Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
shruj wrote:
Pinky wrote:
shruj wrote:
I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed like I was last year with the Shea pick.

I was confused, more than anything, by the Shea pick.

But still, In Phil we trust.

It was where he was picked and who was still on the board as several better prospects were still available.

I do trust Phil, but that pick just did not make any sense.

According to who? You can look at 10 different analysts big boards, and you'll get 10 different rankings. Shea was expected to go in the second half of the first - and that's where he went.

Did you think Seattle made a mistake?

I thought Seattle had lost their minds. It appears so far, that I was very wrong.

The Bear's pick was a bit of a surprise, but some analysts had him higher than where we took him. Could have we done a little better? It appears so. Hindsight is always 20/20. However, Shea is not the type of player that you will never hear from again in two years, thankfully. He may even grow into his role and exceed current expectations.

speaking of which - i expect him to progress to a 6 sacks total next year.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like him to have some more sacks, as well. However, I hope he really pressures opposing quarterbacks even more. If they have to account for him in their mind, that is one more task that gets between them and success.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is hoping on the Te'o to the Bears train.

That would start a catastrophic collapse of the Internet as far as I can see.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Everyone is hoping on the Te'o to the Bears train.

That would start a catastrophic collapse of the Internet as far as I can see.

It would certainly be a disappointment.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn on a pick for my mock draft - at #2 do the Jags do something smart at take a OT, or do they take Geno Smith?

OT would be best for their team, but Smith would fill seats. They need someone at QB after drafting Gabbert a few years back at #10.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do

Feel free to jump ahead of us and grab him!!
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do

The Bears interest him Manti has got to be a smokescreen at this point. I really hope it is at least.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

The Bears interest him Manti has got to be a smokescreen at this point. I really hope it is at least.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Would be nice to get the Vikes to lose a pick too and jump ahead of us to take him.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

No joke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Teo. Very good player. I hope we can still trade down though. I wouldnt be mad if we took him at 20 if we couldnt trade down though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Would be nice to get the Vikes to lose a pick too and jump ahead of us to take him.

They have to be screwing with the Vikings.

There is no way Emery would gush about the guy he really wanted to the media. The guy is cloak and dagger and the only guy he has talked about is Te'o.
mikee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
shruj wrote:

This. I thought Jones would have been stellar for us. We'll see how he turns out.

FWIW - Jones was 25th among 43 DE's in PRP (Pass Rush Productivity - as calculated by ProFootballFocus)

Shea was 27th.

Shhh.... Don't ruin the narrative.

Jones was a beast from Day 1, never got hurt, and didn't lose effectiveness as the season went on. Shea was banged up to start the year (which is what was expected because he is so small) and never made any impact as the season went along.

I love how first impressions are all that matter to most people. I for one had Jones rated higher as a prospect (late first round grade) than I did Shea (2nd round) and was disappointed with the choise the Bears made. But people act as if Jones was this perfect prospect with no red flags. Jones was undersized for most of his college career, was very injury prone, which hampered his consistency. And the same pattern emerged last season in the NFL. He flashed, he got hurt, he came back and didn't play as well. People complained about Shea's injury history but blocked out Jones is injury prone as well.

I still feel Jones is the better player, but the difference is not anywhere near as wide as people make it out to be. And while Shea's concussion issues are a definite concern, the rest of his injury record is pretty clean, where as Jones has had a bunch of diferent ailments.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

They have to be screwing with the Vikings.

There is no way Emery would gush about the guy he really wanted to the media. The guy is cloak and dagger and the only guy he has talked about is Te'o.

Could be a double smoke screen, with people thinking he's faking interest when it's actually real. Just sayin'. Hoping I'm wrong...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not joking around anymore with the potential scrap heap that will be left over at 20.

The experts say there are 10 elite players in this draft and I want one if them.

No one will want the 20th pick because the talent from 20 to 50 is all the same.

If Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack hit 15 I am offering the Saints 1[20] and 2[50] for 1[15] and 3[77], it is within 50 points on the trade value chart.

They are elite players at positions of need and they start day 1 with NO question marks.

1[15] OG Chance Warmack [Alabama]
3[77] LB Jon Bostic [Florida]
4. CB Terry Hawthorne [Illinois]
5. WR Josh Boyce [TCU]
6. DT Darius Smith [Miami]

Keep hoping that Ogletree does not get arrested and that Te'o is not the weirdo we think he is I just drafted a Pro Bowler.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I am not joking around anymore with the potential scrap heap that will be left over at 20.

The experts say there are 10 elite players in this draft and I want one if them.

No one will want the 20th pick because the talent from 20 to 50 is all the same.

If Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack hit 15 I am offering the Saints 1[20] and 2[50] for 1[15] and 3[77], it is within 50 points on the trade value chart.

They are elite players at positions of need and they start day 1 with NO question marks.

1[15] OG Johnathan Cooper [NC]
3[77] LB Jon Bostic [Florida]
4. CB Terry Hawthorne [Illinois]
5. WR Josh Boyce [TCU]
6. DT Darius Smith [Miami]

Keep hoping that Ogletree does not get arrested and that Te'o is not the weirdo we think he is I just drafted a Pro Bowler.

FIFY Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 66 of 68

Jump to: