Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 expectations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxr124

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: 2013 expectations Reply with quote

So we've just lost Wood, DD, and GJ85. I do think all 3 needed to go this year, but there's no denying that we are going to be a significantly different team going into 2013. This is no way trying to be "doom n gloom", but what are our REALISTIC chances at a SB this year? Yes, we still have Rodgers and I believe that alone gives a shot to be any team on any given day, but I can't help but see this season as a rebuilding year. Not "full on" but more like "mini" rebuild. I just don't see us as anything more than a playoff (1 and done) team this season. Hope I'm wrong.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the odds of winning the Owl are around 1/8 -1/12. Only a handful of teams whose odds I like better.

But as always the playoffs are a small sample size, and individual games come down to small things (c.f. Baltimore at Denver last year), so who knows?

I'm entirely confident the Packers will be in the playoffs next year, unless, perish the thought, something happens to QB1.
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our defense can step up just enough. We're a legit top 5 team. Greg Jennings stings, but Cobb is an upgrade if he can keep rising, and we could easily draft a WR to be our number 4.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13-16 regular season wins.

Superb Owl champs.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know what will happen, I keep on bringing up our defense rose from #32 to #11 and that was with major injuries and rookies being forced to start.

Our defense should continue to improve once Hayward, Perry, Worthy, etc make the "second year leap."

Another reason for optimism is Derek Sherrod > Marshall Newhouse, EDS > Jeff Saturday. We should have an improved OL.

These changes alone could be enough to gain us 1-2 more wins in the regular season, which you never know, could get us through to the SB.

But realistically, I do not know how you cannot say SF is the frontrunner in the NFC right now and we are at best a distant second, probably 3rd or 4th.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
But realistically, I do not know how you cannot say SF is the frontrunner in the NFC right now and we are at best a distant second, probably 3rd or 4th.

The winner of the NFC West will probably be the #1 seed, but I can definitely see the Packers being right there for a bye.
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 11-5, that sounds about right
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to this year RIGHT NOW:(and potentially at start of season)
QB - push (push)
RB - push (improved - likely draft pick, improved Harris)
WR - push (improved - likely draft pick, Jennings missed year, Driver non-factor, healthy Nelson, improved Cobb)
TE - push (push, probably not much change here, though expecting more from Finley is possibly fine)
OL - improved (guys are healthy for the start, possible draft pick)

DL - down (push/improved - lost Worthy, will likely gain draft pick, Raji/Pickett should be same, Daniels, Neal should improve)
LB - improved (improved - healthy Bishop/Perry helps a ton)
DB - push (push/improved - didn't see much loss when Woody was out, Shields and Hayward should improve, Tramon should push, likely draft pick at safety)

So far we've lost guys who didn't contribute to much last year (Jennings/Woodson - hurt, Driver - done, Saturday - done). We lost aging, declining players. We will add young talent to the mix and see internal improvement. Don't see many places that we will be worse at due to aging vets either. We should be an improved squad (when healthy).
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that we won't be cheated out of a win this year. If that's the case, it can't hurt our chances.

I really want to see what happens along both lines and what we do at RB. I honestly think we have the worst RB group in the league right now.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
justo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the draft, but I think we are probably the 3rd best NFC team. Could make an argument that we are 3rd in the NFL. Seattle and San Fran ahead of us, in the same tier as Denver and New England. New York Giants and Bears breathing down our necks. Baltimore would be up there but half their team is gone.

3-8 range. Anything could happen though. So many random things, and injuries, that happen in football.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the SF and SEA love, great teams...BUT how often has a great 1st year QB been able to repeat his performance in the ensuing season?

Teams adjust. I don't see them having outrageous success like many are forecasting.

Still have the #1 QB in the league. Our defense is getting key players back. I like our club more than their's.
dijatool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers suggest the Packers should regress in 2013 by almost a game but the injury woes should help to counterbalance that. 11 and 5 for now and as always, we'll know more in August.

daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I get the SF and SEA love, great teams...BUT how often has a great 1st year QB been able to repeat his performance in the ensuing season?

Teams adjust. I don't see them having outrageous success like many are forecasting.

Still have the #1 QB in the league. Our defense is getting key players back. I like our club more than their's.

The 49ers offseason has me worried. But I hear ya, at the QB position, 2nd year slumps typically are the rule, not the exception.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta remember we will be adding 4* first round picks we didn't have at the end of last year. I honestly think that if we can stay healthy we might be the best team in the NFL. Atlanta/Baltimore showed that the 49ers are burnable and they just lost Goldson too.
*= As long as we don't trade out of the 1st round this year.
dcerb44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

The 49ers offseason has me worried. But I hear ya, at the QB position, 2nd year slumps typically are the rule, not the exception.

Not to mention they were incredibly healthy last year as well. I think they were one of the top teams in least amount of games missed by players.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: