Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioCowboy8732

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Draft Picks Reply with quote

With a boat load of draft picks this year it seems like you guys are poised to make some moves. I have thought about a couple different scenarios and wanted to get some feedback from the diehards.

1. Trade out of first/early second for a future first rounder
2. Trade up for a corner (Rhodes or Trufant)
3. Trade up for one of the top two guards (Warmack and Cooper)

I personally think that number 1 is the most plausible. Any thoughts?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Reply with quote

OhioCowboy8732 wrote:
With a boat load of draft picks this year it seems like you guys are poised to make some moves. I have thought about a couple different scenarios and wanted to get some feedback from the diehards.

#3 is nearly impossible. If you had watched Alex Boone play at RG at all, you'd know he played at a very high level. And Iupati on the other side doesn't need any introduction. We're only on the market for an offensive lineman if it's an upgrade over C Jonathan Goodwin.

#1 and #2 are possible. We could also trade up for a DE or S.

Trent Baalke isn't afraid to move up to get the player we really want, and not afraid to trade down when the players available aren't to his liking.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
OhioCowboy8732 wrote:

#3 is nearly impossible. If you had watched Alex Boone play at RG at all, you'd know he played at a very high level. And Iupati on the other side doesn't need any introduction. We're only on the market for an offensive lineman if it's an upgrade over C Jonathan Goodwin.

Trent Baalke isn't afraid to move up to get the player we really want, and not afraid to trade down when the players available aren't to his liking.

You are 100 percent right no way we trade up for one of the G's. But trading up for a C? Sure there isnt one worth taking in the first but some think Warmack could be a dam good C and Warmack is slipping on draft boards an is possible we only need to trade up 10 spots or less to get him, that is if we view him as a C. I wouldnt want him to trade up to take a C or even take one with our first 2 picks period.

Id like to get a good S, possibly a CB, and a DE. I want another WR also.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
OhioCowboy8732 wrote:

You are 100 percent right no way we trade up for one of the G's. But trading up for a C? Sure there isnt one worth taking in the first but some think Warmack could be a dam good C and Warmack is slipping on draft boards an is possible we only need to trade up 10 spots or less to get him, that is if we view him as a C. I wouldnt want him to trade up to take a C or even take one with our first 2 picks period.

I didn't mean we'd trade up for a C. Simply said that if we have any interest in a starting OL, it will be a C, not a G, where we're pretty much set for the next two years. The center prospects this year seems to be starting in the late second, early third. No need to trade up for anyone. If we want one, our second 2nd rounder should be perfect.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Reply with quote

OhioCowboy8732 wrote:

Hate to say this but ... it depends. 3's out; our guards are good to great,a nd young. Can't imagine us trading up for a corner there's simply not enough to differentiate one of them from the whole group of other that would still be there when we pick. 1 is possible, but we actually do have needs and I think we would want to fill them now rather than wait till next year. My best guess is we use our first few picks where they are.

Of course depending on who slips or gets taken when we were expecting them to still be there you never know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
OhioCowboy8732 wrote:

From what I've been reading, one of the reason warmack is slipping is because he can't play center. Cooper can, and that's why he's rising. I've heard he could potentiall be picked before warmack now.

About the op. I'm in the camp of trading for a future first. I think we should do what the pats always did. Just keep trading for future picks. Once we have to start paying all our studs, it's going to be sad that all these guys are leaving. So we need that cheap talent through the draft

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: