at the end of his career - not pretty. Sims is like Brandon Pettigrew in many ways, like Pettigrew he has concentration problems and drops. Thompson sticks to his mold, especially when it comes to WR/TE/RB's, all are guys are pretty much built and play similarly. We don't have a huge/limited WR, a tiny slot WR, a big blocking TE, a small receiving TE's, it's pretty redundant.

Just a couple of my nitpicks, take it for what it's worth. As always thanks for taking the time to make the mock, enjoyed.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Michigan State now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: