Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
McShay has us going

Eifert
Minter

Warmack, Cooper, Fluker gone before we pick.

No Arthur Brown or Warford in the first 2 rounds.

Wait, Eifert? So he is insinuating that Bennett is going to leave much to be desired as a pass catching TE? Or does that mean he believes Eifert and Bennett would be on the field at the same time in 2 TE sets frequently?

That just doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
Eifert would be a terrible pick and a complete waste next year. These media guys don't know anything about what Emery will do. The chances of us taking Eifert are infinitesimal. Apparently he does not keep up with developments. Plus, these Wonder TEs are dropping like rocks.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
We have really painted ourselves into a corner with this it irony of the interior OL.

Right now we have

LG: Brown
C: Garza
RG: Carimi

We need to fix that.
Don't forget about Derek Dennis, Nick Pieschel, Chris Riley, Edwin Williams. Can't we count on a hidden gem coming from them? Even an industrial diamond would be nice.
blair18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How recent is that from McShay? Last I had looked he had us taking Patterson...

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
blair18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just now saw McShay recently saying we should go w/ Eifert. I see where he's going with having two dangerous tight ends, but thats the definition of a luxury. We have much greater needs now with the Bennet signing than a second TE.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People around here seem to be intrigued by the idea of drafting a DT in the first round, I'd rather just trade our fourth for Drake Nevis. Indy doesn't need him and people were real interested in him coming out.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

Patterson is an explosive player but I don't see the fit here...not many 6-2" slot receivers in the NFL.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

Patterson is an explosive player but I don't see the fit here...not many 6-2" slot receivers in the NFL.

I think the idea would be to do what New Orleans does and be constantly moving your top 3 guys into the slot and moving guys around. I know lance Moore spends a lot of time there, but Colston, Henderson and Meachem got time there.

I really don't know how I feel about Patterson for the Bears. Love the speed and open field ability and I don't see why he could not play in the slot, but is it not over kill to add another big, fast target?

I understand Austin because he offers something different. But is Patterson not a faster not as physical version of Jeffery?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

I think the idea would be to do what New Orleans does and be constantly moving your top 3 guys into the slot and moving guys around. I know lance Moore spends a lot of time there, but Colston, Henderson and Meachem got time there.

I really don't know how I feel about Patterson for the Bears. Love the speed and open field ability and I don't see why he could not play in the slot, but is it not over kill to add another big, fast target?

I understand Austin because he offers something different. But is Patterson not a faster not as physical version of Jeffery?

Patterson doesn’t play with the same instincts or polish as Jeffery…I wasn’t a fan of Jeffery because of the off-field concerns but as a player I feel he was much more pro ready than Patterson was…people criticised Jeffery’s route running coming out but he was way ahead of Patterson in that regard…also better at tracking the ball and going up for it…

I think Patterson is a guy who you have to come up with simple ways of getting the ball in his hands then let instinct take over early in his career…plenty of potential tho.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

Patterson doesn’t play with the same instincts or polish as Jeffery…I wasn’t a fan of Jeffery because of the off-field concerns but as a player I feel he was much more pro ready than Patterson was…people criticised Jeffery’s route running coming out but he was way ahead of Patterson in that regard…also better at tracking the ball and going up for it…

I think Patterson is a guy who you have to come up with simple ways of getting the ball in his hands then let instinct take over earhly in his career…plenty of potential tho.

I understand why you draft Patterson he has top 10 physical ability and as you said needs polish.

His tape when he gets the ball in his hands is pretty impressive as he is incredibly elusive.

I would not be shocked if they picked him, but to me is seems like overkill to have 5 guys, Marshall, Jeffery, M Bennett, Forte and Patterskn who need to get the ball.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I have the 1st round going right now (as long as there are no trades of course lol)...

1. Kansas City…Luke Joeckel…OT…Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville…Sharrif Floyd…DT…Florida
3. Oakland…Geno Smith…QB…West Virginia
4. Philadelphia…Eric Fisher…OT…Central Michigan
5. Detroit…Lane Johnson...OT...Oklahoma
6. Cleveland…Dee Milliner...CB...Alabama
7. Arizona…Chance Warmack...OG...Alabama
8. Buffalo…Cordarrelle Patterson…WR…Tennessee
9. New York Jets…Dion Jordan…OLB…Oregon
10. Tennessee…Ezekiel Ansah…DE…BYU
11. San Diego…Jarvis Jones…LB…Georgia
12. Miami…Xavier Rhodes…CB…Florida State
13. Tampa Bay…Star Lotulelei…DT…Utah
14. Carolina…Sheldon Richardson…DT…Missouri
15. New Orleans…Barkevious Mingo…OLB…LSU
16. St. Louis…Tavon Austin…WR…West Virginia
17. Pittsburgh…Desmond Trufant…CB…Washington
18. Dallas…Jonathan Cooper…OG…North Carolina
19. New York Giants…Alec Ogletree…LB…Georgia
20. Chicago…Arthur Brown…LB…Kansas State
21. Cincinnati…Kenny Vaccaro…S…Texas
22. St. Louis…Eddie Lacy…RB…Alabama
23. Minnesota…Keenan Allen…WR…California
24. Indianapolis…Datone Jones…DE…UCLA
25. Minnesota…Bjorn Werner…DE…Florida State
26. Green Bay…Tyler Eifert…TE…Notre Dame
27. Houston...DeAndre Hopkins…WR…Clemson
28. Denver…Jesse Williams…DT…Alabama
29. New England…Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
30. Atlanta…Jamar Taylor…CB…Boise State
31. San Francisco…Jonathan Cyprien…S…Florida International
32. Baltimore…Kevin Minter…LB…LSU
blair18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

I think Patterson is a guy who you have to come up with simple ways of getting the ball in his hands then let instinct take over earhly in his career…plenty of potential tho.

I understand why you draft Patterson he has top 10 physical ability and as you said needs polish.

His tape when he gets the ball in his hands is pretty impressive as he is incredibly elusive.

I would not be shocked if they picked him, but to me is seems like overkill to have 5 guys, Marshall, Jeffery, M Bennett, Forte and Patterskn who need to get the ball.

I don't think there is a such thing as overkill when it comes to getting weapons on the field. IF we feel like we can get the help we need at Oline and other places, I don't think Emery (who loves to grab WRs) is ever going to be worried about overkill when it comes to bringing in weapons, nor will Trestman.
Though he is 6'2, patterson does not move like it. Just like Tavon, he would bring something to the table none of our receivers currently can, despite the fact that he is bigger than Tavon and closer to the size of our current guys. And moving people around is exactly what we would do, and something I definitely think Trestman would love to be able to do.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That was Kiper.

I don't think there is a such thing as overkill when it comes to getting weapons on the field. IF we feel like we can get the help we need at Oline and other places, I don't think Emery (who loves to grab WRs) is ever going to be worried about overkill when it comes to bringing in weapons, nor will Trestman.
Though he is 6'2, patterson does not move like it. Just like Tavon, he would bring something to the table none of our receivers currently can, despite the fact that he is bigger than Tavon and closer to the size of our current guys. And moving people around is exactly what we would do, and something I definitely think Trestman would love to be able to do.

I would welcome Patterson, but that would mean that Earl Bennett would be a very forgotten man.

I am fine with adding a better weapon than Earl

#1: Marshall
#2: Jeffery
#3/Slot: Patterson
TE: Bennett

That is a very nice group.
Athelite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha if we got Patterson it would be TOO legit. However, that is an extreme luxury pick.

^Takeonme^
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
This is how I have the 1st round going right now (as long as there are no trades of course lol)...

1. Kansas City…Luke Joeckel…OT…Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville…Sharrif Floyd…DT…Florida
3. Oakland…Geno Smith…QB…West Virginia
4. Philadelphia…Eric Fisher…OT…Central Michigan
5. Detroit…Lane Johnson...OT...Oklahoma
6. Cleveland…Dee Milliner...CB...Alabama
7. Arizona…Chance Warmack...OG...Alabama
8. Buffalo…Cordarrelle Patterson…WR…Tennessee
9. New York Jets…Dion Jordan…OLB…Oregon
10. Tennessee…Ezekiel Ansah…DE…BYU
11. San Diego…Jarvis Jones…LB…Georgia
12. Miami…Xavier Rhodes…CB…Florida State
13. Tampa Bay…Star Lotulelei…DT…Utah
14. Carolina…Sheldon Richardson…DT…Missouri
15. New Orleans…Barkevious Mingo…OLB…LSU
16. St. Louis…Tavon Austin…WR…West Virginia
17. Pittsburgh…Desmond Trufant…CB…Washington
18. Dallas…Jonathan Cooper…OG…North Carolina
19. New York Giants…Alec Ogletree…LB…Georgia
20. Chicago…Arthur Brown…LB…Kansas State
21. Cincinnati…Kenny Vaccaro…S…Texas
22. St. Louis…Eddie Lacy…RB…Alabama
23. Minnesota…Keenan Allen…WR…California
24. Indianapolis…Datone Jones…DE…UCLA
25. Minnesota…Bjorn Werner…DE…Florida State
26. Green Bay…Tyler Eifert…TE…Notre Dame
27. Houston...DeAndre Hopkins…WR…Clemson
28. Denver…Jesse Williams…DT…Alabama
29. New England…Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
30. Atlanta…Jamar Taylor…CB…Boise State
31. San Francisco…Jonathan Cyprien…S…Florida International
32. Baltimore…Kevin Minter…LB…LSU
You don't think Fluker will go in the first round?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 21 of 68

Jump to: