Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I would welcome Patterson, but that would mean that Earl Bennett would be a very forgotten man. He has managed to be forgotten all on his own.

I am fine with adding a better weapon than Earl

#1: Marshall
#2: Jeffery
#3/Slot: Patterson
TE: Bennett

That is a very nice group.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I would welcome Patterson, but that would mean that Earl Bennett would be a very forgotten man. He has managed to be forgotten all on his own.

Holy [inappropriate/removed] Al we agree on something,... Laughing
Earl Bennett is a #4 WR in this league, despite what stats Supe or anybody throw around in here. A #4 Wr isn't worth $2+ million a year, I'm all for going Tavon Austin/Cordarelle Patterson in the first.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago Bears (No. 20)
Target Player: G Jonathan Cooper
Where He’s Expected to Go: Top 20

The Bears hold the final selection in the top 20, so one of the draft’s two elite guards — Chance Warmack or Cooper — could fall into their laps. However, for a team that’s badly in need of an upgrade on the O-line, there will be some nervous moments should one of those two (likely Warmack) hear his name called early.

Chicago doesn’t figure to put all its chips on the table to move up a few spots, but a swap with, say, Miami at 12 or Carolina at 14 could be mutually beneficial.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/03/29/2013-nfl-draft-first-round-trades-you-may-see/?sct=uk_t12_a6
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the top LTs and the sure fire top 10 players if you could have your pick of players in the draft who would it be?

For me if I could have 1 guy it would be Jonathan Cooper. I think he is exactly what we need.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Outside of the top LTs and the sure fire top 10 players if you could have your pick of players in the draft who would it be?

For me if I could have 1 guy it would be Jonathan Cooper. I think he is exactly what we need.

I would take Cooper even over Warmack simply because he can play the centre spot and I feel that is a more valuable spot…if you plug Cooper in at that spot I think you have an all-pro type of guy for the next 10 years.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I would take Cooper even over Warmack simply because he can play the centre spot and I feel that is a more valuable spot…if you plug Cooper in at that spot I think you have an all-pro type of guy for the next 10 years.

I'm with you MM. I would be ecstatic to land either. I'm starting to think though that the team may go into the season expecting either Carimi or Brown to win one of the guard spots which would make either far less likely our target. I think that'd be a flawed approach personally but it wouldn't surprise me.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'm with you MM. I would be ecstatic to land either. I'm starting to think though that the team may go into the season expecting either Carimi or Brown to win one of the guard spots which would make either far less likely our target. I think that'd be a flawed approach personally but it wouldn't surprise me.

It would not surprise me one bit if we went into the draft really targeting a starting C because they want Carimi or Brown to win an OG spot.

Cooper
Frederick
Schwenke
Jones

I think there are 4 day 1 starters at C in this draft.

If we improve 4 positions on the OL this season I would feel much more comfortable with starting an unknown at RG like Carimir or Brown. 1 position you can protect and scheme around especially an OG, 4 you cannot.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

The Bears hold the final selection in the top 20, so one of the draft’s two elite guards — Chance Warmack or Cooper — could fall into their laps. However, for a team that’s badly in need of an upgrade on the O-line, there will be some nervous moments should one of those two (likely Warmack) hear his name called early.

Chicago doesn’t figure to put all its chips on the table to move up a few spots, but a swap with, say, Miami at 12 or Carolina at 14 could be mutually beneficial.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/03/29/2013-nfl-draft-first-round-trades-you-may-see/?sct=uk_t12_a6

This would be a HORRIBLE scenario were it to play out. I don't think there is s snowball's chance in hades, but I would be highly upset if it worked out where we traded up like this by packaging a later round pick.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Holy [inappropriate/removed] Al we agree on something,... Laughing
Earl Bennett is a #4 WR in this league, despite what stats Supe or anybody throw around in here. A #4 Wr isn't worth $2+ million a year, I'm all for going Tavon Austin/Cordarelle Patterson in the first.
Do you think we have a legitimate shot for the SB next year?

See above.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

No trade ups. We need too much.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

For a third next year I'd do it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

You mean Windy's trade plus a third next year?
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

I don't see a trade listed anywhere.

What I meant was 1.20 and 2014 3rd for 1.12.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Chicago Bears (No. 20)

I don't see a trade listed anywhere.

What I meant was 1.20 and 2014 3rd for 1.12.

No way we can move up 8 spots to 12 for just a future 3rd.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 3rd this year or a 2nd next year will get you close.

Draft picks from the next year are worth 1 round lower than they are so a 2014 2nd would be valued at a 3rd this season.

AZ a 3rd would get you close, but you would need a motivated team because it is not a knock your socks off offer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 22 of 68

Jump to: