Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers LB A.J. Hawk takes a pay-cut to remain with the team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7423
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
More cap space!

Now I really won't understand people who still have a problem with Hawk.


If they still do then it wasn't just his contract that folks have an issue with. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34069
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the actual numbers actually been released?
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9329
Location: U.C.F.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoe wrote:
I heard he took the paycut so they could resign Robert Francois vantage TT saving money!


Roscoe is my favorite poster.
_________________

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Has the actual numbers actually been released?


Nope, and that's both expected and kind of a good thing. Usually when the numbers come out it's an agent crowing, when the agent had a guy take a paycut they're usually not going to brag about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 8619
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13345
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Has the actual numbers actually been released?


Nope, and that's both expected and kind of a good thing. Usually when the numbers come out it's an agent crowing, when the agent had a guy take a paycut they're usually not going to brag about it.
True but we should still be getting the leaks of his numbers at some point.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SDN40


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 3670
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?


I punched in that scenario into a probability program. It came back:
"Hawk making a game changing play does not compute. Error Error Error. Not enough memory to compute into the next millennium."
And then my computer starting smoking and blew up. Thanks for that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 1596
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?


I punched in that scenario into a probability program. It came back:
"Hawk making a game changing play does not compute. Error Error Error. Not enough memory to compute into the next millennium."
And then my computer starting smoking and blew up. Thanks for that.


Didn't he have like 2 sacks in the Vikings playoff game?
_________________
McThreadski wrote:

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smetana34


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 3091
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?


I punched in that scenario into a probability program. It came back:
"Hawk making a game changing play does not compute. Error Error Error. Not enough memory to compute into the next millennium."
And then my computer starting smoking and blew up. Thanks for that.


Didn't he have like 2 sacks in the Vikings playoff game?


No bro. He's awful. And doesn't make plays at all. His teammates all just love him because he was a Top 5 pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4493
Location: Spokane
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?


I punched in that scenario into a probability program. It came back:
"Hawk making a game changing play does not compute. Error Error Error. Not enough memory to compute into the next millennium."
And then my computer starting smoking and blew up. Thanks for that.


Didn't he have like 2 sacks in the Vikings playoff game?


No bro. He's awful. And doesn't make plays at all. His teammates all just love him because he was a Top 5 pick


Any player from THE Ohio State is GOAT top 5 Superb Owl MVP HOFer L33T HARRELL!!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 1596
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Greatest play of all time could happen this year...

Greg Jennings catches a ball over the middle and AJ Hawk decleats him causing a FF. And I mean actually knocks his shoes off his feet.

A guy can dream, right?


I punched in that scenario into a probability program. It came back:
"Hawk making a game changing play does not compute. Error Error Error. Not enough memory to compute into the next millennium."
And then my computer starting smoking and blew up. Thanks for that.


Didn't he have like 2 sacks in the Vikings playoff game?


No bro. He's awful. And doesn't make plays at all. His teammates all just love him because he was a Top 5 pick

Forgot, my bad.
_________________
McThreadski wrote:

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/313747250633404417

Quote:
#Packers cut A.J. Hawk's salary cap number nearly in half for this season, from $7.05 million to $3.6 million, per a source. Details to folo[sic]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12383
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RobDemovsky
#Packers cut A.J. Hawk's salary cap number nearly in half for this season, from $7.05 million to $3.6 million, per a source

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
@RobDemovsky
#Packers cut A.J. Hawk's salary cap number nearly in half for this season, from $7.05 million to $3.6 million, per a source


https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/313747672395821056
https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/313747824858763265

Quote:
Whoops, check that. Hawk's cap number is actually $5.2 million this year. So not in half
Will post the entire Hawk renegotiation shortly. Too complicated for Twitter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1790
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/313747250633404417

Quote:
#Packers cut A.J. Hawk's salary cap number nearly in half for this season, from $7.05 million to $3.6 million, per a source. Details to folo[sic]


Wonder if we pushed any money into next years cap, or if it was a pure re-working of his contract. Which is usually pretty rare.
_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group