Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/26/antoine-winfield-considering-other-offers-in-advance-of-visit-with-redskins/

According to mike jones of washpo, Antoine Winfield is considering two offers from other teams before he even visits DC tomorrow.

Quote:
One of the teams interested in the services of the three-time Pro Bowl player is the Minnesota Vikings, Winfield’s employer for the last nine seasons. The Vikings released Winfield earlier this month because he was owed a salary of $7.25 million.

A person familiar with Winfield's thinking said the 36-year-old defensive back has received "other offers." Winfield is intrigued by the prospect of playing for the Redskins, but he might accept another offer and cancel his visit to Redskins Park, the person said. It wasn't clear whether Winfield has scheduled visits with other teams.

Thats more of a speculation. WSH been in talks with Winfield for two weeks and Winfield had to see our scheme and staff and etc to honestly come visit us...I expect us to sign him I mean we are the closest team on contending for a SB other than Minny but they just want him as the back up and he feels betrayed.

Winfield will sign tomm for sure just like Fred Davis will sign with the Jets.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/26/antoine-winfield-considering-other-offers-in-advance-of-visit-with-redskins/

According to mike jones of washpo, Antoine Winfield is considering two offers from other teams before he even visits DC tomorrow.

Quote:
One of the teams interested in the services of the three-time Pro Bowl player is the Minnesota Vikings, Winfield’s employer for the last nine seasons. The Vikings released Winfield earlier this month because he was owed a salary of $7.25 million.

A person familiar with Winfield's thinking said the 36-year-old defensive back has received "other offers." Winfield is intrigued by the prospect of playing for the Redskins, but he might accept another offer and cancel his visit to Redskins Park, the person said. It wasn't clear whether Winfield has scheduled visits with other teams.

Thats more of a speculation. WSH been in talks with Winfield for two weeks and Winfield had to see our scheme and staff and etc to honestly come visit us...I expect us to sign him I mean we are the closest team on contending for a SB other than Minny but they just want him as the back up and he feels betrayed.

Winfield will sign tomm for sure just like Fred Davis will sign with the Jets.
it's all speculation until the player signs with someone in FA isn't it? All the experts always think someone is going somewhere but they don't truly know until the player is signed by team.

I hope Davis goes to the Jets or Bills and we go back to the playoffs year after year and he never sees the playoffs again because he went to a team that didn't have a qb.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant post link but via twitter winfield arrived 4 hours ago and will be eating dinner and staying overnight for tomm:) he is also mutual for being with us or minny.

Davis deservrs some money.

Also turtle london and wilson led top 3 is missed tackles.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant post link but via twitter winfield arrived 4 hours ago and will be eating dinner and staying overnight for tomm:) he is also mutual for being with us or minny.

daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Twitter

ESPN 980 wrote:
ESPN 980 hears UFA CB Antoine Winfield just arrived in the DMV area an hour ago & will be meeting with the #Redskins presumably for dinner.

https://twitter.com/ESPNRadio980/status/317011343335124992

Tracker: 22 catches, 227 yards, 1 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

london was hurt almost all year. Wilson is still a good cover cb. I'm sure Darrell Green was always high in missed tackles also. It's not Wilson's forte, as it wasn't Green's when he played.

As far as Davis goes, if he wants big $, he can get that for another team, one that likely won't make the playoffs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
From Twitter

ESPN 980 wrote:
ESPN 980 hears UFA CB Antoine Winfield just arrived in the DMV area an hour ago & will be meeting with the #Redskins presumably for dinner.

https://twitter.com/ESPNRadio980/status/317011343335124992
i hope he doesn't leave town! Laughing

Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

london was hurt almost all year. Wilson is still a good cover cb. I'm sure Darrell Green was always high in missed tackles also. It's not Wilson's forte, as it wasn't Green's when he played.

As far as Davis goes, if he wants big $, he can get that for another team, one that likely won't make the playoffs.

The JETS and Bills can easily turn it around espically Buffalo .

And LOL So what Briant Urlacher and Ray Lewis but who cares London wasn't that good infact it was pretty evident when we played the Giants he missed a good tackle from some one.

I like him but very questinable on him returning but if we sign Winfield I would let him go and simply let Keenan Robinson or a later round ILB come in and try out for a cheaper price. That might still happen.....would also allow us to re-sign Davis too . But Davis is gone and I wish him luck and dont blame him...he cant even re-sign with us if we have no money .
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Emmanual Benton ‏@Manny_PPI 1m
From a contact on Antoine Winfield: He is very much torn. Greatly respects Frazier and Vikes’ staff. Not about money. Scheme/wants to win

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

And LOL So what Briant Urlacher and Ray Lewis but who cares London wasn't that good infact it was pretty evident when we played the Giants he missed a good tackle from some one.

I like him but very questinable on him returning but if we sign Winfield I would let him go and simply let Keenan Robinson or a later round ILB come in and try out for a cheaper price. That might still happen.....would also allow us to re-sign Davis too . But Davis is gone and I wish him luck and dont blame him...he cant even re-sign with us if we have no money.
We didn't miss Fred Davis on our 7 game win streak last year that had us winning the division and hosting a playoff game. We certainly needed London Fletcher on our playoff run and his timely big plays in most of those games.

mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

I like him but very questinable on him returning but if we sign Winfield I would let him go and simply let Keenan Robinson or a later round ILB come in and try out for a cheaper price. That might still happen.....would also allow us to re-sign Davis too . But Davis is gone and I wish him luck and dont blame him...he cant even re-sign with us if we have no money .

Neither the Jets nor Bills have a respectable QB that can move a team to win. The Bills just released Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez is garbage. If Fred Davis goes to Buffalo, he is going to be behind Scott Chandler. If he goes to NY, he will never see the playoffs as Miami and New England are the teams to beat up there.

Buffalo and the Jets are not going to be competitive in their division until Mark Sanchez is gone and Tom Brady retires.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Neither the Jets nor Bills have a respectable QB that can move a team to win. The Bills just released Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez is garbage. If Fred Davis goes to Buffalo, he is going to be behind Scott Chandler. If he goes to NY, he will never see the playoffs as Miami and New England are the teams to beat up there.

Buffalo and the Jets are not going to be competitive in their division until Mark Sanchez is gone and Tom Brady retires.

Fred Davis doesn't care about winning he cares about money and even so he is young and would wait more for one of those franchise to get a QB if they wantded to vs already potentially of what he would get .

But per twitter.

TK":
Skins want Winfield but its not close enough on the money to call a lock. DHall wouldn't break the bank. and Yes! would like like CHester would be cut if we want more cap space.

TK
And also : Bills offer is one mil shorter than our offer so looks like Davis is likely coming back.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Chester shouldn't happen, I wouldn't mess with the continuity of this OL which led the way to the top rushing offense in the league and is going to be responsible for protecting RG3 again who's coming back from a serious knee injury. I doubt the team cuts its most consistent guard over the past two seasons.

Possibly they'll restructure him as I think he has several good seasons left in the league but I don't think they'll cut him

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report on ESPN 980 is that the redskins are closing in on a deal with Antoine Winfield

mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Report on ESPN 980 is that the redskins are closing in on a deal with Antoine Winfield

I think this is a good thing for depth.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: