Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers sign TE Matt Spaeth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a hypothetical which I'm not even claiming is realistic, but just bear with me here.

I'm looking at this optimistically.

2012 Scoring Stats:
Total Points: 336
Total Rushing TD's: 8
Total Receiving TDs: 27
Total FG's: 28
Total Defensive Touchdowns: 1
Total Return Touchdowns: 0

2013 Scoring Predictions (being very optimistic.

Total Rushing TDs: 12
Total Receiving TDs: (broken down by player
Antonio Brown: 9
Heath Miller: 5
David Paulson 3
Johnson & Spaeth 1
Plaxico Burress 5
Jerricho Cotchery 3

Total FG's: 25
Total Defensive Touchdowns: 3
Total Return Touchdowns: 1

Total Points: 348

Based purely on stats that would rank up right between the Buffalo Bills & San Diego Chargers (based on last years stats) who we finished better than record wise. It's also 12 Points better than we finished last season..think about what 12 points could have done for us.

There is no clearer image than that, that we have to score more points.

Bold Prediction:

Are you ready for this? If there is one thing we've learned in the past it should be this; WR heavy draft classes, especially when it's one that involves a heavy load of quality receivers, tend to create a 'slippage' of 1st round prospects, making them available to later teams, somewhat unexpectedly.

Pittsburgh Steelers Select: WR Keenan Allen, California (subsitute any top receiver you want if you'd like)

Total Points Touchdowns Scored by #1 Draft pick, Keenan Allen: 8

That bumps our scoring total up to 404. Which puts up 6 points better than the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens.

This is all very optimistic and perhaps not realistic...but perhaps it's more realistic than we're giving it credit for being.

Prediction: (as stated several times before) 11-5, 2013 Division Championships.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WW: You're becoming a great poster, because you provide stats and well-thought analysis which cannot be said about some other new people! Wink

It is a little far-fetched but I like the analysis and think Keenan Allen is a possibility at our 1st round pick. The only criticism I have is never say: "Are you ready for this?" Gives me bad memories!! Laughing Laughing

Last edited by at23steelers on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@WW: You're becoming a great poster, because you provide stats and well-thought analysis which cannot be said about some other new people! Wink

It is a little far-fetched but I like the analysis and think Keenan Allen is a possibility at our 1st round pick. "The only criticism I have is never say: Are you ready for this?" Gives me bad memories!! Laughing Laughing

LOL I agree, it's far fetched and despite my bold prediction, I'm not even 100% convinced Allen will still be on the board and for a rookie to come into the Pittsburgh Offense and score 8 receiving Touchdowns, I don't know about that, it's obviously not impossible, but considering how lack-luster our offense was last year, that would be a hard feat to accomplish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: