Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Winfield Reply with quote

With Dhall likely coming back and the bafoon OF a FO that Winfield is our best 2nd plain .

-Very good run tackler (best at CB)
-Didn't allow any TD's last year
-A leader
-A very excellent slot coverage guy .
-A play maker
-Very affordable

Other lists of CB's:

1: Brent Grime
2:Nnamdi( likely to 49ers)
3:Pacman Jones
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone making threads about potential FAs? Cant all of these fit in the FA thread. Not sure why it annoys me so much but it does. Confused

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Why is everyone making threads about potential FAs? Cant all of these fit in the FA thread. Not sure why it annoys me so much but it does. Confused

Sad

I just wanteded to be kool
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, but as long as its about the redskins or football a thread is allowed to be open by anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish I understood it ..bafoon of a Front Office.. ???
Thinking Winfield is second best plain,,HUH,,He is isn't he ,,thenU go on to point out his excellent season last year.. And Hall LIKELK to come back..I doubt that.
Maybe it's me but I'm totally lost on this one.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Thinking Winfield is second best plain,,HUH,,He is isn't he ,,thenU go on to point out his excellent season last year.. And Hall LIKELK to come back..I doubt that.
I'm lost on most of his posts. I think he's saying he's the second best option because Brent Grimes is younger and the last year he was healthy all year in 2010, he was a pro bowl cb and one of the best in the nfl. The problem I have is it was 3 years ago. He hasn't been the same since 2010. He's coming off a torn achillies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

Yes our FO are bafoons.

We know how to make good offensive decesions but on D its terrible. IDC if we did go 10-6 we won't magically win 7 straight like we did. Look at the prices on the CB's are you serious? they aren't even as expensive as we all thought they would. Sean Smith was pose to get 8 mil and never even got 5.

And yes Winfield would be a good cheap move and Hall will be back for sure are you kidding? nobody is gonna pick him up and have him start. But Hall and Winfield are very possible .

And I don't wanna hear that youth thing because alot in here support Moss and London being back so no excuse.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I'm lost on most of his posts. I think he's saying he's the second best option because Brent Grimes is younger and the last year he was healthy all year in 2010, he was a pro bowl cb and one of the best in the nfl. The problem I have is it was 3 years ago. He hasn't been the same since 2010. He's coming off a torn achillies.

He was a good CB in 011 and thats when injury hurt him up. Regardless if his contracts good I rather have him than Wilson or Hall because he was an elite coverage CB in 010 and 011 . I doubt that injury holds him back .

Very upset not getting Talib or even other CB's when thats our need. People think we will win again on offense but that wont be like that like it was last year , things change .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Yes our FO are bafoons.

We know how to make good offensive decesions but on D its terrible. IDC if we did go 10-6 we won't magically win 7 straight like we did. Look at the prices on the CB's are you serious? they aren't even as expensive as we all thought they would. Sean Smith was pose to get 8 mil and never even got 5.

And yes Winfield would be a good cheap move and Hall will be back for sure are you kidding? nobody is gonna pick him up and have him start. But Hall and Winfield are very possible .

And I don't wanna hear that youth thing because alot in here support Moss and London being back so no excuse.
get outa here dude! Laughing

Our front office is the best one we've had in 20 freakin years. Don't let last season go to you're head and think this team has to be perfect, no team is perfect.

We still can't afford that! And if Rak, Carriker and Meriweather are healthy last year (like they hopefully will be this year) we'd be top 15.

What bad decisions has this front office made on defense??

Year 1.- drafted Riley, traded a 5th for Carriker,
Year 2- drafted Kerrigan & Jenkins, & Neild. Signed Cofield, Bowen & Wilson

Year 3, didn't do much but get reserves because our Defense was 13th in the nfl and tied for 10th in sacks and the offense was absolutely horrible with 30 turnovers and 25th in the nfl in rushing.

Again, no one can have a perfect team with perfect depth and you can't predict that 3 starters will be out for the year
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

He was a good CB in 011 and thats when injury hurt him up. Regardless if his contracts good I rather have him than Wilson or Hall because he was an elite coverage CB in 010 and 011 . I doubt that injury holds him back .

Very upset not getting Talib or even other CB's when thats our need. People think we will win again on offense but that wont be like that like it was last year , things change .
i could care less about missing on Talib. If we can just get a good cb to replace Hall like Grimes or others and the draft someone in round 2 or 3 to be our nickle cb, this Defense will be a lot better.

Yeah things change from year to year and I think our team this year will better overall from start to finish
mrdriii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we just trade spots in the 5th for Carriker? I think the FO has done a very nice job building this squad and making us competitive and respectable again. Restoring our faith in the team. I wanted Talib but can't cry over spilled milk and the market for CB's won't be too much better for him next season with multiple CB's taking 1 year deals.

I can't believe we may be forced to go back to Hall but that's what it looks like. Winfield and a 2nd rounder would be preferable to me. Unless, Grimes can't get paid but isn't he undersized and better in zone?

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Didn't we just trade spots in the 5th for Carriker? I think the FO has done a very nice job building this squad and making us competitive and respectable again. Restoring our faith in the team. I wanted Talib but can't cry over spilled milk and the market for CB's won't be too much better for him next season with multiple CB's taking 1 year deals.

I can't believe we may be forced to go back to Hall but that's what it looks like. Winfield and a 2nd rounder would be preferable to me. Unless, Grimes can't get paid but isn't he undersized and better in zone?
yeah, you're right. I knew what I was just saying wasn't exactly right.

I agree and as far as Grimes goes, we pay mostly zone so I think he'd work out well here.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NFL_ATL: Leslie Frazier has been in contact with veteran CB Antoine Winfield, hopes return to Vikings is possible. http://t.co/fHziTiEb28

Sad
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/26/antoine-winfield-considering-other-offers-in-advance-of-visit-with-redskins/

According to mike jones of washpo, Antoine Winfield is considering two offers from other teams before he even visits DC tomorrow.

Quote:
One of the teams interested in the services of the three-time Pro Bowl player is the Minnesota Vikings, Winfield’s employer for the last nine seasons. The Vikings released Winfield earlier this month because he was owed a salary of $7.25 million.

A person familiar with Winfield's thinking said the 36-year-old defensive back has received "other offers." Winfield is intrigued by the prospect of playing for the Redskins, but he might accept another offer and cancel his visit to Redskins Park, the person said. It wasn't clear whether Winfield has scheduled visits with other teams.

daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Antoine Winfield, don't take the other offers... Take ours! We need a guy like you here. Pray

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: