Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A pair of golden domes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: A pair of golden domes Reply with quote

Any interest in pairing golden domers at S with Tom Z. getting cut loose by the Colts? Pretty tough hombre to match with Dirty Harry in the back end....
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still young-ish at 27, but what exactly has he done in 5 years?

Thx to Uncle Buck!
spiken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a bad season in Indy, but it seems to me he was pretty well thought of in Baltimore and when coming out of the draft....
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite college players of all time. He's pretty limited at the safety spot, but he is a great special teamer and can be a good return guy.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel more or less comfortable with what we have at Safety as it stands.

Harrison Smith is locked in, and Sanford/Raymond is a duo I think is worth exploring on the other side. Remember, you have to let your youngsters actually get on the field and get valuable game experience to determine whether they're worth it in the long run. I would let Sanford/Raymond play it out. We have plenty of other issues to address.

Peppers90 on the sig.
chuck44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:

Harrison Smith is locked in, and Sanford/Raymond is a duo I think is worth exploring on the other side. Remember, you have to let your youngsters actually get on the field and get valuable game experience to determine whether they're worth it in the long run. I would let Sanford/Raymond play it out. We have plenty of other issues to address.

Couldnt agree more...i see evryone wanting to draft a safety in rnds 2-4...i thought our safety play was pretty good last year...plus Robert Blanton is a wildcard..FO seems to think he has some potential....Raymond ans Sanford are a decent combo back there.. where one lacks...the other excels
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Couldnt agree more...i see evryone wanting to draft a safety in rnds 2-4...i thought our safety play was pretty good last year...plus Robert Blanton is a wildcard..FO seems to think he has some potential....Raymond ans Sanford are a decent combo back there.. where one lacks...the other excels

id love to find another player of the quality of Harrison Smith, that would really put this defense over the top. However, I recognize WR, MLB, OG, DT and CB being bigger needs so i am content with Raymond/Sanford/Blanton as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to draft and develop a guy, similar to Blanton, in the mid to late rounds.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A pair of golden domes Reply with quote

spiken wrote:
Any interest in pairing golden domers at S with Tom Z. getting cut loose by the Colts? Pretty tough hombre to match with Dirty Harry in the back end....

hahaha! i've never seen that nickname for Smith, very appropriate!

"Hey you, wide receiver.... go ahead, make my day."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A pair of golden domes Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
spiken wrote:

Actually, that whole last sentence made me cringe a little...
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A pair of golden domes Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
spiken wrote:

i cringe when you talk about not wearing pants.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A pair of golden domes Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
spiken wrote:

i cringe when you talk about not wearing pants.

Game. Set. Match. Smile
BigDog74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
chuck44 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

id love to find another player of the quality of Harrison Smith, that would really put this defense over the top. However, I recognize WR, MLB, OG, DT and CB being bigger needs so i am content with Raymond/Sanford/Blanton as well.

This. Next year perhaps a S will be warranted in the early rounds. But this year it is extremely low on the totem pole for me. To many other pressing concerns to fill first
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiken wrote:
He had a bad season in Indy, but it seems to me he was pretty well thought of in Baltimore and when coming out of the draft....

I'm invoking 'that was then, this is now' combined with 'what have you done for me lately?'.

If your objective is to pair golden domers in centerfield, I mocked Zeke Motta, 'The Almost Raging Bull', ND, in the 6th round.

Realizing his poor performance at the Combine went unnoticed by me at the time, I may push him back to the 7th round. Realizing his rating by draft analysts isn't great, I had him headed to the PS for 2013, while the other yutes on their rookie contract battle to play next to Harrison Smith. He would be 'insurance' for an injury to a S or ST player.

Brief answer: NO to the older golden domer, YES or MAYBE to the younger one who hasn't been drafted yet, and so is unproven for better or worse.

I have no inclination to draft golden domers as a practice. I only did so because Motta was projected to be available at the point I sought a S.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Zib all the way back from his college days, but to be honest, bringing him in would be adding another talent like Jamarca Sanford without the possible upside. Sanford is a decent S but is t viewed as a great option for full time starter and is great of special teams. This is much how I view Zib, except for Sanford still has the potential to hold down the safety slot competently where as I think you'd see more of tom's flaws if that happened. Anyways, he'd have to come in bare-bones cheap for me to think it's worth it.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: