Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfield and redskins back in talks

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought: would Winfield work as a FS? I mean, I saw the article you posted sfLA stating they're looking at him as a slot corner, but could he play center field? I mean, if those are the options (#3 corner vs. starting FS) wouldn't he rather get the starts?
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Random thought: would Winfield work as a FS? I mean, I saw the article you posted sfLA stating they're looking at him as a slot corner, but could he play center field? I mean, if those are the options (#3 corner vs. starting FS) wouldn't he rather get the starts?

I was thinking of Hall at FS. Only because Winfield was the top rated cornerback in the NFL last season, according to ProFootballFocus, including that he did not allow a passing touchdown in 2012.

That said, in a pinch, I would rather not have Hall as the last guy in the backfield in a long ball situation. So Winfield would work much better.

It wouldn't be a bad idea.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

We play our okie mostly anyway, the times he wouldn't be on the field I'm sure they'd have no problem moving him outside for 8 or 9 snap or whatever.

I feel like Wilson would be the true 3rd and they'd just kick Winfield in when we have 3 CB's like they did Hall this year.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so my guess is that we are not going to sign Winfield.

We have Biggers who plays better on the outside. hall for the slot and Wilson for the other side.

Adding Winfield could hamper any progress by Crawford or any other rookie that we sign.

But we need to draft a rookie that is going to take over for the starting roles pretty soon, at least for Hall, and that is my guess that we draft a FS and a CB. Meriweather is most likely slotted for the FS spot as per the roster, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them draft a versatile S like Swearinger who could play both positions.

I also know there was a lot of interest at the Senior Bowl about Duke Williams and that may play into the 5th round picks. Develop him as a FS behind Meriweather.

But adding Winfield into this chaos might be more of a headache than a solution.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
so my guess is that we are not going to sign Winfield.

We have Biggers who plays better on the outside. hall for the slot and Wilson for the other side.

Adding Winfield could hamper any progress by Crawford or any other rookie that we sign.

But we need to draft a rookie that is going to take over for the starting roles pretty soon, at least for Hall, and that is my guess that we draft a FS and a CB. Meriweather is most likely slotted for the FS spot as per the roster, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them draft a versatile S like Swearinger who could play both positions.

I also know there was a lot of interest at the Senior Bowl about Duke Williams and that may play into the 5th round picks. Develop him as a FS behind Meriweather.

But adding Winfield into this chaos might be more of a headache than a solution.

While I agree adding Winfield would slow the progress of younger players, I sure would love the Hall Wilson Winfield combo!!!! I do agree we will draft a corner maybe 2, but I doubt either will be ready to play alot of snaps as a rookie. The Hall Winfield stop gap would be nice to let the younger player learn behind them.....
Im not at all convinced Biggers will make it through camp esp if Minnifield can show he can stay healthy.....thats a big if I know.
I guess time ill tell.....btw as you already know swearinger is my draft crush so I love the idea of him and Meriweather playing together!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hall at FS is a better option than Winfield at FS, but I have the same feeling Mike23md does in that we won't probably get Winfield now. I think it comes down to money and we won't have the money to give to Winfield, I don't agree with Mikes point about "chaos", but I do think that we don't have the $ Winfield could get if he returns to Minnesota.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to get Winfield, I just don't see it happening.

Frankly, now that Hall is back, I'd rather use theleft over $ we have to sign a veteran free safety like Rhodes, Lynch, Huff, Leonhard, Elam etc, etc.

I'm not happy about our cb situation but its adequate, especially since I think we will still draft a few cbs and one in round 2 or 3, but our starting FS and probably back up FS still might not be on this roster and I think it's best for us to sign a FS in free agency and also draft one in round 2 or 3 if we don't draft a FS in round 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But its not about money with Winfield and from what i've read he loves what the Redskins are doing. If we can sign him id be ecstatic with him, Wilson, Hall and healthy d line our pass D should be much improved.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
But its not about money with Winfield and from what i've read he loves what the Redskins are doing. If we can sign him id be ecstatic with him, Wilson, Hall and healthy d line our pass D should be much improved.

While that notion is true, he is still going to look at his situation in the scheme and realize that he is not going to be on the field all the time and to move his family out here to play limited downs, might not be as appealing to him as we think.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
well I didn't mean its about money with him, I meant we need to have the money available to give him a deal similar to what we just have Hall.

I hope Winfield signs, I agree I'd love to have Hall, Winfield and Wilson all on our team as the top 3 cbs, but I'm not sure I'd do it at the expense at having a good upgrade at FS. FS remains this teams biggest problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

While that notion is true, he is still going to look at his situation in the scheme and realize that he is not going to be on the field all the time and to move his family out here to play limited downs, might not be as appealing to him as we think.

Why would he not be on the field all the time as he would be a #1 CB
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
mike23md wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

yeah. He's certainly better than what we've had the past two years starting at his age though, I'm not sure he'd play every down.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
mike23md wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

Not this year and he would have learn the scheme and terminology. Therefore he would not be on the field all the time. And if you think about it, we would have 2 slot CB's. They both cannot be on the field unless we are playing the Patriots.

At his age, Winfield will not be an every down player, but I dont think that he signs here anyway. If Minny wants him back, they can get him. Minnesota was but a game away from getting into the playoffs. So its not like he wouldnt be going back to a winner.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfield decesions next week.

He loves the DHall move and complements him well too. So that saids alot for who he will pick already . Probably more of us finding a way to get him or tell Wilson to be cut.

Turtle and any Wilson lover if your here...I can't wait to see your faces when Wilson is cut ...or better yet "POSTS".

Lets go team#Winfield !Smile
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Winfield decesions next week.

He loves the DHall move and complements him well too. So that saids alot for who he will pick already . Probably more of us finding a way to get him or tell Wilson to be cut.

Turtle and any Wilson lover if your here...I can't wait to see your faces when Wilson is cut ...or better yet "POSTS".

Lets go team#Winfield !Smile
right, just because you say it, it's sure to happen! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: