Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If/When Geno isn't at 8 when we pick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want if we can't grab Geno?
Another QB? (Manuel, Nassib, Barkley, Wilson etc)
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Cordarrelle Patterson
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Offensive Linemen (Fisher, Warmack, Johnson)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Dee Milliner
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other (List in your response)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I just hope Buffalo doesn't take Nassib at 8.

I'm preparing for it, Nix is a bumbling idiot.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

If we take Nassib over Patterson or Wilson or really ANYBODY else at 8, I wouldn't even be shocked at this point either.

I'd be pissed off beyond measure, but not shocked.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

If we take Nassib over Patterson or Wilson or really ANYBODY else at 8, I wouldn't even be shocked at this point either.

I wouldn't mind Jarvis Jones.

Smith, Patterson, Jones or bust for me. If somehow none of them are there then trade down.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

I wouldn't mind Jarvis Jones.

Smith, Patterson, Jones or bust for me. If somehow none of them are there then trade down.

I'd throw in Dee Milliner and Dion Jordan to that mix as well

Geno Smith
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Cordarelle Patterson
Dee Milliner
Trade Down
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers fan here. First off I want to start by saying that Geno Smith will not be there when you pick so you might want to find a spot on that wall that you want to bash your head against. I think Oakland and Arizona are the most likely landing spots for him.

That being said, you NEED someone that will help your future young QB. When I look at Patterson I see someone that is dynamic and an unbelievable playmaker but he is a body catcher and he is unproven as he only had one year of production and granted it was half of what say a Tavon Austin produced. I think #8 might be too high for him.

I think the move is to draft Tavon Austin at #8. You need a playmaker in that offense and Austin is a proven commodity. If they had a defense and won more games than Austin should've won the Heisman. He is probably the best playmaker in this draft and he can help the Bills in a million ways. Most importantly, he will NOT BUST. Patterson has a very low floor and Austin has a high ceiling as well as a high floor, thus, being a great pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

--i see a better Percy Harvin, his cutting ability is uncanny, he can fly, and is the most DYNAMIC playmaker in this draft

The second move is where the Steelers come in. I don't think you have a problem drafting Tyler Wilson at #41 but that is not what you want. I think Nassib has a great chance of being picked up by his former coach. #8 would be a reach for Nassib but say if you trade with the Steelers than you definitely get your man and you get a guy I know you will be targeting at pick #8 after Geno is off the board.

The price #41, 2014 1st for PIT 1st #17.

Thoughts?
Bills4life7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

That being said, you NEED someone that will help your future young QB. When I look at Patterson I see someone that is dynamic and an unbelievable playmaker but he is a body catcher and he is unproven as he only had one year of production and granted it was half of what say a Tavon Austin produced. I think #8 might be too high for him.

I think the move is to draft Tavon Austin at #8. You need a playmaker in that offense and Austin is a proven commodity. If they had a defense and won more games than Austin should've won the Heisman. He is probably the best playmaker in this draft and he can help the Bills in a million ways. Most importantly, he will NOT BUST. Patterson has a very low floor and Austin has a high ceiling as well as a high floor, thus, being a great pick.

--i see a better Percy Harvin, his cutting ability is uncanny, he can fly, and is the most DYNAMIC playmaker in this draft

The second move is where the Steelers come in. I don't think you have a problem drafting Tyler Wilson at #41 but that is not what you want. I think Nassib has a great chance of being picked up by his former coach. #8 would be a reach for Nassib but say if you trade with the Steelers than you definitely get your man and you get a guy I know you will be targeting at pick #8 after Geno is off the board.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't be shocked if they took Austin considering he's the usual buffalo player. Tweener guy with return ability but, i hate the scenario. Yeah are recievers do have decent size so we could take an undersized playmaker and he is proven. Also if anyone takes Nassib before are 41st pick it's a reach. I know you have to reach for qb's buy are second round pick is a reach as it is. Really don't want another losman set back by trading into the first for a guy with so many questions.
I would hope for millner (won't happen) but would be happy with jones/jordan/johnson/warmack that order.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills4life7 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

Wouldn't be shocked if they took Austin considering he's the usual buffalo player. Tweener guy with return ability but, i hate the scenario. Yeah are recievers do have decent size so we could take an undersized playmaker and he is proven. Also if anyone takes Nassib before are 41st pick it's a reach. I know you have to reach for qb's buy are second round pick is a reach as it is. Really don't want another losman set back by trading into the first for a guy with so many questions.
I would hope for millner (won't happen) but would be happy with jones/jordan/johnson/warmack that order.

Don't you guys have T.J Graham that fits the bill for an undersized playmaker?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Bills4life7 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

Don't you guys have T.J Graham that fits the bill for an undersized playmaker?
Dude cant catch a cold.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Well first I'd smash my head against my wall, repeatedly.

Then I'd suck it up, pick myself up, and be happy the Bills at least took Tyler Wilson.

We need a QB, any other position or depth is meaningless if you don't have one.

at #8??? He'd surely be there when we pick again at #41
And probably there at #71 where I hope we would pass on him again.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Steelers fan here. First off I want to start by saying that Geno Smith will not be there when you pick so you might want to find a spot on that wall that you want to bash your head against. I think Oakland and Arizona are the most likely landing spots for him.

Thoughts?
I would never make that trade. Buffalo seems to be rebuilding (yet again) and we face a brutal schedule next year. I expect our 2014 1st to be in the top 5.

Also, if I were to think Nassib is good enough to draft at #17, I would draft him at #8. If I liked him enough to give up #41 and next years 1st, I would certainly like him enough to take him at #8.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?
I would never make that trade. Buffalo seems to be rebuilding (yet again) and we face a brutal schedule next year. I expect our 2014 1st to be in the top 5.

Also, if I were to think Nassib is good enough to draft at #17, I would draft him at #8. If I liked him enough to give up #41 and next years 1st, I would certainly like him enough to take him at #8.

I don't think Nassib is even close to #8 worthy but you need to overdraft a QB and a QB only. So, a QB like Nassib who is better value at #41 then #17, but he might not be there at #41. There are plenty of teams late 1st like NE (4 total picks), DEN, BAL, etc all of which would be interested in trading down. Denver is interested in trading down although they have Manning who is running out of miles, they don't have many picks and I already checked out their forum. Plus, all of those teams interested in drafting a QB select ahead of you in round two. A move must be made unless you are looking at a QB worse than JP Losman

You could easily be looking at a situation where Geno goes to Oakland or AZ and then Barkley, Mike Glennon (yuck), Nassib, Manuel could all be gone before you pick at #41. Do you think Tyler Wilson is a starting caliber quality QB? I wouldn't take him or Tyler Bray even in the 5th round

I run a site based off a *** system and Tavon Austin is the only three star prospect in this draft. In comparison, RGIII and Patrick Peterson are former three stars and top prospects in their respective drafts and this year popular prospect Luke Joeckel is only a 2.75/3.0, who is widely considered the "safest pick of the draft". I would argue that Tavon Austin is a safer pick. The kid can catch so the fact he can't catch a cold is completely erroneous. He can return, run the ball (he won't do that but still versatility), catch screens, and whenever he touches the ball watch out

If you go Austin, Nassib you will at least be trending upwards.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

I don't think Nassib is even close to #8 worthy but you need to overdraft a QB and a QB only. So, a QB like Nassib who is better value at #41 then #17, but he might not be there at #41. There are plenty of teams late 1st like NE (4 total picks), DEN, BAL, etc all of which would be interested in trading down. Denver is interested in trading down although they have Manning who is running out of miles, they don't have many picks and I already checked out their forum. Plus, all of those teams interested in drafting a QB select ahead of you in round two. A move must be made unless you are looking at a QB worse than JP Losman

You could easily be looking at a situation where Geno goes to Oakland or AZ and then Barkley, Mike Glennon (yuck), Nassib, Manuel could all be gone before you pick at #41. Do you think Tyler Wilson is a starting caliber quality QB? I wouldn't take him or Tyler Bray even in the 5th round

I run a site based off a *** system and Tavon Austin is the only three star prospect in this draft. In comparison, RGIII and Patrick Peterson are former three stars and top prospects in their respective drafts and this year popular prospect Luke Joeckel is only a 2.75/3.0, who is widely considered the "safest pick of the draft". I would argue that Tavon Austin is a safer pick. The kid can catch so the fact he can't catch a cold is completely erroneous. He can return, run the ball (he won't do that but still versatility), catch screens, and whenever he touches the ball watch out

Am I misreading your post, or are you suggesting that Tavon Austin is the #1 player in the whole draft?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

Am I misreading your post, or are you suggesting that Tavon Austin is the #1 player in the whole draft?

as far as I can see, yes that is exactly what he is saying, and is on the same level as RGIII and Pat Peterson...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

as far as I can see, yes that is exactly what he is saying, and is on the same level as RGIII and Pat Peterson...

The only way I'd want Austin here is if we drafted Geno at 8 and he's sitting there at 41. I'd trade up a few picks to make sure we got him for the right price (his chemistry with Geno is incredible). He is not worth a top 16 draft pick. He is at best a late first, early second.

Name 5'8'' consistent, healthy, receivers in the NFL.. there aren't many. He's not at all what we need at WR either. We need a bigger, Justin Hunter type.

Ideally, we want Geno at 8, then Hunter at 41. Followed by BPA at LB, OG, CB, or S.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Thoughts?

Haha yes it is laughable I know. This is not a draft of "elite" prospects that is next year. This is a draft of depth but some of those guys will eventually turn into superstars they just aren't there yet. A guy like Justin Hunter is a perfect example. He could very well be the next AJ Green but as of now he's a work in progress and can't be in talk of #1 prospect. Because I guess he could somehow bust, Austin has 0% chance of bust and will help immediately in many different ways

What you should know the last #1 rated prospects since 2008 I've said have been: RGIII (over Andrew Luck), Patrick Peterson (over Cam), Dez Bryant, Matt Staffford, and Chris Johnson. The #1 prospect is something I have to live with forever and I am comfortable putting Tavon Austin's picture as the next #1 prospect

Schefter has already said Austin won't make it to Minnesota and I think BUF, STL, PIT would be teams targeting him in the 1st rd. Hunter is 2nd best WR and he will also go rd1

I believe you guys have to not worry about where that 2014 1st is, you need to take BPA at #8 and then trade back into the 1st and get the 2nd best QB. In my book Austin would be BPA at #8. I think the Bills could very well take Austin bc they need guys who can play ball but who knows this is a team that reached for Donte Whitner then traded up for JOHN MCCARGO in the same draft. Also traded up for JP Losman. Never underestimate the power of relationship between head coach and former players. Going back to when Saban coached the Dolphins he drafted all SEC players bc he knew the kids better than anyone else bc he played against and recruited them. I could easily see them trading back into rd1 for Nassib and I think Austin/Nassib is the best you could possibly do with your first two picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: