Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion Volume III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Palmy, do you have a grade on Cyprien yet?

Think he is going to get overdrafted. Not real sure he is fast enough to pull Capers fit either. That's a nice prospect but some have fallen in love there and that's never a good idea. In a year or two you might be talking about a 220lb 4.7 safety right there. Find him the right home and ya might have a poor man's Mark Barron. Just not real sure this Capers fit is that right home.

But what about his make-up speed? I agree and think the speed on paper is the speed you see in on the field. But he has a terrific ability to time his breaks on the ball, which I think makes up for his less than ideal speed.
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Palmy, do you have a grade on Cyprien yet?

Think he is going to get overdrafted. Not real sure he is fast enough to pull Capers fit either. That's a nice prospect but some have fallen in love there and that's never a good idea. In a year or two you might be talking about a 220lb 4.7 safety right there. Find him the right home and ya might have a poor man's Mark Barron. Just not real sure this Capers fit is that right home.

But what about his make-up speed? I agree and think the speed on paper is the speed you see in on the field. But he has a terrific ability to time his breaks on the ball, which I think makes up for his less than ideal speed.

But he's a SS, which will keep Burnett playing out of position (at FS), that's my only concern.

Give me Vaccaro (even via trade up if necessary), Reid or Rambo, I'd be fine with any of those 3, and they're all natural FSs, too, which allows Burnett to be moved back to SS, his natural position.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Reid

I know a lot of people like him, but I don't see it all with him. What games or game cut-ups have you guys seen that lead you to believe he's capable of being an NFL starter. I never watched Nate Allen in college, but Eric Reid reminds of Nate Allen. Laughing
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Who was that superman athlete DT about 4 years ago that did some prison time but everyone wanted? He got cut immediately entering camp by whomever brought him in. Am I wrong to compare that guy to Margus Hunt?

Admittedly, I spent a lot less time on my football hobby the past year. But everything I read about this guy says he is superman. But people are projecting him second round. Tell me why.

I believe you're referring to the Vanilla Gorilla, Blaine Sumner. Laughing .

People fell in love with him on the boards for a while.
Oh one of the roid(suspected) boys from Colorado School of Mines! Forgot they ever existed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
What about Georgia's Bacarri Rambo? He's another Safety I love, probably the closest thing to Nick Collins in this draft in terms of ballhawking ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34

Gotta love the "Rambo!" chant at 0:25. Plus, who wouldn't want a guy with the last name "Rambo" in their secondary? He's also a FS, which will allow Burnett to move over to his natural SS position. Plus, we might be able to get him in the 3rd. I'd say he's this year's Casey Hayward as a ballhawking DB that wanted TT to pick up (yes, I was clamoring hard for Hayward last year and was thrilled when it happened).
I know Rambo's use of his brain for good is a big concern for him. His interviews with teams are going to make or break him, however, purely from speculation and rumor, he's not going to really sell many teams that he's trustworthy off the field and he's potentially difficult to coach on it. Good talent, bad head. More often then not, another team will bet on players like him, before I ever would.

Did he ever get on the field and workout for teams yet?

If you're talking about his so-called "off-field/character issues" it was just getting caught with a little weed, pretty benign if you ask me. It's not like he was ever involved in any domestic violence or DUI, or anything like that, so he's a guy who can easily be coached up in my opinion as far as staying out of trouble.

As for team workouts, that I'm not sure of. But he's definitely somebody the Pack should take a look at, I think his talent far outweighs his relatively minor drug concerns (seriously, alcohol and cigarettes kill a LOT more than weed does, and those are both legal, the laws in this country these days...)

Oh, just weed? That's the red flag with this kid? Nothing wrong with some herb in college.

Obviously he can't do that in the NFL, but if that's his biggest off the field concern then I think we should draft him. I love ball hawking safeties. Turnovers mean more opportunities for #12, and that spells doom for the opposing team

It's a lot more than weed with Rambo. Somebody posted an interview from last year when he was rumored to be entering the supplemental draft and it proved, to me at least, that he's a headcase. Don't want him anywhere in the draft. I'll see if I can track down the interview....
Yes, it's a lot more then "just weed", (the political aspects of it we don't talk about here) he's got a screw or two lose, he's no Titus Young but he seems to have a little of that in him. I've heard across multiple outlets that he makes scouts and coaches uneasy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
What about Georgia's Bacarri Rambo? He's another Safety I love, probably the closest thing to Nick Collins in this draft in terms of ballhawking ability.

Gotta love the "Rambo!" chant at 0:25. Plus, who wouldn't want a guy with the last name "Rambo" in their secondary? He's also a FS, which will allow Burnett to move over to his natural SS position. Plus, we might be able to get him in the 3rd. I'd say he's this year's Casey Hayward as a ballhawking DB that wanted TT to pick up (yes, I was clamoring hard for Hayward last year and was thrilled when it happened).
I know Rambo's use of his brain for good is a big concern for him. His interviews with teams are going to make or break him, however, purely from speculation and rumor, he's not going to really sell many teams that he's trustworthy off the field and he's potentially difficult to coach on it. Good talent, bad head. More often then not, another team will bet on players like him, before I ever would.

If you're talking about his so-called "off-field/character issues" it was just getting caught with a little weed, pretty benign if you ask me. It's not like he was ever involved in any domestic violence or DUI, or anything like that, so he's a guy who can easily be coached up in my opinion as far as staying out of trouble.

As for team workouts, that I'm not sure of. But he's definitely somebody the Pack should take a look at, I think his talent far outweighs his relatively minor drug concerns (seriously, alcohol and cigarettes kill a LOT more than weed does, and those are both legal, the laws in this country these days...)

Oh, just weed? That's the red flag with this kid? Nothing wrong with some herb in college.

Obviously he can't do that in the NFL, but if that's his biggest off the field concern then I think we should draft him. I love ball hawking safeties. Turnovers mean more opportunities for #12, and that spells doom for the opposing team

It's a lot more than weed with Rambo. Somebody posted an interview from last year when he was rumored to be entering the supplemental draft and it proved, to me at least, that he's a headcase. Don't want him anywhere in the draft. I'll see if I can track down the interview....
Yes, it's a lot more then "just weed", (the political aspects of it we don't talk about here) he's got a screw or two lose, he's no Titus Young but he seems to have a little of that in him. I've heard across multiple outlets that he makes scouts and coaches uneasy.

Oh really? Laughing My bad, I didn't know about that, I thought it was just the weed, which is easy to coach up on.

Also, bringing up a point in the earlier DP thread, as far as our DL goes (sorry to change the subject BTW), how do you guys like this strategy:

-Cut Pickett
-Sign Richard Seymour
-Draft Hankins 1st round (if he falls to us at #26, which is looking more and more possible judging by many recent mocks)

Doing this saves somewhere around $4.5 mil in cap space, which we could most certainly use for resigning our Big 3 this year, and keeps us from having to use an additional pick on a NT (at least for 1 or 2 years until Seymour's contract expires), because if/when Worthy comes back (and by God, I sure hope it's in time for training camp like someone else said, and I forget who), Hankins can be moved to backup NT to spell Raji, with Seymour-Raji-Worthy as our 3 starting defensive linemen (all 3 starting DL with some semblance of pass rush ability in a 3-4, would you look at that). In any event, though, we'll definitely have to at least restructure Pickett's deal, he's just not worth his $6.5 mil per year salary at his age. Don't feel like paying that kind of money to a 34 year old DL who's only good for occupying blockers and not much else, especially with the big pay days for Matthews and Rodgers coming up. Thankfully, Raji's next deal won't cost much more than his current contract thanks to the old CBA, so he'll be easy. Laughing
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Oh really? Laughing My bad, I didn't know about that, I thought it was just the weed, which is easy to coach up on.

Also, bringing up a point in the earlier DP thread, as far as our DL goes (sorry to change the subject BTW), how do you guys like this strategy:

-Cut Pickett
-Sign Richard Seymour
-Draft Hankins 1st round (if he falls to us at #26, which is looking more and more possible judging by many recent mocks)

Doing this saves somewhere around $4.5 mil in cap space, which we could most certainly use for resigning our Big 3 this year, and keeps us from having to use an additional pick on a NT (at least for 1 or 2 years until Seymour's contract expires), because if/when Worthy comes back (and by God, I sure hope it's in time for training camp like someone else said, and I forget who), Hankins can be moved to backup NT to spell Raji, with Seymour-Raji-Worthy as our 3 starting defensive linemen (all 3 starting DL with some semblance of pass rush ability in a 3-4, would you look at that). In any event, though, we'll definitely have to at least restructure Pickett's deal, he's just not worth his $6.5 mil per year salary at his age. Don't feel like paying that kind of money to a 34 year old DL who's only good for occupying blockers and not much else, especially with the big pay days for Matthews and Rodgers coming up. Thankfully, Raji's next deal won't cost much more than his current contract thanks to the old CBA, so he'll be easy. Laughing

I think you're severely undervaluing Pickett and overrating Seymour.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, restructuring/extending Pickett is far more likely than cutting him. And I like the idea of bringing in Seymour if he comes cheap, but his game is definitely showing major signs of decline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Mayock has Margus Hunt as his #2 overall 34 DE. Guy has a ton of upside, might take him a couple years to get goin tho, but good depth til then. He also has plenty of the length many of us on here are wanting. I got his draft pick value around pick 40 but def could rise in the next couple weeks.

Anyone think we'll take a shot at him, and/or if you like him?
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
Saw Mayock has Margus Hunt as his #2 overall 34 DE. Guy has a ton of upside, might take him a couple years to get goin tho, but good depth til then. He also has plenty of the length many of us on here are wanting. I got his draft pick value around pick 40 but def could rise in the next couple weeks.

Not in the first. If he falls to our 2nd pick I would definitely look at him. I'm not the biggest fan of raw 26 year old rookies, but I think it would be worth it if it was our 2nd rounder.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Not in the first. If he falls to our 2nd pick I would definitely look at him. I'm not the biggest fan of raw 26 year old rookies, but I think it would be worth it if it was our 2nd rounder.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's only playin football for a couple years (4-5?). This dude could be a year or two of good coaching/experience from being a superstar IMO.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's only playin football for a couple years (4-5?). This dude could be a year or two of good coaching/experience from being a superstar IMO.

You are correct, he has not been playing long. He could be a very good player, I would just rather go another route in the 1st.

PPG RPG APG
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

You are correct, he has not been playing long. He could be a very good player, I would just rather go another route in the 1st.

As in a different pos, dif player, or something safer?
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different position and safer. Right now in the first I honestly want Lacy, Keenan Allen, Eifert or one of the safeties. Somebody definitely could fall that we arent planning on too. Margus Hunt could definitely be a good player but it will take him awhile, and he is already 26.

PPG RPG APG
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>>> 26 year old rookie project players. Let Hunt fall to the 6th round before you talk to me about him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 4 of 65

Jump to: