Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Open Forum: My Free Agency Take thus far.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Open Forum: My Free Agency Take thus far. Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Welp, it's been a crazy past 5 days and the process is still on-going.

Bucs made a huge impact signing S Dashon Goldson to a 5 year41.5 million 22 million guranteed, largest contract for a safety in NFL history. No doubt Goldson is a well rounded player in coverage and in the run and follows the football. Did we overpay? Quite possibly. But he brings physicallity, leadership, and an impact to our defense.

Grade : B+ (only because he's not the best Safety in football)

I liked the move of Jonathon Casilas. Brings competition to the SLB spot and fills depth and special teams.

Grade: B

Kevin Ogeltree i thought was a solid move. He's got a good relationship with Garrett and will definately compete with Underwood for the 3rd WR spot. Good route runner. Crabtree was another solid move as he adds a well rounded option who's reliable as a pass catcher.

Grade: B for each.

Trading Benn was another good move. Getting anything for him makes it a B+. He wasn't going to succeed here.

Now, we're engaging in talks to land Revis. I think we eventually land him, sooner or later. I'm not sure how much we're going to pay for the best CB in the NFL. I just don't want to give up the farm.

Agree with everything you hit on. However Goldson isn't near the highest paid, Berry has that honor. I thought I would add the other elite safeties that you had brought up to compare. I'm sure that when Byrd signs his new contract it will be higher along with Thomas when he gets off his rookie contract.

Eric Berry
7/30/2010Signed a five-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $34 million guaranteed.

Earl Thomas
8/1/2010: Signed a five-year, $21.1 million contract. The deal includes $12.32 million guaranteed.

Jarius Byrd
Franchise Tag Amount - $10,854,000, $9,095,000

Dashon Goldson
3/13/2013: Signed a five-year, $41.25 million contract. The deal contains $22 million guaranteed

I honestly think all of 3 of those guys above him are significantly better and are also younger...and I'm not talking about statistically- just who I'd want back there defending the pass (more Byrd and Berry) but Thomas has been good too
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
I hate the ordeal we've gotten ourselves into with Revis. We're now at a "him or nothin'" stage. The Jets have played it exactly right.

And so have we. If we don't get Revis we have enough draft picks to compensate.

Eh.

We're primed to have a great draft even if we only hit on two guys... but we're basically stuck with Revis. It seems like we're gonna get him no matter what. It didn't feel like that a week ago when there were a handful of guys that we could've signed for the cheap. I feel like the Jets have more leverage now. I don't like it.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
I hate the ordeal we've gotten ourselves into with Revis. We're now at a "him or nothin'" stage. The Jets have played it exactly right.

And so have we. If we don't get Revis we have enough draft picks to compensate.

Eh.

We're primed to have a great draft even if we only hit on two guys... but we're basically stuck with Revis. It seems like we're gonna get him no matter what. It didn't feel like that a week ago when there were a handful of guys that we could've signed for the cheap. I feel like the Jets have more leverage now. I don't like it.

We aren't stuck with Revis. Even if we don't sign any FAs - and there are plenty left that can still play even if they get short contracts - we can just double up on CBs which seems totally possible in this draft class. The Jets are the ones who can't afford his contract demands.

Honestly I'm over it with what seems like everyone else now. I'd be fine signing Ronde and another veteran, or maybe even one of the better, younger, FAs left, draft a CB or two and call it a win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: