Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion Reply with quote

This is for Madmike

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks

Justin Pugh (Syracuse OT) should be a 1st rd pick. His name is buzzing in personnel circles. I think he's a better version of Andy Levitre.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that. I'm all for Tavon Austin/Arthur Brown in the 1st and BPA OL in the 2nd where there's great value like Justin Pugh.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This is for Madmike

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks

Justin Pugh (Syracuse OT) should be a 1st rd pick. His name is buzzing in personnel circles. I think he's a better version of Andy Levitre.

Yeah I saw this earlier…I still believe a smart team will give him a shot to play LT…his tape says he can do it far more than his arm length says he can’t…wouldn’t shock me to see the Pack taking him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This is for Madmike

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks

Yeah I saw this earlier…I still believe a smart team will give him a shot to play LT…his tape says he can do it far more than his arm length says he can’t…wouldn’t shock me to see the Pack taking him.

I wonder if he could be the target of the Bears if Cooper and Warmack are gone.

Athletic, pass blocking LG would if the bill especially if he packs on 10-15lbs and plays at 315-320lbs.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Free Agency: Bears Draft Discussion Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This is for Madmike

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks

I wonder if he could be the target of the Bears if Cooper and Warmack are gone.

Athletic, pass blocking LG would if the bill especially if he packs on 10-15lbs and plays at 315-320lbs.
I sure hope not.
blair18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a sure thing we trade down if we get the chance. I haven't seen recently what it is we are working with cap wise. If Brandon Moore or a LB are still economically possible at all or not. But we HAVE to get some fresh LBs in here.
Emery said he's shopping it. Especially if the premier guards are gone by the time we pick, which is a very real possibility, we need to try trading down, because I don't want to reach on a LB. Arthur Brown is the only guy that could go that high that I could maybe see picking that high.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
I think its a sure thing we trade down if we get the chance. I haven't seen recently what it is we are working with cap wise. If Brandon Moore or a LB are still economically possible at all or not. But we HAVE to get some fresh LBs in here.
Emery said he's shopping it. Especially if the premier guards are gone by the time we pick, which is a very real possibility, we need to try trading down, because I don't want to reach on a LB. Arthur Brown is the only guy that could go that high that I could maybe see picking that high.

We just have to hope someone wants to move up.

I think if we can move down in the 1st or 2nd we will seriously think about it. Because of the nature of our free agency I think we are going to need to use the draft for the filler of the roster.
dabears32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I read that. I'm all for Tavon Austin/Arthur Brown in the 1st and BPA OL in the 2nd where there's great value like Justin Pugh.

You really think both those guys will be in play at #20?

Emery has kind of seemed like a value over need type guy. How high do you really see these guys climbing?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
blair18 wrote:

We just have to hope someone wants to move up.

I think if we can move down in the 1st or 2nd we will seriously think about it. Because of the nature of our free agency I think we are going to need to use the draft for the filler of the roster.

I think there will be several teams looking to move back into the 1st for a QB. I expect Geno to go top 10 to either AZ or BUF but beyond that one of those two teams, KC, OAK, NYJ, and possibly JAX and PHI could all be looking to move up for their future QB of choice. And that's just teams looking for QBs. Off the top of my head others may be looking to move ahead of MIN for their CB or WR, ahead of CIN to get Fluker, etc. I fully expect the opportunity to move down to be there - it just depends on what compensation is available to us to do so.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Emery has kind of seemed like a value over need type guy. How high do you really see these guys climbing?

I am not sure I believe that Emery is a value over need drafter based on last season.

I think McClellin was a need pick. We needed a speed rushing DE and we took a player most people had ranked in the late 1st. We passed on higher ranked players like David DeCastro.

Brandon Hardin did not seem like a value in the 3rd round and surprised most people. I think his play early and the reports in training camp that he was struggling and his pity IR placement show that he was not an exceptional value.
dabears32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
dabears32 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

I am not sure I believe that Emery is a value over need drafter based on last season.

I think McClellin was a need pick. We needed a speed rushing DE and we took a player most people had ranked in the late 1st. We passed on higher ranked players like David DeCastro.

Brandon Hardin did not seem like a value in the 3rd round and surprised most people. I think his play early and the reports in training camp that he was struggling and his pity IR placement show that he was not an exceptional value.

Good points, but I think the sample size is too small.

One thing Emery said that stuck with me was that he picks "the best player that can transcend scheme." That kind of hints at a value-based draft strategy.

Also, the Alshon pick was a total value pick, and I think you could make a case that McClellin was too.

None of us know who is ahead of who on Emery's board, at this point were just guessing based on the one year we've seen him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that David Caldwell the new GM of the Jags said something refreshing in a question and answer period.

He was asked if he drafts BPA or for need and he said "we will draft for need, the best player at a position of need"

I think he was talking about how if you put too many resources at one position your team becomes unbalanced and weak.

I think Emery will draft the best player on their board that plays OG, LB, CB.
monkeydishes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly see them trading down in the draft and picking Teo in the late first/early second round (not saying it's my most preferable pick, but is logical with their needs). I see them using that ammunition to pick up a late second/early third round pick, along with a late first/early second. They can then use that ammo to get Teo, along with a speedy WR.

I would personally love to see them get Barrett Jones in the second round. It makes the most sense to get a big guy, with a lot of experience, versatility, who has played at the highest level in college football. I think the Jones pick will allow for the Bears to be creative later in the draft and in training camp cuts, because they could plug in Jones wherever there is a need.
4. Kiko Alonso
5. Tyrann Mathieu
6. O-Line Depth
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

You couldn't convince me that Shea was a "value" pick. Everyone knew we were going DE before draft day even kicked off, we were just suprised at who... I really do anticipate us signing either Brandon Moore or Kevin Boothe, giving us a ton of flexibility come draft day. Also, history shows that Emery values playmakers, he values WR higher than other positions even if the need is virtually the same. I expect him to really put effort into trading out of pick #20 to garner some more later in the draft, if he can do so, Arthur Brown/Ogletree/Minter/Te'o would all be great selections in the backend of the 1st early 2nd. I could easily see Tavon Austin being an option at #20 if Cooper/Warmack are gone as well..

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I thought that David Caldwell the new GM of the Jags said something refreshing in a question and answer period.

He was asked if he drafts BPA or for need and he said "we will draft for need, the best player at a position of need"

I think he was talking about how if you put too many resources at one position your team becomes unbalanced and weak.

I think Emery will draft the best player on their board that plays OG, LB, CB.

I've never been one for stats... But we were 1st in the NFL in interceptions, tied for 2nd in PD's, 2nd in FF(credit to CB's) and have TWO All Pro CB's on our roster....

We were 28th in the NFL in receiving yards, 29th in plays of 30+ yards, with 3300 total receiving yards and 1600 of them going to Brandon Marshall who was targetted 89 more times than anyone else on our team...
Read those two sentences and tell me CB is a bigger "need" than WR.... without pulling the "But all our Corners are Free Agents next year".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68

Jump to: