Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 expectations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
10 wins, max.

Not an indictment on TT, but currently, we are losing talent faster than we are gaining it.

If we can resign guys, we should be alright in 2014.

Driver - Non contributor
Woodson - Penalty machine and played 7 games
Jennings - 36 rec 366yds played 8 games
Crabtree - Role Player, even if he was Awesome
Walden - Role Player w/ limited starting capabilities

Missing anyone?
I just don't see these losses as "critical".
Yes... Saturday. That alone should get us an extra .5 wins this year.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the leadership loss, but I believe we have guys that can take over that role already.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Lost: Woodson, Jennings, Driver, Crabtree, Saturday, +WALDEN

Gained: Bishop, Perry, Bulaga, Sherrod, draft picks

Most of the people on the former list have much better names than they have game. Woodson, Driver, Saturday are guys who will leave a leadership void, but you can't rely on old vets to provide leadership forever, and none of them should have been playing much on merit. Crabtree and Walden just aren't very good to begin with, and Jennings is no better than the third best receiver in this group (would take Nelson and Cobb over him, easily).

The folks on the latter list, on the other hand, promise to help some of our major weaknesses (notably blocking and pass rushing.)
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect 12-13 wins again this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a better question, who in the AFC is going to make the playoffs? Because honestly. aside from the Broncos and Pats and possibly Houston, every team looks like an 8-8 team. And yes, that includes Baltimore.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:
Heres a better question, who in the AFC is going to make the playoffs? Because honestly. aside from the Broncos and Pats and possibly Houston, every team looks like an 8-8 team. And yes, that includes Baltimore.

The AFC is going to be real interesting next year.

As for us, we are a play-off team no doubt. However, right now you cannot tell me that you would feel comfortable facing Sea or SF. Right now they are the favorites and have gotten better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:

AFC is weak, I don't see any other contenders aside from the Texans, Broncos and Patriots.

Houston is intriguing, because I feel like they are a healthy Cushing and another receiver away from contending (Hopkins/Allen/Austin/Hunter would give Schaub a much needed second option in the passing game).

Broncos had a really good FA imo, Welker makes their passing attack nasty. Decker/Thomas on the outside and Welker working the slot (huge upgrade over Stokley)...Elway is giving Peyton nice toys to play with. DRC for a year was a boom or bust signing, but he has CB1 potential.

I can't believe people actually think New England is screwed. They are guaranteed to win the division/one home game in the playoffs. Brady/Belichick is always a contender. Letting Welker go was the right move, and Amendola is more explosive albeit much more brittle. They'll be fine.

1. Houston
2. Broncos
3. Patriots
4. Bengals
5. Ravens
6. Your guess is as good as mine
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets see we have no chance to beat anybody that picked up a FA cause they are better than us. And as per every off season, every team is improving and going in the "right" direction, will its obvious that the Pack are heading in the wrong direction. The off-season the best time there is in football.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect this team to win the division and contend for a Super Bowl. This isn't any different than the last 3-4 years. This team absolutely has the talent to go all the way. Flying under the radar coming into the year ought to help as well, as everyone will be focused on the Seahawks and Niners.

The biggest determinants for ultimate success will be the maturation and development of key players on both sides of the ball and the health of our squad. I'm inclined to think we've just been very unlucky when it comes to injuries and having Perry/Bulaga/Sherrod/Bishop back is a huge talent infusion right off the bat. Hayward and Cobb will continue to get better. Our offensive line will not give up that many sacks again (MM is going to make this a focus going into next year). And I'm confident TT will turn into a wizard and bring in more young talent.

The player I'll be watching most is Perry. Before he went down Matthews had a ton of sacks to start the year thanks in part to the added pressure by Perry on the other side. Having consistent pressure from someone other than Clay is huge; Clay is our best defensive player by far and he needs help.

Looking at the rest of the NFC...the Seahawks frighten me. They have killed FA, adding an elite talent like Harvin makes them the top team IMO. Wilson is the real deal and with Wilson/Lynch/Harvin I think they will be a top ten offense by the end of the year. And then their defense...what a nasty unit this is now, with them adding two of the top pass rushers on the market to quell the absence of Chris Clemons' torn ACL. Rotation of Irvin/Bennett/Avril plus elite secondary...scary team.

SF didn't even have Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James and they still ran over everyone. Kaepernick is only going to get better...look what Harbaugh can do with Alex Smith. Another offseason under Harbaugh and the sky is the limit for this kid. And then they have 5 picks in the top 93.... Shocked

Predictions at the moment:

1. Seattle 13-3
2. Green Bay 12-4
3. Atlanta 11-5
4. New York 10-6
5. San Francisco 12-4
6. New Orleans 10-6

Loss in NFC Championship against Seattle or SF. I just can't see us beating those teams right now Sad
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Well lets see we have no chance to beat anybody that picked up a FA cause they are better than us. And as per every off season, every team is improving and going in the "right" direction, will its obvious that the Pack are heading in the wrong direction. The off-season the best time there is in football.
No joke, even the bottom feeders say "We are an 8-8 team, 7-9 at the worst" Laughing Its like people have never seen Free Agency before, everybody completely overreacts to the people they signed and automatically expect that they will have a career year. I am very happy we aren't shelling out cash, save money for the guys that want to be here and roll over as much cap as possible. We are a legit contender with the guys that are here, we just have to add quality parts in the draft.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
You gotta remember we will be adding 4* first round picks we didn't have at the end of last year. I honestly think that if we can stay healthy we might be the best team in the NFL. Atlanta/Baltimore showed that the 49ers are burnable and they just lost Goldson too.
*= As long as we don't trade out of the 1st round this year.

I'm with you. I can't imagine many other teams winning like we did with their last 3 first round picks on IR. We'll also add more depth in April, Jolly might contribute on the D line - which is a plus with Worthy hurt - and TT will sign FAs just not any that any of us ever heard about before. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Honestly, I expect fewer injuries.....Is that to much to ask for?

That would be wonderful! You gotta think sooner or later by just the law of averages we've had more of our fair share of season ending injuries by key players! Brick wall I swear somebody has a voodoo doll of MM and keeps sticking pins into it and that is why we are so snakebitten by the injury bug! It got so I hated to get the injury report every stinkin' week. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
10 wins, max.

Not an indictment on TT, but currently, we are losing talent faster than we are gaining it.

If we can resign guys, we should be alright in 2014.

Driver - Non contributor
Woodson - Penalty machine and played 7 games
Jennings - 36 rec 366yds played 8 games
Crabtree - Role Player, even if he was Awesome
Walden - Role Player w/ limited starting capabilities

Missing anyone?
I just don't see these losses as "critical".
Then throw in the fact we are regaining Bishop, Bulaga, Sherrod and Perry from injury and I would say we've gained more then we've lost just by getting healthy.

This.

Last edited by Pugger on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
What are Sherrod and Worthys healing timelines? Are they even expected back before the season starts?

If you believe Bob McGinn, Worthy's injury will keep him out most of the season and they may or may not have amputated his leg.

If you believe Palmy, he should be fine for camp, if not minicamp.

Sherrod should be on track to be ready for TC assuming there's no setbacks.

But Worthy is another matter. From what I understand he will not be ready by September. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
I expect this team to win the division and contend for a Super Bowl. This isn't any different than the last 3-4 years. This team absolutely has the talent to go all the way. Flying under the radar coming into the year ought to help as well, as everyone will be focused on the Seahawks and Niners.

The biggest determinants for ultimate success will be the maturation and development of key players on both sides of the ball and the health of our squad. I'm inclined to think we've just been very unlucky when it comes to injuries and having Perry/Bulaga/Sherrod/Bishop back is a huge talent infusion right off the bat. Hayward and Cobb will continue to get better. Our offensive line will not give up that many sacks again (MM is going to make this a focus going into next year). And I'm confident TT will turn into a wizard and bring in more young talent.

The player I'll be watching most is Perry. Before he went down Matthews had a ton of sacks to start the year thanks in part to the added pressure by Perry on the other side. Having consistent pressure from someone other than Clay is huge; Clay is our best defensive player by far and he needs help.

Looking at the rest of the NFC...the Seahawks frighten me. They have killed FA, adding an elite talent like Harvin makes them the top team IMO. Wilson is the real deal and with Wilson/Lynch/Harvin I think they will be a top ten offense by the end of the year. And then their defense...what a nasty unit this is now, with them adding two of the top pass rushers on the market to quell the absence of Chris Clemons' torn ACL. Rotation of Irvin/Bennett/Avril plus elite secondary...scary team.

SF didn't even have Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James and they still ran over everyone. Kaepernick is only going to get better...look what Harbaugh can do with Alex Smith. Another offseason under Harbaugh and the sky is the limit for this kid. And then they have 5 picks in the top 93.... Shocked

Predictions at the moment:

1. Seattle 13-3
2. Green Bay 12-4
3. Atlanta 11-5
4. New York 10-6
5. San Francisco 12-4
6. New Orleans 10-6

Loss in NFC Championship against Seattle or SF. I just can't see us beating those teams right now Sad

I think SF is better than Seattle right now and Seattle doesn't have a first. Yes, if NO can shore up their D and getting Payton back they will be in the mix too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: