Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Report on ESPN 980 is that the redskins are closing in on a deal with Antoine Winfield
Laughing id be joyed. The best move also would be a 2nd round CB than where talking turkey.

And chester should be released since we have back upS.

Can also allow us to sign another player.

Someone will be released. Going to ineresting, maybe shocking, to see who it will be. Bowen, Chester, Fletcher, Doughty ..
I really doubt Chester will be cut. He played well last year. Cutting Doughty makes sense, it would save us 1.15 million and none is guarenteed. Why would we cut Fletcher? Don't understand that at all.

Are you serious? why not cut Flecther? he is 37 years old and caused almost the most out of every one on the team. IDC about his leadership because obviously our D has stunked up with his leadership so what does that tell you "? a person skills and a DC will make your D good. Im pro the most motivated guy on this forum but it doesn't mean im the best poster obviously based on my grammar .'

This is why I hate being a skins fan with Favoritism ....obviously he gave up alot of yards and missed a ton of tackles (A Red Flag on him declining) and you wanna keep him? we are better of using that money on getting RG3 a RT ( which is too late maybe) or getting a ILB like Dansby who will be cheaper and younger or use that money on CB's and a FS.

Londons done bro.......loved him in 07-08 but his time is up....time to move on since I honestly believe Keenan Robinson can do just as good if not improve our coverage scheme.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't cut fletcher because he's the best leader we have, and he's at worst the 2nd best ilb we have, possibly the best because Riley is worse against the pass and if Fletcher didnt have his ankle injury last year, I guarentee we wouldn't be having this discussion. Fletch struggled all year with a bad ankle that kept him in a boot all during the week. I've heard most nfl players wouldn't even play at all on his injury.

Keenan Robinson starting is an JOKE of an idea! Please! The guy couldn't stay healthy as a rookie, missed the last month of the season and he was a reserve who didn't play on run downs. We need to see a lot more of him before we know if he can start one game, let alone 16 games.

Perry Riley was a back up for about half of his 2nd season and he was never hurt and was stuck behind Rocky McIntosh (big difference between he and Fletcher). If Robinson is ready to start sometime during the season he may, but I doubt it will happen.

I don't understand where these vandettas come from with wanting our best core players gone. The previous two years it was Santana Moss, oh he's done, Hank and so and so are better, we can sign all these high dollar free agents and be better Bull Crap! All he did was go out and lead the team with 8 TDs and be RG3 safety blanket all year long. You don't get Rid of your leaders, core strength guys when they can still play.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Report on ESPN 980 is that the redskins are closing in on a deal with Antoine Winfield
Laughing id be joyed. The best move also would be a 2nd round CB than where talking turkey.

And chester should be released since we have back upS.

Can also allow us to sign another player.

Someone will be released. Going to ineresting, maybe shocking, to see who it will be. Bowen, Chester, Fletcher, Doughty ..
I really doubt Chester will be cut. He played well last year. Cutting Doughty makes sense, it would save us 1.15 million and none is guarenteed. Why would we cut Fletcher? Don't understand that at all.

Are you serious? why not cut Flecther? he is 37 years old and caused almost the most out of every one on the team. IDC about his leadership because obviously our D has stunked up with his leadership so what does that tell you "? a person skills and a DC will make your D good. Im pro the most motivated guy on this forum but it doesn't mean im the best poster obviously based on my grammar .'

This is why I hate being a skins fan with Favoritism ....obviously he gave up alot of yards and missed a ton of tackles (A Red Flag on him declining) and you wanna keep him? we are better of using that money on getting RG3 a RT ( which is too late maybe) or getting a ILB like Dansby who will be cheaper and younger or use that money on CB's and a FS.

Londons done bro.......loved him in 07-08 but his time is up....time to move on since I honestly believe Keenan Robinson can do just as good if not improve our coverage scheme.

With London Fletcher debating his retirement this offseason, and the cap savings that we could have had, don't you think that the FO would have pushed him not to come back to save about 4M in cap savings.

But they didn't, the welcomed him back because of his leadership. A guy like London who is a motivator and team leader is a rare find in this league these days. At 37 years old he still was top 10 in tackles in the league and lead our team in tackles.

With our cap situation this year and limited draft picks, plus the ILB's that were out there in FA, London is the best available option to lead the defense this year. You don't just throw that away to save some cap space.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If London woke up and forgot how to play the game known as "Football", I'd still want him on the field starting @MLB/ILB.

His Presence & Leadership are 2nd to none, imo. Guys like that on your team, are truly priceless.

But considering the guy made some key INT's and other plays as well, would make it crazy to cut him if he still wants to play.

If you want to create cap room, there are other ways of going about it.

Like giving Orakpo and extension (this one makes me pause though)
Reworking and extending Garcon (I would love this move)
Reworking and extending Barry Cofield (I would be OK with this)

Any of the 3, would give us a significant amount of cap room.
Any of the 3 would be a reasonable move, to make it happen.

Cutting one of our best FA picks ups, in I honestly can't remember when & Leaders not just on the Defensive side of the ball...but the whole Locker room...would be....
Foolish
and that's putting it very mildly.
(Let London go out when he's ready...now if starts pulling a Brett Favre....we can talk)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some good insight on the timetable for Winefield possibly Hall.
Good Read.

http://sonofwashington.com/2013/04/01/antoine-winfield-to-the-redskins-what-we-know-so-far/
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK @TKextremeskins Winfield in DC will put Wilson in trouble

TK @TKextremeskins Winfield would be in a 2 year deal & cap space next year would allow for a guy like Talib

TK @TKextremeskins 1m Extending Rak by minicamp would put Skins 14-18 mil under Cap for next year. Trying to lock up Winfield first

I cant wait for wilson to be released. We easily and put Hall at FS and draft a 2nd round cb than our secondary would look alot better with winfield on boars. All signs for winfield to come, replacing wilaon for win is a great move
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering what there thoughts are so far as to who they are targeting in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully if we plan on getting rid of Wilson, we are able to trade him for some draft picks.
(presuming we sign Winfield)

I don't know what his value is, but I'm sure it's not a whole lot.
Maybe late rounder? 6th or 7th?

If we were able to do this, I would fall back on my advocacy on trading down in the draft a bit.
By us netting an extra pick or 2 for Wilson.

Otherwise, if we simply just cut Wilson.
I still want us to trade back in the 2nd rd & pick up an extra late 3rd or 4th rounder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not cutting Wilson. That would not be fair to him to be able to hit the market when teams were ready to spend money.

That is not something that we are going to do in Washington with this FO. He could be traded, but we are not going to cut him, not now.

My guess is that we are not going to trade him either. He would not garner any value for a draft pick in return that would be worth it. Most likely a 5th rounder would be offered and a 5th round CB is not going to be better than Wilson as a cover corner.

I also dont understand the idea of signing a 35 yr old corner to replace a 28 year old corner. If anything I think we keep them all. CB was a very sketchy position as was the entire secondary.

But with the limited cap space, I can see us trading back to get a guy in the early 3rd to reduce the cap hit, but I if our guy is sitting there at 53, look for the Skins to get him instead of trading back.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
TK @TKextremeskins Winfield in DC will put Wilson in trouble

TK @TKextremeskins Winfield would be in a 2 year deal & cap space next year would allow for a guy like Talib

TK @TKextremeskins 1m Extending Rak by minicamp would put Skins 14-18 mil under Cap for next year. Trying to lock up Winfield first

I cant wait for wilson to be released. We easily and put Hall at FS and draft a 2nd round cb than our secondary would look alot better with winfield on boars. All signs for winfield to come, replacing wilaon for win is a great move
won't happen. It would be a bad move to cut Wilson and you can't use his twitter account on this site.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
We are not cutting Wilson. That would not be fair to him to be able to hit the market when teams were ready to spend money.

That is not something that we are going to do in Washington with this FO. He could be traded, but we are not going to cut him, not now.

My guess is that we are not going to trade him either. He would not garner any value for a draft pick in return that would be worth it. Most likely a 5th rounder would be offered and a 5th round CB is not going to be better than Wilson as a cover corner.

I also dont understand the idea of signing a 35 yr old corner to replace a 28 year old corner. If anything I think we keep them all. CB was a very sketchy position as was the entire secondary.

But with the limited cap space, I can see us trading back to get a guy in the early 3rd to reduce the cap hit, but I if our guy is sitting there at 53, look for the Skins to get him instead of trading back.
i was thinking the same thing, will be hard to do with the cap space as you said. I think adding Winfield is a good move but not at the expense of Josh Wilson. It all depends on what price we can get Winfield at

Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Why would we not cut Wilson? he cost more than any CB right now if not any secondary player at this point. We wanna win its obvious if WSH likes Winfield like they do or on that Twitter i posted than he will be ours. Wilson not even a real starter . I agree a trade maybe but other than that hes gone and Winfield will replace him.

Winfield/Hall/Biggers/ Second round CB or FS sounds great to me for a year of no cap.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

i was thinking the same thing, will be hard to do with the cap space as you said. I think adding Winfield is a good move but not at the expense of Josh Wilson. It all depends on what price we can get Winfield at
Well we can't get any CB that can start if we dont release some one. IDK your love for Wilson but Winfield has 2 years and maybe a extra which would give us a very good slot CB for a while and can in which let us groom another starting CB .

The trick is to win and make good moves not play favortisiam . They brought Hall back same reason why I like him and they will try and release or TRADE wilson the same reason why I dont like him just like the same reason we want Winfield .

Winfield is the #1 tackling CB and is a top 3 best slot CB's in the NFL today with leadership and a great IQ on the field. We wen't 10-6 if our O is as good with an more healthier improved D than we could secretly talk SB or more than just a WC.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Well we can't get any CB that can start if we dont release some one. IDK your love for Wilson but Winfield has 2 years and maybe a extra which would give us a very good slot CB for a while and can in which let us groom another starting CB .

The trick is to win and make good moves not play favortisiam . They brought Hall back same reason why I like him and they will try and release or TRADE wilson the same reason why I dont like him just like the same reason we want Winfield .

Winfield is the #1 tackling CB and is a top 3 best slot CB's in the NFL today with leadership and a great IQ on the field. We wen't 10-6 if our O is as good with an more healthier improved D than we could secretly talk SB or more than just a WC.

There is no good thing that can come out of releasing Wilson. While his cap hit is a bit friendly, we would look like a bunch of insensitive idiots that didnt give him a chance to get good money when the market opened up.

They have the money to keep him and you dont bring in a whole new secondary to learn the terminology and scheme and hope they can get it in one off season. A lot of importance is put on team chemistry and how well players gel with each other.

It works with QB and WR's, OL, DL and LB's, and the Secondary. They all have to have good chemistry. Cutting Wilson not only takes a chunk out of that chemistry but gives him a bad taste about the Redskins and that is not what we want from our players.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I'm not playing favoritism Wilson is a good cb who's starter in all of his years in the NFL but 1, his rookie year. He's a starter and the statistics and eye ball test backs that up, he was our most consistent cb in coverage the two years he's been in DC.

Unfortunately, there's a chance that Winfield won't be here now. I have this feeling that we signed Hall back because we knew Wilson wasn't going to take our offer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: