Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith's Value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Wow.

Yup. I'm done responding to your posts. This will be my last.

Aw, come on. This was just getting good. Wink

Seriously, I apologize for the ESPN stuff. That was a potshot and uncalled for. I will remove it.

But, Geno Smith still isn't going to be a Chief. Razz Enjoy the burgers.
omar72587

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Well this thread crashed and burned just a little fellas Laughing

lol, pretty much.

In a feeble attempt to revive it, what does everyone think about the possibility of Geno in our spread/WCO hybrid?

I actually love idea of Geno Smith in the chiefs WCO. He is a good natural passer that will only get better coupled with the smarts.

Any chance you think the Chiefs throw the league a curve ball and draft Geno for a ransom? I think that in this particular year it might be a good strategy. Most teams appear to be not concerned about the chiefs drafting Geno but I could be wrong.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omar72587 wrote:
I actually love idea of Geno Smith in the chiefs WCO. He is a good natural passer that will only get better coupled with the smarts.

Any chance you think the Chiefs throw the league a curve ball and draft Geno for a ransom? I think that in this particular year it might be a good strategy. Most teams appear to be not concerned about the chiefs drafting Geno but I could be wrong.

I doubt that happens, personally. If a scenario like that plays out, regardless of what player we took at #1, he'd probably have to be the pick we actually WANTED to make, but a trade offer was good enough for us to make the deal anyway. Dorsey and Reid don't strike me as the kind of guys who would do something like that intentionally. Too risky IMO.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rumless

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
omar72587 wrote:

I doubt that happens, personally. If a scenario like that plays out, regardless of what player we took at #1, he'd probably have to be the pick we actually WANTED to make, but a trade offer was good enough for us to make the deal anyway. Dorsey and Reid don't strike me as the kind of guys who would do something like that intentionally. Too risky IMO.

The nice thing about Dorsey is that he came from an organization that drafted a really terrific quarterback and sat him for a couple years. The Chiefs situation has some semblance to Dorsey's time in Green Bay (there is a QB who is established here, and no pressure on an incoming rookie QB). Sitting Geno would be a wise move. This is a draft where there are plenty of developmental quarterbacks, and while there's pressure to start now, we've seen from Rodgers that sitting a couple years doesn't decay a quarterback's talents.. I think Dysert would be more in Reid's mold, but the idea of drafting Geno, having him sit until Alex's contract runs out... I'm aa fan of.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
The nice thing about Dorsey is that he came from an organization that drafted a really terrific quarterback and sat him for a couple years. The Chiefs situation has some semblance to Dorsey's time in Green Bay (there is a QB who is established here, and no pressure on an incoming rookie QB). Sitting Geno would be a wise move. This is a draft where there are plenty of developmental quarterbacks, and while there's pressure to start now, we've seen from Rodgers that sitting a couple years doesn't decay a quarterback's talents.. I think Dysert would be more in Reid's mold, but the idea of drafting Geno, having him sit until Alex's contract runs out... I'm aa fan of.

Shhh

I heart you.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
marnz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question if anyone actually wants geno at this point eapecially if flynn goes to oakland and palmer to arizona
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
I question if anyone actually wants geno at this point eapecially if flynn goes to oakland and palmer to arizona

Lets say both those things happen and someone wants to trade up for Joeckel or whoever they fancy. If we traded back to the 4-7 range and pick up the equivalent of the A.Smith trade, I think Geno would be a perfect pick.

I'd say about a .5 % chance of happening but I would idolize Dorsey and Reid forever.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
marnz wrote:

Lets say both those things happen and someone wants to trade up for Joeckel or whoever they fancy. If we traded back to the 4-7 range and pick up the equivalent of the A.Smith trade, I think Geno would be a perfect pick.

I'd say about a .5 % chance of happening but I would idolize Dorsey and Reid forever.

I think people seriously underestimate the pick inflation that QBs carry. Leave Luck and RGIII out of last year's draft and Tannehill is the #1 pick. There is a very solid argument that Geno is better than Tannehill. Go back three years. Cam Newton is not a horrible Geno Smith comparison, and GS is clearly better than the other three top 10 QBs.

Geno Smith will go either #1 or #2. that is just the way the system works.

J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:

You can cross off BUF, OAK and AZ from the list of suitors. They’ve all postured themselves from overspending for Geno Smith.

None of them see their recent acquisitions as anything more than we see Alex Smith, a stop gap. However, their maneuvering allows them to sit back and see if Geno falls in their laps or settle for something later.

All that leaves is the Eagles. If I’m them, I call everyone’s bluff. Geno Smith is not worth mortgaging your future, and the Eagles will not allow themselves to be held up, just like the others won’t. The cards are in their favor.

What a difference a few days makes. The high optimism I had for a trade down has been reduced to hope.

More likely, the Chiefs are stuck at one taking Luke Joeckel and will trade Branden Albert to recoup lost picks. I don’t think they can even expect a 13R2 if they can manage a Geno trade, yet alone multiple picks. What a bummer.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've felt that way for past two months. Worst draft in decades to have the #1 overall pick in. Just our bad luck.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I've felt that way for past two months. Worst draft in decades to have the #1 overall pick in. Just our bad luck.

Hopefully we at least come away with a ten year solution at LT.
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those looking to read some negatives on Geno Smith, Pro Football Weekly has you covered.

Quote:
Negatives: Operated an offense where he received adjustments from the sidelines and was often out of sync with receivers. Average field vision and coverage recognition — forces throws and does not work through progressions. Takes unnecessary sacks and does not feel pressure well. Not an elusive scrambler. Shaky lower-body mechanics — does not stand tall in the pocket (crouches, hops, dances and elevates to his toes when he throws). Has pin legs and bad pocket posture. Operated almost exclusively from the gun. Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.

Summary: Started the season red-hot with the help of two playmaking receivers and created a national stir generating a lot of overexcitement in the scouting community. Quickly came down to earth after Kansas State disguised coverages and brought pressure he could not handle and he finished dropping six of his final eight games. A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

As you've read, strong negatives in Geno Smith. I find the interview aspects of scouting fascinating, simply for the fact common fans aren't given any knowledge of how well a prospect performs or what the interview entailed. If this scouting report is accurate, there's a lot more to Geno than meets the eye.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
For those looking to read some negatives on Geno Smith, Pro Football Weekly has you covered.

Quote:
Negatives: Operated an offense where he received adjustments from the sidelines and was often out of sync with receivers. Average field vision and coverage recognition — forces throws and does not work through progressions. Takes unnecessary sacks and does not feel pressure well. Not an elusive scrambler. Shaky lower-body mechanics — does not stand tall in the pocket (crouches, hops, dances and elevates to his toes when he throws). Has pin legs and bad pocket posture. Operated almost exclusively from the gun. Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.

Summary: Started the season red-hot with the help of two playmaking receivers and created a national stir generating a lot of overexcitement in the scouting community. Quickly came down to earth after Kansas State disguised coverages and brought pressure he could not handle and he finished dropping six of his final eight games. A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

As you've read, strong negatives in Geno Smith. I find the interview aspects of scouting fascinating, simply for the fact common fans aren't given any knowledge of how well a prospect performs or what the interview entailed. If this scouting report is accurate, there's a lot more to Geno than meets the eye.

If that report is actually true, then we are going to end up drafting Smith after all, I am convinced! We seem to be snakebit to an extent.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

Quote:

this is the same guy that said similar things about RG3 last year. He'll probably say similar things about Tajh Boyd and Teddy B next year. See where I'm going with this?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Quote:

this is the same guy that said similar things about RG3 last year. He'll probably say similar things about Tajh Boyd and Teddy B next year. See where I'm going with this?

Now you have me thinking....is this the guy that lambasted Cam Newton as an extreme no-talent?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: